6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2024, 02:24 AM
Euroman
Senior User
Received 417 Likes on 134 Posts
We have a few domestic geese, just for the eggs and early warning, and have lost one recently to a fox, glad we don’t have coyotes over here or we’d need to keep them caged.

The following 3 users liked this post by Euroman:
Old 05-24-2024, 12:44 PM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Received 4,368 Likes on 1,332 Posts
Howdy all. Up just after daybreak and out in the "snipers nest". No coyotes and the geese haven't returned yet. Did eliminate a few Sage Rats with the .17HMR. Some of the Sage Rats are really stupid and stand out like a periscope and make good stationary targets. I do have a couple of dancers that are giving me a headache. They are really making me think they went to a school taught by the Gopher from Caddy Shack. Smartass little buggers are going to be quite the challenge. Not quite ready to go to the explosives yet....

The following 5 users liked this post by Seabiscuit-P3:
Old 05-24-2024, 01:46 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 7,150 Likes on 2,857 Posts
Tannerite could be fun, if a bit loud.

The following 4 users liked this post by HRTKD:
Old 05-24-2024, 05:49 PM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Howdy all. Coyote showed up on our #2 gate at 1130 about 1/2 mile from the pond. The pole missing off of the fence in the background was knocked off a few nights ago by the elk. Silly Elk. Immediately to the left of the picture is an open 12-foot gate onto the neighbor's forested area that only gets closed when the neighbors are in Arizona. This camera got a picture of them jumping it and one almost jumping it.

Warden yelled at me around 1150 saying a coyote was headed down toward the irrigation pump house and the pond where ‘our’ honkers normally hang out.

I grabbed the rifle and slipped out on the upstairs deck. He stood on the hill by the pump house for a bit looking the pond over and where the geese normally are. The geese haven’t returned yet, so apparently not seeing a lunch opportunity, he turned around and started back up the hill. As soon as he cleared the pump house, he became buzzard bate out by the property line pond on the Forest property side of the line.

Originally Posted by HRTKD
Tannerite could be fun, if a bit loud.
Their hole is pretty close to the house and the windows. And, I have plenty of black powder from F to FFFF along with Pyrodex and Tripple Seven.

The following 4 users liked this post by Seabiscuit-P3:
Old 05-24-2024, 06:36 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,992 Likes on 1,206 Posts
Going home for days off, San Luis Obispo airport and sky harbor airport we're both insanely crowded.
now on I 17 in the shuttle van going about 10 to 20 mph, Google maps shows about 40 miles of this.
my day stared 13 and 1/2 hours ago, only 3 hours to go!

The following 7 users liked this post by helifixer:
BowtieConvert, Desert Don, Jigger2020, Sailor Roy, SavageNFS, Seabiscuit-P3, Tim Young and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-24-2024, 07:09 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Originally Posted by Seabiscuit-P3
Howdy all. Coyote showed up on our #2 gate at 1130 about 1/2 mile from the pond. The pole missing off of the fence in the background was knocked off a few nights ago by the elk. Silly Elk. Immediately to the left of the picture is an open 12-foot gate onto the neighbor's forested area that only gets closed when the neighbors are in Arizona. This camera got a picture of them jumping it and one almost jumping it.

Warden yelled at me around 1150 saying a coyote was headed down toward the irrigation pump house and the pond where ‘our’ honkers normally hang out.

I grabbed the rifle and slipped out on the upstairs deck. He stood on the hill by the pump house for a bit looking the pond over and where the geese normally are. The geese haven’t returned yet, so apparently not seeing a lunch opportunity, he turned around and started back up the hill. As soon as he cleared the pump house, he became buzzard bate out by the property line pond on the Forest property side of the line.
Wile E. Coyote forgot to put on his Acme Bulletproof Vest this morning. That'll teach him!

