1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

off topic .... it sucks , gotta vent ...

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 04:48 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
off topic .... it sucks , gotta vent ...

welp as some know i have had a bad 2012 , peeps messing with my rides etc. . it got worse . my wife got hurt at work 3 times , and the company is not paying the bills , i have been paying over 1500 a month in medical bills for her cancer procedures as it is , and have been paying the bills her employer is responsible for , in order to save my credit rating , and she lost her job at the beginning of december . my 53's cab sits in body shop purgatory , unable to be finished , my bird is broken , and i had to park the 52 due to no heat in it , and i just can't afford the insurance on it now . hopefully this year gets better . i keep my cool about things 99% of the time , but damn i just can't imagine what else could feasibly go wrong .... the 53 is not gonna be done this summer as i thought it was going to be last summer , and as far as i can see it's gonna be sitting for quite awhile , and the 52 is in need of things , and the bird , and they are both just gonna have too sit . and even with what i make it just gets tighter and tighter . i'd like to know what the h@!! i did too **** off the powers that be .... so forgive me if i'm not the usual " chipper " smart a$$ or that open in regards to things fella's ........

Old 01-09-2013, 06:17 AM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 765 Likes on 375 Posts
Sorry to hear of all that trouble. Praying for you and your wife.
Dealing with medical bills is crazy. And knowing you can't get what you want accomplished on your vehicles is beyond frustrating.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:31 AM
bk53
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the difference between what is, and what ought to be just really sucks sometimes. Of the things you mentioned, two of them are what really matter, thats you and your wife.
I've never had to be that rock that folks cling to. For what its worth it sounds like you are doing a pretty good job, doing what can be done. I hope you guys find enough peace so your wife can heal.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:39 AM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Hey Kevin hang in there man. There is no magic ball...I keep looking for it...and I don't know where the heck the thing is!!!...all you can do is keep chipping away.
Close the garage door, grab your granddaughter helper and go get her an ice cream cone. It doesn't take me long to realize how short life is, when I stop and look at my family around me. I don't think about it much, but they all look up to me sooner or later. And that's because you always have the answer. Or something like that.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:56 AM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff and Nicolle
Hey Kevin hang in there man. There is no magic ball...I keep looking for it...and I don't know where the heck the thing is!!!...all you can do is keep chipping away.
Close the garage door, grab your granddaughter helper and go get her an ice cream cone. It doesn't take me long to realize how short life is, when I stop and look at my family around me. I don't think about it much, but they all look up to me sooner or later. And that's because you always have the answer. Or something like that.
I second that.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:05 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
we just keep grinning and pray something good happens .... Name:  grin.jpeg
Views: 365
Size:  10.7 KB

Old 01-09-2013, 08:42 AM
qmanconfused
Senior User
hey kevin...
i only know you ( and very little) on this site but, been there and done that. just when you think things couldn't get worse, they do. i only have my own cancer and family woes to reflect on and what i find is this......things DO get better...your luck will improve...things will turn for you. it just doesn't happen when you think its time. you must be strong and take it on your shoulders. even you will be amazed at how strong you really are.....i was!!!
quentin in syracuse

Old 01-09-2013, 09:06 AM
Project-55
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
From the little that I lnow about you from this site, I know this, that your a fighter and will overcome this Sh** Blip of life. Hang in there and take care of that lady of yours.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:48 AM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Hang in There, we are all here for you. Things will get better.

Josh

Old 01-09-2013, 09:56 AM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Kevin - I have enjoyed your comments in the past - this situation does suck. This may sound extreme but --Have you though about talking to a lawyer? If your wife got let go after an injury that is not right or legal-then to not paid the bills just compounds the matter. I owned a small company for 40+ years and that is one of the big no no's the legal guys always reminded us of when ever we let someone go-if they had had a work related injury in the past year or were still recovering from one that was even older we could not let them go. Talk to a lawyer that specializes in labor law - if you can't find one send me a PM and I will give you the firm we used to be sure we never made this error (they may not be able to help in Springfield but I am sure they would recommend a firm for you - The owner was a personal friend when we live there). They are in the western subs of Chicago. Goood luck and most of all we will pray for your wife's quick complete recovery. dave s

Old 01-09-2013, 04:03 PM
55 f350
Post Fiend
49 she has an attorney , and he's a competent labor lawyer , but first student is playing freaking games per normal . and guys i know y'all got my back that's the reason i vented , as keeping it to myself is driving me nuts ...... gotta have someone to yack at as talking to the wife about it just makes her feel kinda crappy .......... none of it is her doing , but it involves her for the most part so ...... so i feel a little better now and i'm not as grumpy so maybe i'll see if they'll take my jacket off and let me wander the halls awhile ...........Name:  nuts.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  4.2 KB

Old 01-09-2013, 04:14 PM
theodore/teddy
Refyred
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
^^What they all said! Just know there is a-lot of folks here pulling for you and the wife.
Stay strong.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:09 PM
kenjh
Posting Guru
wish I could take both of you out for a coffee and listen ...I understand the venting and better here then at the missus...she know's where you sleep !! ..take care ..if we can help ask ..it the only way we can know when or how to help ...

Old 01-09-2013, 07:12 PM
carnut122
Posting Guru
Sorry to hear that 2013 isn't starting out better than the year you left behind. I hope things start turning around for you and your family! Sometimes I wonder if I messed up in my last life and ended up here?

Old 01-09-2013, 10:54 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There just isn't a lot one can say to someone going through what you and your wife are right now. I hope it gets better soon for you. We have all had our share of times like this and can sympathize. Good luck and god bless!

Quick Reply: off topic .... it sucks , gotta vent ...