6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2024, 08:07 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,342 Likes on 1,727 Posts
Ok thx Bart, nice score.

The following 2 users liked this post by Jigger2020:
Old 02-12-2024, 08:23 AM
darren32
Lead Driver

Received 835 Likes on 156 Posts
Howdy guys!

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Great pics!!

Bart, the carport looks great!

Snow conditions were better than expected. Not great but good enough .. at this point in the season we will take what we can get.

The boy made a short vide for you Andre

The following 10 users liked this post by darren32:
Old 02-12-2024, 08:45 AM
BowtieConvert
Lead Driver
Received 2,651 Likes on 850 Posts
* Eric, good job on the solar. That’ll be a really nice addition.
* Andre, that sounds like something I would do. I have been known to make multiple trips to Lowe’s or HD just to take back the wrong stuff and get the right stuff. Maybe…
* Darren, nice video. There were a lot of people out riding snowmobiles along our route yesterday. There were a lot of people out snowshoeing and cross country skiing too.
* Getting ready to head down to the famous Hampton Inn breakfast bar to fuel up for the trip. We stay at Hilton brand hotels since that are dog friendly. Mostly Hampton Inn & Home2 Suites. Cashed in 3 free nights on this trip. Figured it cost us a couple grand or more to “earn” those. Overall we haven’t had a bad experience. I always scope them out on satellite and street view to make sure they aren’t in the ghetto. So far, so good..
* Hope you ‘uns have a great day. Off to burn some more fossil fuel!

The following 6 users liked this post by BowtieConvert:
Desert Don, helifixer, Jigger2020, Sailor Roy, SavageNFS, Tim Young and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-12-2024, 08:50 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,551 Likes on 2,319 Posts
Eric, good work and I don't blame you on getting a piece of equipment. Good idea!

Darren, I watched the video yesterday! He's quite the rider now! Very exciting!

The following 6 users liked this post by SavageNFS:
BowtieConvert, Desert Don, helifixer, Jigger2020, Sailor Roy, Tim Young and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-12-2024, 09:15 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 7,046 Likes on 2,834 Posts
Andre, I think that fan is giving you the middle finger for all the mud you get into. While I realize that isn't the fan for the radiator, I do take the time to clean the radiator when I think about it. On the Ranger forum there was a hack to turn off the electric fan for the radiator so that it didn't get damaged when the vehicle was in deep water or maybe mud.

The following 7 users liked this post by HRTKD:
BowtieConvert, Desert Don, helifixer, Jigger2020, Sailor Roy, SavageNFS, Tim Young and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-12-2024, 09:30 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Jim, I'm pretty sure it's giving me a double flip off! I just want to make certain the replacement fan will fit! My wife's obsession with the mud has cost us some major dollars this year.

The following 7 users liked this post by SavageNFS:
BowtieConvert, Desert Don, helifixer, Jigger2020, Sailor Roy, Seabiscuit-P3, Tim Young and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-12-2024, 09:43 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 7,046 Likes on 2,834 Posts
Originally Posted by SavageNFS
Jim, I'm pretty sure it's giving me a double flip off! I just want to make certain the replacement fan will fit! My wife's obsession with the mud has cost us some major dollars this year.
Sure, blame your wife. I'm going to verify that when we eventually get together.

The following 7 users liked this post by HRTKD:
Desert Don, helifixer, Jigger2020, Sailor Roy, SavageNFS, Seabiscuit-P3, Tim Young and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-12-2024, 10:00 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Update and a good one at that. I spoke to S&B filters and told them what was going on. They said they replaced the unit on or RZR due to excessive dust blow by and overall poor performance. They are shipping me a new one that supposedly works much better! I just need to ship the old one back once I get it. S&B is standing behind their product that has been in service for over 4 years and had the snow beat out of it.