The following 7 users liked this post by HRTKD:
Chad149, Desert Don, Jigger2020, Sailor Roy, SavageNFS, Seabiscuit-P3, Tim Young and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-25-2024, 12:35 PM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Howdy all. Getting ready to head to the Valley. Meeting up with some other relatives tomorrow and Monday to decorate graves. I'm also on the Board of Directors for the Bethel Pioneer Cemetary and we have our annual "Big" membership meeting on Monday. I've thought for years it's been mostly a reunion and a gab fest more than a meeting, but the Secretary does read the minutes out of the original book from the meetings of 100, 75, 50 and 25 years ago.
Why hold the meeting on Memorial Day?
Well, I probably have my GGG Grandfather, his brother (Civil War Veterans) and most of his buddies to thank for that. As the lore goes, sometime after unloading the covered wagons they decided a cemetery for people who lived in the area was needed. They got together and thought this was necessary to provide an open place to visit departed friends and relatives as opposed to the myriads of family plots on private property. They also needed someplace to bury "hired hands" that some folks didn't want in the family plots. So, one of the farmers and ranchers donated a small plot of land where a couple of people had already been buried in 1848, and the "official" cemetery was started. The rule was that in order to be buried there, you had to live within 10 miles or have a relative already interned there. A rule we still have today. In 1928 my GG Grandfather and several others formed the Bethel Cemetery Association and registered it with the State of Oregon. Since they were mostly all founding members, Trustee's and Board Members of the Bethel College, they held the meetings in the School. The college had turned into a 1rst thru 12th grade school and now is rented out to a Church, but we still hold the annual cemetery meeting in the same building.
As an interesting side note, Some of the old original student desks had been stored in the basement and some were still being used for Sunday School. I had located two particular desks that had granddad, grandma, mother and her sisters initials carved in them. I talked to one of the Trustees (yep, Board of Trustee's has survived the century) who was also a Cemetery Association member. Last year she called me and said they were letting the old desks go "for a donation" as a way to raise money to replace the roof on the old school. I now have two of the desks with all the initials and names carved in them. There were a couple of more that I was interested in but they had been "vandalized" to a lesser degree by relatives and the Warden was telling me we had no room for 12 to 15 desks.

Anyway, as rumor has it, a Civil War General that a couple of the Civil War Vets knew or served under or some such thing, declared May 30th as "Decoration Day". The farmers and ranchers and the few Civil War Vets all got together to decorate graves, and as a letter I have that one of my GG Grandmothers later wrote, "The men would roast a cow and act like a bunch of drunken old fools." So, apparently, they started having the meeting on Decoration Day, which was the one day everyone got together decorated the graves and partied. What I do know for fact is that I have 3 GGG grandfathers and descendent grandfathers right down to my mother and father buried in that cemetery.

The following 9 users liked this post by Seabiscuit-P3:
BowtieConvert, Chad149, Desert Don, helifixer, Jigger2020, Sailor Roy, SavageNFS, ShelbyHauler, Tim Young and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-25-2024, 01:41 PM
EDC8008
Fleet Mechanic
Received 396 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Seabiscuit-P3
Howdy all. Getting ready to head to the Valley. Meeting up with some other relatives tomorrow and Monday to decorate graves. I'm also on the Board of Directors for the Bethel Pioneer Cemetary and we have our annual "Big" membership meeting on Monday. I've thought for years it's been mostly a reunion and a gab fest more than a meeting, but the Secretary does read the minutes out of the original book from the meetings of 100, 75, 50 and 25 years ago.
Why hold the meeting on Memorial Day?
Well, I probably have my GGG Grandfather, his brother (Civil War Veterans) and most of his buddies to thank for that. As the lore goes, sometime after unloading the covered wagons they decided a cemetery for people who lived in the area was needed. They got together and thought this was necessary to provide an open place to visit departed friends and relatives as opposed to the myriads of family plots on private property. They also needed someplace to bury "hired hands" that some folks didn't want in the family plots. So, one of the farmers and ranchers donated a small plot of land where a couple of people had already been buried in 1848, and the "official" cemetery was started. The rule was that in order to be buried there, you had to live within 10 miles or have a relative already interned there. A rule we still have today. In 1928 my GG Grandfather and several others formed the Bethel Cemetery Association and registered it with the State of Oregon. Since they were mostly all founding members, Trustee's and Board Members of the Bethel College, they held the meetings in the School. The college had turned into a 1rst thru 12th grade school and now is rented out to a Church, but we still hold the annual cemetery meeting in the same building.
As an interesting side note, Some of the old original student desks had been stored in the basement and some were still being used for Sunday School. I had located two particular desks that had granddad, grandma, mother and her sisters initials carved in them. I talked to one of the Trustees (yep, Board of Trustee's has survived the century) who was also a Cemetery Association member. Last year she called me and said they were letting the old desks go "for a donation" as a way to raise money to replace the roof on the old school. I now have two of the desks with all the initials and names carved in them. There were a couple of more that I was interested in but they had been "vandalized" to a lesser degree by relatives and the Warden was telling me we had no room for 12 to 15 desks.

Anyway, as rumor has it, a Civil War General that a couple of the Civil War Vets knew or served under or some such thing, declared May 30th as "Decoration Day". The farmers and ranchers and the few Civil War Vets all got together to decorate graves, and as a letter I have that one of my GG Grandmothers later wrote, "The men would roast a cow and act like a bunch of drunken old fools." So, apparently, they started having the meeting on Decoration Day, which was the one day everyone got together decorated the graves and partied. What I do know for fact is that I have 3 GGG grandfathers and descendent grandfathers right down to my mother and father buried in that cemetery.

