Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Fender Repair Panels?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 07:43 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
you guys are bringing up bad memories.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...pic-heavy.html

merry Christmas.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:34 PM
MaineFordLover93
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the imput guys decided im gonna get one last winter out of the body how it is and do a total restore of it in the spring new fenders and all. My first truck and my baby dont wanna see her die.Not too many of these generation Fords left up here in Maine. With the little bit of rust and dents from hard work it still turns more heads than most chevys up here!!

Old 12-24-2012, 08:44 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
yeah they are starting to thin out.sadly most of them have gone to the scrap yards now.
if you really keep your eye out for 'em you'll be surprised how many you'll actually count during the day still.but they are really growing thin.the ones that are left only a few of those look to be in fair shape still.most others worse off than mine was.pretty much all the super dutys now.they all just kinda blend in.i can't even tell a '99 from a '13 really just going down the road.im sure im not alone.a cleaned up 9th gen really makes people stop and look.

the body shop i went to fellow Mainer,was butler's auto body in hampden.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:08 PM
MaineFordLover93
New User
ya its a damn shame too one of ford's better looking years besides 70's style.They are really a good rugged truck despite the body.Quite a few of my buddies have chevys and i constantly give them **** when they are blowin trannys and rearends left and right.Typical Junk. Mine has seen its fair share of burnouts and mud and never had a problem!! Hope everyone has a good christmas!!

Old 12-25-2012, 09:29 AM
allis327
Tuned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some people like doing body work, good practice to work up to that special project in the garage and if it doesn't turn out oh well get a new fender.

Old 12-25-2012, 06:08 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 60 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by allis327
Some people like doing body work, good practice to work up to that special project in the garage and if it doesn't turn out oh well get a new fender.
The only way to "correctly" repair the fender would be to pull it off and weld in the patch. With that being done, just replace the dam thing

Old 12-25-2012, 06:22 PM
Puddy
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad
The only way to "correctly" repair the fender would be to pull it off and weld in the patch. With that being done, just replace the dam thing
X1000 right on Brad.

Old 12-25-2012, 07:34 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
you don't seem to understand a few things.
1.here in Maine,our income is pretty low compared to other places.
2.there are salvage yard hunting for these trucks.anything you find in a yard here will almost certainly be worse than your replacing.
3.oem fenders are VERY expensive.several hundred.
4.aftermarket fenders are of very poor quality.
5.finding some out of state and having them shipped is not easy,nor cheap either.

his question is very valid.

Old 12-25-2012, 07:49 PM
Puddy
FTE Chapter Leader
well, tell you what, i have a set of fenders that im willing to part with, just pay shipping, they have some soft spots but i can weld them up when i take them off, (have some new ones im preping for paint) or cut up the area in question. just post a pic, and im sure one of us have a spare set we can cut for him otherwise.

Old 12-25-2012, 07:49 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT
2.there are salvage yard hunting for these trucks.anything you find in a yard here will almost certainly be worse than your replacing.
5.finding some out of state and having them shipped is not easy,nor cheap either.

Aftermarket fenders fit JUST FINE and are SUPERIOR in any quality to a cabbage patched together OEM fender.

As for finding good used ones, YOU DID

Now if he was taking about patching together a Diesel rad support, I could totally see his point since they are OBSOLETE. But when you can buy a replacement fender for UNDER $100, that is just simple logic

Old 12-25-2012, 08:00 PM
Puddy
FTE Chapter Leader
here just looked at craigslist in your area.
95 Ford F-250 parts

Old 12-25-2012, 08:04 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
from my researching the aftermarket fenders are very thin and don't like to line up worth a crap.it was enough to steer me clear because a lot of people said the same thing all over different parts of the forum here.
i did yeah,but it took forever to find someone willing to ship them.it could be very likely he's not willing to pay what i did total for a couple used fenders.
my situation is a bit different.my truck makes money,and it has very low miles.id never pay half what i did i dont think for just an old fixer up commuter.
i think id be interested in doing just what he's thinking actually.patching 'em up.

Originally Posted by Puddy
95 Ford F-250 parts
wow! the one fender looks good!might be both right there.

Old 12-25-2012, 08:10 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by Puddy
95 Ford F-250 parts
Exactly my point.

And aftermarket part have come a LONG way in the past 10 years

Old 12-26-2012, 12:08 AM
IDIDieselJohn
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Aftermarket fenders fit JUST FINE and are SUPERIOR in any quality to a cabbage patched together OEM fender.

As for finding good used ones, YOU DID

Now if he was taking about patching together a Diesel rad support, I could totally see his point since they are OBSOLETE. But when you can buy a replacement fender for UNDER $100, that is just simple logic

I will agree, a cheap aftermarket fender, would probably be the way I'd go if I would be in an area where rust free parts are rare, (and even though i'm in the salt belt, it's actually still fairly common to find some nice rust free parts here, just gotta look hard) but be aware, the quality of those parts, are very very poor. The front clip on my 94 F150, is all aftermarket panels except for the hood. It's parts I saved off a truck I stripped down a while ago, and what the heck, put them to use... but nothing lines up like factory stuff, not all body lines line up correctly, drivers fender, is molded to tall at the front, thus sticking over the hood, now to be honest this is still alot better than having a rotted out piece of **** looking truck, but for something that is being restored or whatever, NEVER would I put aftermarket stuff on it, but just a DD, what the hell.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:21 PM
MaineFordLover93
New User
Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT

Yes,very hard to find rust free parts around here im also in college so don't have a ton of money was planning on getting this done when im done with school this spring when i get a good full time job.

Quick Reply: Front Fender Repair Panels?