Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

PaysonPSD.... Lost a brother today.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 05:48 PM
bfife
still plays with trucks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Will the Brotherhood be sending flowers or some type of gift to the family? I'd like to contribute if we are.

Barney

Old 01-23-2013, 06:31 PM
landmobile
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Robin's posts were always very knowledgable and helpful, so sad to hear of his passing. RIP brother.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:53 PM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bfife
Will the Brotherhood be sending flowers or some type of gift to the family? I'd like to contribute if we are.

Barney

As soon as we find out the details I will do just that from the brotherhood... I need to call you anyway Barney this weekend if that is ok.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:57 PM
bfife
still plays with trucks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by megawatt00
As soon as we find out the details I will do just that from the brotherhood... I need to call you anyway Barney this weekend if that is ok.
No problem Jim call any time. well not 6AM eastern time! I'm on mountain time so I'm 2 hrs behind you.

Barney

Old 01-23-2013, 07:06 PM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Originally Posted by bfife
No problem Jim call any time. well not 6AM eastern time! I'm on mountain time so I'm 2 hrs behind you.

Barney
I willl call you on Saturday afternoon then

Old 01-23-2013, 08:15 PM
Bigcat350
Posting Guru
I will always remember this Brother and his big grin. Prayers sent to the family.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:40 PM
Pitcrw6
Logistics Pro
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
WTH!!! I just saw this. He will be greatly missed. I never had the chance to meet him but talked back and forth on the forum and he's helped me get my 4wd working. RIP my brother. Thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:41 PM
sand_fiend
Laughing Gas
Wow. im just sitting here numb.. I never met him but he did reply to a couple of my posts. Funny how the loss of someone you never met can affect you just because your use to seeing his name on the site. RIP robin

Old 01-23-2013, 09:40 PM
papadelogan
Snowboard season cometh..

Sadly I never met him in person, but his enthusiasm for life came through loud & clear. Somewhere, there's a bit more laughter.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:49 PM
cutlass
Elder User
I am shocked by this news!! I just spoke to him on the phone 2 weeks ago tops and he was doing just fine, buying a house and move closer to his son not too far from Payson, AZ where he lived. He was in good spirits and I just can't believe it.

He has been a really good friend to me going back to when I first started to do my engine swap and build 2 years ago. He was always there when I had a question and helped me troubleshoot many problems I was having during the build throughout the past 2 years. He was extremely giving of his time and knowledge to me and the rest of us here on the forum. He was as sharp as a tack when it came to mechanical and electrical issues.

He was truly a friend and I miss him a lot already. It's just hard to believe.

RIP Robin.

Drake

Old 01-23-2013, 10:05 PM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

Received 98 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by pjwoolw
How truly sad. I only met Robin once at one of the get togethers at Andy's. A fellow phone company retiree. A great guy. I'll miss him. Rest in peace my friend.
I remember that day well, Pete. Here's Robin, you, Chet, Clay, and uh my memory is failing on the guy with the long hair..

Old 01-23-2013, 11:39 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Shake-N-Bake
That sounds like Robin....I can hear his voice in my head while I read your post.
Yeah, me too.......

A couple of weeks ago I sent him some photos of our truck yard and he responded that it looked like a harem for truck lovers. He always had those sorts of comments that would make me laugh. I know it's human nature to talk well of the departed even though they may not have been very exceptional but that isn't true with Robin. Those that knew him would agree he was far more than an average person.
I find myself still having trouble dealing with this sudden loss. It's difficult to understand Robin is no longer with us.

Robin had an amazing way of making anyone who met him, feel like they've been his friend for years.

This really sucks.

Stewart

Old 01-23-2013, 11:43 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Robin helping out by using his AE.

Stewart

Old 01-23-2013, 11:57 PM
Shake-N-Bake
Post Fiend

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
It is nice and somewhat healing to read all the individual stories and look at the photos. A picture is worth a thousand words and the photos show that he loved having a hobby that he could share with others. The really sad part is thinking of all the future FTE brothers and sisters that won't ever get to know him like we did.

Keep the stories coming....
Does anyone have a photo of Robin when he was handed his time slip at RRE that one year he set low ET? I bet he was shocked. I remember he was hoping to pull at least 400 hp on the dyno. He sure overshot that goal by a little bit....I bet he was grinning all day long.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:41 AM
tappit01
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i never got the pleasure of meeting or talking to robin as most of you had. so i would like to offer my condolence's to all of you that have posted on his behalf. i do know how it feels to lose a close friend. and i know just from reading his post, the man knew his stuff about our trucks. i always made it a point to read them, i knew i would learn a thing or two. god be with you all my brothers. r.i.p. robin
chris

Quick Reply: PaysonPSD.... Lost a brother today.