I love old family history like that!

We still have a family cemetery south of Booneville Arkansas up in the Ouachita mountains in Sugar Grove. Got a great uncle buried there who had an old whisky barrel for a headstone, it's just the rings now and one who had a mason jar full of water from the Jack Creek down the hill. Several old IOF headstones as the family has been logging up in those hills forever.

Family has stories of one of them was part of the underground railroad back in the Civil War but never have heard which one of the cousin's it actually was

The following 8 users liked this post by EDC8008:
BowtieConvert, Desert Don, helifixer, Jigger2020, Sailor Roy, SavageNFS, Seabiscuit-P3, Tim Young and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-25-2024, 02:19 PM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 3,961 Likes on 1,575 Posts
Jim, That is a cool story, thank you for sharing!

Thanks for the Story Eric.

The following 6 users liked this post by Tim Young:
BowtieConvert, Desert Don, helifixer, Jigger2020, Sailor Roy, Seabiscuit-P3 and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-26-2024, 09:18 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,190 Likes on 1,662 Posts
Howdy Patriots....

Woke up to a sunny morning with a 15 - 20 mph breeze. 44°F that is forecast to rise to a searing 62°F. Already up to 50°F.

Great stories and photos .... Thanks guys.

Theresa's new bedroom is 100% finished..... Now she needs to get organized enough to start moving into her new palace.
It's going to take a front-end loader and fire hose to clean out of her present dump.

I'll be getting some yard work done after church service this morning. Then I have a Home Depot shift 1530 - 2030.

I still have work to complete on the Montana 5th wheel now that the weather is warm.

Time to get ready for church.....
All ye fine folks have fun today and pay a visit to your local church.....

The following 6 users liked this post by Sailor Roy:
BowtieConvert, Desert Don, djousma, Jigger2020, SavageNFS, Seabiscuit-P3 and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-26-2024, 03:05 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
I went with my mom to visit my grandparent's grave (60 miles from me). I extracted an old and dead rose bush that mom couldn't get out. The Dewalt reciprocating saw required two batteries to get the bush out. It was very stubborn. We then planted marigolds and petunias. I got a tour of the cemetery where more of my ancestors are buried, many of whom I never knew. Mom was happy that I went and that's what mattered. I do miss my grandparents, they were good, decent, hard working people. They struggled through the depression, having to abandon the farms they had in Kansas.

As a Data Scientist, cemeteries are depressing. All those people with stories that will have been forgotten in a few years, if not already lost. To see some grave sites well maintained with real flowers and other sites that are poorly maintained with nothing but the stone is sad.

The following 7 users liked this post by HRTKD:
BowtieConvert, Desert Don, helifixer, Jigger2020, Sailor Roy, SavageNFS, Seabiscuit-P3 and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-26-2024, 03:33 PM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 3,961 Likes on 1,575 Posts
Your right Jim, I wish I would have asked more questions written down or even recorded stories from my day 5 or 10 years before he died. The last 6 month maybe even longer it seems like you had to ask all the questions about his childhood and army days. He just wasn't forth coming with information.

The following 7 users liked this post by Tim Young:
BowtieConvert, Desert Don, helifixer, Jigger2020, Sailor Roy, SavageNFS, Seabiscuit-P3 and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-26-2024, 03:51 PM
Euroman
Senior User
Received 417 Likes on 134 Posts
That’s always the case. The young are looking forward, not back, and I was just the same. My grandfather and great uncle both fought in the Great War but I never asked them about it.
What’s worse is that my grandparents and father wanted to be cremated and there is no grave. The last one on my father’s side is from his grandfather, which I visit every few years.

The following 8 users liked this post by Euroman:
BowtieConvert, Desert Don, helifixer, Jigger2020, Sailor Roy, SavageNFS, Seabiscuit-P3, Tim Young and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-27-2024, 07:06 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,383 Likes on 1,736 Posts
Agreed guys, there are so many more questions I wish I could ask,
the graveyard is full of history that won't be shared ..............

anyway, have a good day truckers

The following 7 users liked this post by Jigger2020:
BowtieConvert, Desert Don, helifixer, Sailor Roy, SavageNFS, Seabiscuit-P3, Tim Young and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-27-2024, 07:37 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,190 Likes on 1,662 Posts
Salute to those who gave their lives for our country.

The following 8 users liked this post by Sailor Roy:
BowtieConvert, Chad149, Desert Don, helifixer, Jigger2020, SavageNFS, Seabiscuit-P3, Tim Young and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most