1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Meet Earl's Brazilian Cousin

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 05:24 PM
Lobo 2
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everybody,

I know there might be some people who are not very happy with me after Earl’s Brazilian Cousins episode, but…

I’ve got a couple pictures in my gallery for those of you who might be interested.
There you’ll see a Brazilian y-block and a Brazilian F100. I hope you enjoy the pictures…

George, I present you one of Earl’s Brazilian Cousins.

Sorry to bother you all with this subject again…

Lobo

Old 05-16-2003, 05:35 PM
himmelberg
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lobo!... you couldn't be more wrong, my friend.... everyone on this board is very happy to have you! We may argue, we may disagree, we may cry and we will always laugh. We are always interested in things we dont know about... such as, Brazilian F-100s. You see, you have what it takes to keep us informed, entertained and amused. You are one of us. FTEers. We want to see trucks from Belgium, Germany and Brazil... and anywhere else the things pop up. Keep those pics coming. Best. Himmelberg

Old 05-16-2003, 06:01 PM
Kenny
Cargo Master

Hi Lobo,

Am I missing something?.........

I thought it was a great thread, and that you provided some excellent info!
In fact, I posted a link to that thread over on the '67-'72 forum. They thought it was a great thread too, and they were very interested in that 1991 which looks like a '67-'72.

I'm definately interested in knowing more about these trucks. Thanks for sharing your info, and Please keep it coming!

P.S. .....If you get a chance to visit the '67-'72 forum, the guys over there had some cool questions that maybe you can answer. They wanted to know what engines came in these trucks?, do they have disc brakes?, etc.

Cool pictures!

Last edited by Kenny; 05-16-2003 at 06:12 PM.
Old 05-16-2003, 06:22 PM
Lobo 2
Senior User

Himmelberg, Kenny, your words made me feel a lot better. I’m still wondering why did I think some people could be upset with me. I guess I need to work on the truck more often.

You know, I couldn’t be happier here.
I’ve been browsing trough these forums for quite a while now… I think I began to look around here, late 1998… These forums have helped me quite a bit. I never had to ask a question until April 2003. All the questions I had, had been already answered somewhere in here. That’s why it took me so long to show up.
Now, it’s my turn to try to help. I don’t know that much about trucks, my English is not perfect, I’m no expert, but I’ll try to help as much as I possibly can.

Best regards and thanks,
Lobo

Old 05-16-2003, 07:56 PM
Lobo 2
Senior User

By the way… Some useless off topic info…
Kenny, I saw something last Saturday that I believe you know very well.
I saw an old Coldspot refrigerator, and, I was surprised to know that it was still in use!
It actually does remind you of the ‘57~’59 F100s.

Regards,
Lobo

Old 05-16-2003, 08:17 PM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 332 Likes on 256 Posts

Lobo, that's just an awesome pickup! Thanks for showing us - the 61-66 guys would just be confused - lol

I'm curious too, as to which years had model changes and how they differ from us/canada production. Any of those details would be appreciated.

Old 05-16-2003, 08:50 PM
41Clay
Elder User

So them emblems were green and yellow for Brazilian trucks. When I was smaller I put together a model of a '56 that had instructions to paint the emblems those same colors. Interesting.

I enjoy hearing about all the "worthless" information about these old trucks so I love threads like those.

Clayton

Old 05-16-2003, 09:05 PM
Lobo 2
Senior User

Clayton, about the emblem colors, that’s what I’ve always been told, and in fact, it makes sense because the "Brazilian colors" are yellow and green.
It’s not uncommon to see trucks with the red emblem here. People paint them that way, so they’ll look like the US model…
And, I also enjoy finding out about these details, that not many people know, and surprising them…

Lobo

Old 05-17-2003, 05:22 AM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe Lobo 2 can help us wih some translation from this site.
http://www.classicosford.com.br/font...e_timeline.asp
I can understand just enough of this to get myself in deep trouble, as if thats something new around here!

Old 05-17-2003, 07:04 AM
Lobo 2
Senior User

I could try to translate it...

That website, basically explain the evolution of the cars here in Brazil, specially Ford cars.
It also shows all the cars that came to Brazil, and when. It shows the first truck Ford actually made here. From that point on, it shows all Ford cars made here (except for the Mustang)...

Tell me what you want to be translated, and I'll try to do it.

Regards,
Lobo

Old 05-17-2003, 06:21 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WARNING WARNING

Stay away from the "Banco" link!

I think I just applied for a loan or something.

Hey Lobo, do you still use the Cruzeiro? I have two - 10 Cruzeiro, one - 5 Cruzeiro, and three - 1 Cruzeiro Bills all from the mid 70's

Am I rich?

Old 05-17-2003, 06:32 PM
Lobo 2
Senior User

Cruzeiro?! I haven't heard that word in years!
The cruzeiro hasn't been around for a long time now...
In 1994 the currency changed. Now we use the Real.

Your bills may be worth something as a collectors item. They are not that easy to find anymore...

Regards,
Lobo

Old 05-17-2003, 07:03 PM
Kenny
Cargo Master

Hi Lobo,

Lol, was that "Coldspot" refridgerator spotted in Brazil? It may have been newer than first appeared!

Kidding aside, I too think it would be really cool to know what years the body styles changed in Brazil. Thanks again for all the great info!

Well, I'm off to see what's in my fridge .......(besides a 292)

Old 05-17-2003, 07:16 PM
Earl
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Absolutely priceless! Lobo, don't ever hesitate to put info like this in our hands! It really gives me some perspective on just how widespread these vehicles actually were. I always think of them out of context - you know, an antique that nobody ever used. The fact that Brazil thought they should be manufactured for domestic use makes it very clear that these were very widely used tools that saw a lot of hard work every day.

You won't believe this but as my son and I were wandering around the flea market area at PF I saw an F-100 hood side emblem that had some green paint where I thought it should have been red! I was sort of looking for a few of those type items since I'll need them sooner or later. This particular one was in pretty bad shape but there definitely was no red paint on it and there definitely was some green. Maybe an immigrant?

Old 05-17-2003, 07:43 PM
Lobo 2
Senior User

Yes, Kenny.
I spotted the "Coldspot" here in Brazil. I was working with one of my cars, and I was in need of a chain to lift the motor out. I couldn’t find one at the ranch, so I drove to my friend’s farm that is close to where I was, and asked him if he had a chain that I could borrow. He told me to get the keys to the barn in his office, and get the chain. When I went into his office, there it was… The old "Coldspot"!

George, funny things happens to us sometimes… Just like the Coldspot I told Kenny. I never thought I’d see one of those. About the green paint on the emblem, I think it could be an immigrant… Who knows? Another thing that was widely used and is not that hard to find in good shape, is the Ford 8N tractor. I bought one with a friend about a week ago. It’s a 1948, and it’s in running condition… We paid $150 for it. It’s our next restoration project… It’s going to be useful to pull cars and trucks with no engine. By the way, are you aware of the "Ford’s 100 years party" in Detroit? If you go, keep an eye out for a Beige 1952 Ford sedan. The owner and his Ford left Brazil on April 4th. He’s going to drive it all the way to Detroit. He said it should take him 90 days to get there. He’s on his way right now… His name is Diogenes…

Regards,
Lobo

Quick Reply: Meet Earl's Brazilian Cousin