6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2022, 09:04 AM
BowtieConvert
Lead Driver
Received 2,651 Likes on 850 Posts
* Well 1 Pagers, yesterday started out pretty good but it turned to s#!+ in the afternoon. Delivered in Brunswick, stop #1, got fuel & headed for Jesup. About 40 miles up US 341. I put the standard $150.00 credit card limit in it. About 27 gallons. The front tank is really aggravating to pump fuel into so we leave the truck on & pump into the back tank & it pumps it to the front one. Been doing it since it was new. Anyway, about 10 miles after the fuel stop the gas gauge drops to "E" & the light comes on. I figure it's another pesky sensor gone bad & we'll get it fixed later. So I go to Jesup & then on to Savannah. Get done in Sav about 3:15 & head back to Jax. About 90 miles later as I'm on I-95 crossing the Nassau/Duval County line the truck starts dying. I'm in the center lane, cruise on 78, & I have to cross the other 2 lanes to get to the shoulder. Fortunately I had the opening & I'm able to hit the shoulder & get about 1/2 way off the pavement for good measure. I have a pretty good idea what's going on because it's happened before. I turn the key on & get out and try to listen for the clicking sound of the fuel pump in the rear tank but it's bat-s out there on the highway & can's hear anything. I try to pump it up from the fuel pump but no dice. I call Love's road service to bring me some fuel since I was about 5 miles away from their location. Meanwhile I'm stuck on the side of I-95, a/k/a "The Corridor of Death" for the copious amount of carnage that takes place on that wide, flat, straight, & open stretch of Interstate that runs along the east coast of Florida. I was also engaged in what seemed to be a battle to the death with the local yellow fly population. I got a good aerobic workout trying to keep those bass turds at bay. About 2 hours later the guy from Love's shows up & we pump 20 gallons of fuel into the front tank, pump it up, bleed some air, & it fires up. Thank God!!! That was $280, including the 20 gals of diesel. Bottom line: I got home after 9 last night.
* New truck saga: Guy sends over the window sticker & the proposal. MSRP &63k. Proposed selling price $84k. WTF, dude? This includes the bed, which is probably $7500 +/-. that leaves a "market adjustment" of over $10k. F U buddy. I'll keep fixing this Chevy just for general principles.
* Don & Bart, glad you guys are on the mend. Good news. Now we plan for "The Ride!"
* Andre, glad your ride along went well. Have a good rest of the week. Now you can take that tie off & kick back!
* Not political, but, man, what a effed up deal that was in Texas. Friggin' psychopath kills little kids.. What is this world coming to? Don't try to answer that or we'll get this thread locked down. Prayers to those folks!
* S-Don, Jekyll Island is nice. Don't know if you went over to St. Simons Island, close by to Jekyll, but that's where the "upper crust" live. I dis a jobsite delivery for a customer to PGA golfer Zack Thomas' house. It was pretty nice. There's a lot of high $$ properties in that area.
* Jim, hope the Warden is progressing nicely in her recovery. Thoughts & prayers continue.
* Jon, sounds like a fun trip. Can't wait to see the photos.
* Allright Gents, Chevy's in the shop, the 550 is hooked up to the 40'er & loaded, and I'm about to GTFOD. 2 stops in Ga. Valdosta & Moultrie.. Catch you 'uns in the AM.

The following 4 users liked this post by BowtieConvert:
Old 05-26-2022, 09:56 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,551 Likes on 2,319 Posts
I'm really sorry you had a rough day Steve. Glad you didn't get hit by traffic or eaten by yellow flies!

Old 05-26-2022, 05:28 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,342 Likes on 1,727 Posts
The following 5 users liked this post by Jigger2020:
Old 05-26-2022, 11:42 PM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Received 4,295 Likes on 1,318 Posts
Howdy all. Day 21 and we checked out of the Hospital and moved home. Warden wasn't impressed when I told her I had the RV space until the 31st.
Lots going on and wow, the grass sure grew in the last 21 days. Not sure the lawnmower will handle the back yard. May be easier to run out to the farm and bring some of my sister's goats in for a couple of days.
Warden is doing Okay. It's going to be a long road to hoe. Not bouncing back as quickly as she did 15 years ago, and the aphasia is still a problem. We'll get there.