BowtieConvert, Desert Don, helifixer, Jigger2020, Sailor Roy, Seabiscuit-P3 and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-12-2024, 10:10 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,759 Likes on 1,686 Posts
Good deal for you Andre.
Well, I decided that since I already have the new wheel bearings for the front I will go ahead and replace them too. In light of that project, I went ahead and ordered new axles for the front to install as long as I am there anyway. And since mine is the Trail and Rock Edition it has to have the “Extreme Duty” axles…..not the plain “Heavy Duty”; only $50 bucks per axle more!! Likely just a fancier sticker or something! Oh well, as it is said……….if ya wanna play, ya gotta pay!!!

Great pics, videos and stories guys. Have a fine day!

The following 4 users liked this post by Desert Don:
Old 02-12-2024, 10:41 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Originally Posted by HRTKD
Sure, blame your wife. I'm going to verify that when we eventually get together.
Steve can attest...it's 100% her fault. We will ride together!

BowtieConvert, Desert Don, helifixer, Jigger2020, Sailor Roy, Seabiscuit-P3 and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-12-2024, 11:58 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,179 Likes on 1,656 Posts
Good morning guys and Happy Monday!

Congrats to the Chief's Nation! It was a pretty good game to watch from my perspective. I didn't care who won and both teams played really well. It was worth watching.

I spent part of the day in the shop Saturday working on the RZR. I changed the oil/filter. I drained the catch can and cleaned the filter. I changed the air filter. I focused on the particle separator after that. I tested to see if there was power going to it and there was...so that meant something was going on with the fan. I took it all apart. Fan doesn't turn on. Sealed fan with no way to really fix it. It's a throw away and replace kind of fan.

So I ordered a replacement fan with a different part number than mine thinking it should work. Then I asked myself why I thought it would work. It has a different part number? I guess I'll call S&B this morning.
The fan can be serviced.......
The trick I learned in the early 70's in the Navy; Get a small syringe and needle. (Diabetic syringe & needle) Put some high quality very light grade oil in the Syringe. (Automatic transmission fluid)..... In the center of the fan, under the paper/foil seal is a rubber seal for the ball bearings. Push the needle through the rubber and inject some of the oil. you'll be putting oil right in the ball bearing. Spin the fan and it should loosen up, add more oil if need be.

In many pieces of electronic equipment there would be these fans. The Main-Frame computers had a million of them. We would do this to revive a fan. We also tried to prevent problems by doing this on a scheduled maintenance routine.

The following 6 users liked this post by Sailor Roy:
BowtieConvert, Desert Don, helifixer, Jigger2020, SavageNFS, Seabiscuit-P3 and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-12-2024, 12:05 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Sailor Roy
The fan can be serviced.......
The trick I learned in the early 70's in the Navy; Get a small syringe and needle. (Diabetic syringe & needle) Put some high quality very light grade oil in the Syringe. (Automatic transmission fluid)..... In the center of the fan, under the paper/foil seal is a rubber seal for the ball bearings. Push the needle through the rubber and inject some of the oil. you'll be putting oil right in the ball bearing. Spin the fan and it should loosen up, add more oil if need be.

In many pieces of electronic equipment there would be these fans. The Main-Frame computers had a million of them. We would do this to revive a fan. We also tried to prevent problems by doing this on a scheduled maintenance routine.
That the thing Roy, the fan itself spins perfectly. The bearing was "sealed" under two stickers that were stronger than anything that got in there. The inside looks new and spins freely. The fan motor itself is dead. There is absolutely not life in there at all.

The following 4 users liked this post by SavageNFS:
Old 02-12-2024, 12:08 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Make her a mud pie for her Birthday.....

The following 4 users liked this post by Sailor Roy:
Old 02-12-2024, 12:09 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Sailor Roy
Make her a mud pie for her Birthday.....
I might just do that! That's a great idea!

The following 5 users liked this post by SavageNFS:
Old 02-12-2024, 12:13 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

That the thing Roy, the fan itself spins perfectly. The bearing was "sealed" under two stickers that were stronger than anything that got in there. The inside looks new and spins freely. The fan motor itself is dead. There is absolutely not life in there at all.
Did you hold a funeral for it ??

The following 3 users liked this post by Sailor Roy:

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most