6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 09:02 AM
sbryan
Lead Driver
Received 127 Likes on 117 Posts
You're welcome. As many here seen to know, the m18 tools are dependable. Not the cheapest but a quality bargain. Have a great weekend. Remember those we honor on memorial day.

Old 05-22-2020, 09:18 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,171 Likes on 1,692 Posts
Thx Shawn, I'm also a firm believer that 'cheaper is not better' .........

Old 05-22-2020, 09:48 AM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,583 Likes on 734 Posts
The Red tools are more prevalent in the electrical supply houses and hence the electrical trade.
The Yellow tools are more prevalent in Lumber yards and hence more in the carpenter and wood trades.

Being a builder, it's just so easy to grab a yellow tool while I'm in the lumber yard buying wood, than to make a special trip to the electrical supply, where I don't have an account.
I don't think the Red is better than the Yellow or vice versus. They have good tools and I'm sure both have a tool or two that need improvements.

Once you have a battery system. It's foolish to mix the two. If I have a bunch of yellow batteries, why buy a Red tool?

Old 05-22-2020, 09:54 AM
sbryan
Lead Driver
No argument with that logic. The batteries wind up costing as much or more than the tools over the life of the tool so once you make a battery commitment it makes no sense to mix brands. Interesting that around here the lumber yards carry both red and yellow in equal quantity.

Old 05-22-2020, 09:56 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,013 Likes on 1,603 Posts
Originally Posted by GIGGER
Howdy truckers,
you guys have me looking at RED tools, I don't have any so I have a question,
would you buy the FUEL tools every time??
I want this set,
Rodney, I didnt want to clutter up your thread but, if you have an opinion, I'd appreciate it,

Gerry...... That sure looks like a nice set. Common useful tools.......

Old 05-22-2020, 10:06 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

......and then there is Home Depot: Red, Yellow, Orange, Lime Green, Dark Blue. My garage is multi colored (No Blue) but black & Red (craftsman).
I have Diversity.....

Old 05-22-2020, 10:08 AM
sbryan
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
......and then there is Home Depot: Red, Yellow, Orange, Lime Green, Dark Blue. My garage is multi colored (No Blue) but black & Red (craftsman).
I have Diversity.....
Diversity is a PITA when every battery system is different. And yes, HD has diversity. Heck, they even hire old sailors.

Old 05-22-2020, 10:42 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by sbryan
Diversity is a PITA when every battery system is different. And yes, HD has diversity. Heck, they even hire old sailors.
Howdy Shawn...... Different systems do have a downside...... I fell into it by buying based on the tool I liked and sales.....

HD seeks out the best for employment..... Military !!

Old 05-22-2020, 11:15 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,648 Likes on 1,648 Posts
Originally Posted by Painted Horse
The Red tools are more prevalent in the electrical supply houses and hence the electrical trade.
The Yellow tools are more prevalent in Lumber yards and hence more in the carpenter and wood trades.

Being a builder, it's just so easy to grab a yellow tool while I'm in the lumber yard buying wood, than to make a special trip to the electrical supply, where I don't have an account.
I don't think the Red is better than the Yellow or vice versus. They have good tools and I'm sure both have a tool or two that need improvements.

Once you have a battery system. It's foolish to mix the two. If I have a bunch of yellow batteries, why buy a Red tool?
And that logic also fits my thought process. Now, all my cordless tools have interchangeable batteries.
Quite a few years ago, I bought an 18V Milwaukee Sawzall; ni-cad. Well, shortly after that they switched over to li-ion and you guessed it....I could buy a whole new tool for less than new ni-cad batteries cost. And now, it is possible to find adapters to convert it.......same thing....batteries, charger, adapter = $$$$$$$. And everybody tells us to conserve, conserve, conserve and everything we buy is throw away.
OK, with all that being said, at some point, someone gave me a drill and driver set that was all yellow and 20V MAX, so now all my usable cordless tools are yellow.

And if one looks at the small print, I think they are all made in CCCCCCCCCCCChina

Old 05-22-2020, 11:25 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,766 Likes on 2,763 Posts
Originally Posted by 99150
OK, with all that being said, at some point, someone gave me a drill and driver set that was all yellow and 20V MAX, so now all my usable cordless tools are yellow.
Should we go camping again, we'll be compatible.