The following 7 users liked this post by Seabiscuit-P3:
ExxWhy, HRTKD, Jigger2020, my_crib_too, Sailor Roy, SavageNFS, Tim Young and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-27-2022, 12:26 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 7,046 Likes on 2,834 Posts
Originally Posted by Seabiscuit-P3
Howdy all. Day 21 and we checked out of the Hospital and moved home. Warden wasn't impressed when I told her I had the RV space until the 31st.
Lots going on and wow, the grass sure grew in the last 21 days. Not sure the lawnmower will handle the back yard. May be easier to run out to the farm and bring some of my sister's goats in for a couple of days.
Warden is doing Okay. It's going to be a long road to hoe. Not bouncing back as quickly as she did 15 years ago, and the aphasia is still a problem. We'll get there.
Good deal Jim. Hopefully the Warden will be back in hiking shape in no time.

The following users liked this post:
Old 05-27-2022, 06:34 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Happy Friday!

Jim, I'm happy to hear that the Warden has been released! I hope the road to recovery is steady progress and she is back to hiking and enjoying life as quickly as she is able to!

No word on the camper, but the shop is full of mods for it. I seriously starting to think it will take the rest of the season to get everything installed, lol.

The following 5 users liked this post by SavageNFS:
Old 05-27-2022, 08:02 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,342 Likes on 1,727 Posts
Jim, glad to hear the bride is home, prayers and good luck.

Andre, have fun with all the 'goodies' for the camper.

have a safe day truckers

The following 5 users liked this post by Jigger2020:
Old 05-27-2022, 09:35 AM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 3,902 Likes on 1,554 Posts
Good morning guys,

Jim, Glad to hear the Warden is coming around.

I put the smoker to work yesterday for last night's dinner.

The following 5 users liked this post by Tim Young:
Old 05-27-2022, 10:10 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,178 Likes on 1,656 Posts
Originally Posted by Tim Young
Good morning guys,

Howdy Tim.....
Those small clear glass bowls that you have....... I have some of the same. Small world......

The following 2 users liked this post by Sailor Roy:
Old 05-27-2022, 10:59 AM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,899 Likes on 1,184 Posts
Originally Posted by Tim Young
Good morning guys,

I just put 30 pounds of fork in the smoker about 30 minutes ago. getting ready for tomorrow.

The following 2 users liked this post by helifixer:
Old 05-27-2022, 11:00 AM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,899 Likes on 1,184 Posts
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Howdy Tim.....
Those small clear glass bowls that you have....... I have some of the same. Small world......
how funny we have a set of 8 of them, guess they probably won't make it to collector status.

The following 3 users liked this post by helifixer:
Old 05-27-2022, 12:15 PM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Received 4,295 Likes on 1,318 Posts
Morning all. Very long night last night. Our 35 year old adjustable hospital style (no side rails) bed developed a problem and won't adjust now. Of course it would...right when you really need it. So I guess I'll tear in to it today and see if there is anything I can do to fix it.

We have some of those custard cups as well.

The following 4 users liked this post by Seabiscuit-P3:
Old 05-27-2022, 04:22 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
I just got a txt that our new 5th wheel is supposed to be picked up and delivered to the dealership by Tuesday morning. That give hope that we will be able to pick it up next weekend! I'm pumped!

That looks yummy Tim! Enjoy

Good luck fixing that bed, Jim!

I'm out of here for the weekend! Please remember and honor all of the brave who gave all!

The following 7 users liked this post by SavageNFS:
Desert Don, Jigger2020, Paw's 150 Lariat, Sailor Roy, Seabiscuit-P3, sweeperman, Tim Young and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-27-2022, 09:58 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 7,046 Likes on 2,834 Posts
My mom called asking for help with her smoke detector. She had trouble replacing the battery. She couldn't figure out which way the 9 volt battery was supposed to go in. When she did get it in, the smoke detector was still chirping. Turns out she was working on the wrong detector. There is a CO detector five feet away - plugged into the wall outlet - that was doing the chirping. Mom is almost 80 and she's pretty smart. But her hearing took a hit last year, possibly due to Covid or the vaccine. I wish she hadn't got on a step ladder. Anyhow, problem solved with the detector.

She hasn't been able to print from her phone. Not many people do that. I changed up her network so that all her devices are on the cable modem router and printing now works. Bonus is that I took out of service a standalone router that was no longer needed. I'll use that router here at my house.

The following 7 users liked this post by HRTKD:
Desert Don, Jigger2020, my_crib_too, Paw's 150 Lariat, Sailor Roy, SavageNFS, Tim Young and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-28-2022, 08:43 AM
Paw's 150 Lariat
Logistics Pro
Received 2,228 Likes on 689 Posts
Good morning on this Memorial Day weekend. We've been in New Orleans the last 2 days for the niece's wedding today. Getting ready to head back into town for the wedding this evening. Staying in town tonight after the ceremony and reception in the French Quarter and can't believe how many people are in the city for the long weekend. Only 60 miles away so it's not that bad of a drive. Have a great weekend guys!!

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most