Welcome to the chapter: Hogtrapper - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader:

Welcome to the chapter: Hogtrapper

Old 12-20-2012, 09:15 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
tojoski has a great reputation on FTE.tojoski has a great reputation on FTE.tojoski has a great reputation on FTE.tojoski has a great reputation on FTE.
Talking Welcome to the chapter: Hogtrapper

Everyone give a welcome to Hogtrapper

Welcome to the chapter, and Merry Christmas!

Old 12-21-2012, 05:43 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
zhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to all
Welcome to the funny farm

Sounds like he's driving a OBS 7.3L....'97 F250. Another diesel owner/driver in the chapter

Old 12-21-2012, 07:35 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
tojoski has a great reputation on FTE.tojoski has a great reputation on FTE.tojoski has a great reputation on FTE.tojoski has a great reputation on FTE.
I think he mentioned in the application that it was a 351m

Old 12-21-2012, 11:15 AM
mechmagcn
Diesel Junky
mechmagcn has a great reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a great reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a great reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a great reputation on FTE.
Welcome to the assylum, come on in, the patients don't bite, at least I dont anyway

Old 12-22-2012, 08:15 PM
cookie88
cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.
Welcome!...

Old 01-02-2013, 08:02 PM
Hogtrapper
Senior User
Hogtrapper is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thank You all for the welcome. I drive an '85 F250 4x4 4 speed manual and have recently discovered it has a 351W with a very screwy ignition system. I am planning to find me a 94 or newer 5.8 to rebuild and equip it with a DS II distributor and module with the blue grommet where the wires come out of the module. I apologize for taking so long to post here, I had to have double bypass surgery on the 21st so I have been a little under the weather LOL. I appreciate all the advice I can get and will be glad to share what little I know.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:50 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
zhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to all
Originally Posted by tojoski View Post
I think he mentioned in the application that it was a 351m
Hmm, thought I saw where he was in a thread talking about glow plugs for a 7.3L...want to say 1st generation PSD, but I don't remember exactly.
Originally Posted by Hogtrapper View Post
I apologize for taking so long to post here, I had to have double bypass surgery on the 21st so I have been a little under the weather LOL. I appreciate all the advice I can get and will be glad to share what little I know.
Hope you feel better soon. Where in the state do you call home?

Old 01-06-2013, 05:32 PM
Hogtrapper
Senior User
Hogtrapper is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thank you zhilton, it'll take me a little while but i am on the mend. Yes I was in the general diesel forum asking about glow plug on a 7.3 that my son owns. We finally figured out the problem was his dirty half melted cable ends. We fixed them and that fixed his problems. I call Texarkana home and have for 54 years now. There are some really great people on here and I appreciate the welcome.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:01 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Sound like he's down in your neck of the woods Jeff. And he doesn't drive one of those bless-ed PowerStrokes.
Originally Posted by Hogtrapper View Post
Thank you zhilton, it'll take me a little while but i am on the mend. Yes I was in the general diesel forum asking about glow plug on a 7.3 that my son owns. We finally figured out the problem was his dirty half melted cable ends. We fixed them and that fixed his problems. I call Texarkana home and have for 54 years now. There are some really great people on here and I appreciate the welcome.
That makes me feel better, I was almost sure I saw you were looking for information about 7.3L glow plugs. Between them, good batteries and cables...they're a must for starting a diesel engine. I've got a buddy that lives on the north end of Texarkana (Cross Lake?)...who's quick to point out that he lives in Texas. Dang posties I tell ya'.

There was a guy that joined the group about this time last year, that was from Fouke...but I can't remember his screen name.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:31 AM
mechmagcn
Diesel Junky
mechmagcn has a great reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a great reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a great reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by zhilton View Post
And he doesn't drive one of those bless-ed PowerStrokes.
Yeah, but he does drive one of those gassers Not sure which one is worse