I thought I was going to pass my 18v Dewalt tools to my son, but having a second drill has been very handy.

Old 05-22-2020, 12:33 PM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,648 Likes on 1,648 Posts
Originally Posted by HRTKD
Should we go camping again, we'll be compatible.

I thought I was going to pass my 18v Dewalt tools to my son, but having a second drill has been very handy.
I dunno...........been looking for an excuse to go camping someplace, somehow, sometime!!

Old 05-22-2020, 01:16 PM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,583 Likes on 734 Posts
Memorial Day weekend has usually had me in the Bryce Canyon area with my horses and friends.
With the knee replacement, I'm not getting on a horse this weekend. So I'm missing the annual camp out.
I was kinda jonesing about it, and said out loud, Maybe I should just go join my friends, but leave the horses home. I can still tell tall tales around the campfire.
My wife an hour or so later pipes up that she would enjoy a ride Saturday back to her home town and to her parents graves up in Idaho,
So I guess I'm going for 6 hour car ride saturday to help my wife put flowers on her parents grave. Shouldn't complain, it's pretty rare that I make that trip with her.
But I will miss sitting around the campfire stretching the truth with friends

Old 05-22-2020, 01:39 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,152 Likes on 2,237 Posts
Jon, I hear ya. I could go for a campfire, friends and tall tales about the past!

You gave me an idea though...if we get a clear night. Enjoy the drive with the wife!

Old 05-22-2020, 04:03 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,171 Likes on 1,692 Posts
WOW, love all the info guys, it's about what I expected so THANK YOU everyone,

my yellow set is 6 yrs old so I think its time to upgrade before I change my mind,

so I might as well get the red combo set with the most tools I think I'll use,

I'll look for a sale or promo so I feel like I'm getting a deal, maybe,

that 7 pc fuel combo kit I referred to is about $1600 up here, so I think the quality is there. TY

Old 05-22-2020, 06:19 PM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 83 Likes on 16 Posts
Hi guys!! Yep, it's been a while. Still trying to stay healthy with all this SHSTUFF going around. We're getting back to a similar call volume that we had prior to the announcement of the pandemic. EMS is still running, but the hospitals are in trouble in lots of ways. A lot of them have been furloughing nurses and staff for weeks now as the ones around here, closed floors, laid off people due to cancelling elective surgeries, tests like endoscopies, CT scans, ultrasounds and the like. They closed those departments and now are seeing the downfall of the revenue lost for doing that. Emory in ATL says they are down $660million in revenue since this started. Now, a lot of municipalities are in trouble as well. They have not been able to collect taxes and they are going in the hole as well. On my FB page I posted several weeks ago that the local governments were going to want a severe tax hike due to shutting down and I was laughed at. I also told them that a lot of politicians would then call for the laying off of public safety personnel due to those departments having larger budgets and then public safety would then AGAIN be the pawn in the middle of the government and the public. The municipalities LOVE to threaten with laying off of public safety as it basically threatens the public and they feel like they are going to be put in harms way in a sense, so they bow down to more taxes. They've been doing it for years and it's most of the time successful it's sad to say. Then after they settle for paying higher taxes, the public is then disillusioned with public safety and the cycle starts over.

On a different note, our first outing with the new camper was a success. Only had a few things to try and clear up. I found, by chance, that the disc brake lines routed at the factory are pulled tightly over the tie plates for the springs on two of the wheels and the then rubbing the springs on the other two. So, as a way to buy time until I can figure out how to stop it or change it, I wrapped the lines with fuel lie and then with heater hose as a buffer. Whatever idiot put the lines on the right side of my camper needs to be taken to the woodshed!!!

I hope all of you guys are doing good, as well as your families.After this shift is finished today, I have one more and then it's off to Myrtle Beach for about 9 days for vacation. I'm SOOOO ready to be off work and out of this crazy environment for a few days. I know we've never seen anything like it, but in 35 years of public safety, this takes the cake.

I will try to catch up a little later, but just wanted to log in and say "Hello" and that I haven't forgotten you guys!

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most