6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 09:02 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,075 Likes on 1,623 Posts
Good evening Tim..........

Sounds like early bed time.........

Old 03-06-2016, 09:59 PM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Received 515 Likes on 173 Posts
Good evening as well Tim and Roy.

So I'm starting to research buying a 4x4 quad this spring/summer for hunting/snow plowing/jeep support vehicle.
What are your guys thoughts on an Outlander 850? I don't know anyone that has one personally, but I thought a few of you fine gentleman had or have. Does it come close to the standards set forth by my truck?

Old 03-06-2016, 10:57 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not sure about a 850 Outty, but have a 1000 XT, it's powerful for sure...
No issues other than "operator error", (I've broke a couple axles) but, had I not been stupid, I say I wouldn't have had any issues. As far as the engine, clutches, no problem whatsoever, it's not lifted and I run 29.5" Outlaw 2's.....

Old 03-07-2016, 12:14 AM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by RigTrash601
Not sure about a 850 Outty, but have a 1000 XT, it's powerful for sure...
No issues other than "operator error", (I've broke a couple axles) but, had I not been stupid, I say I wouldn't have had any issues. As far as the engine, clutches, no problem whatsoever, it's not lifted and I run 29.5" Outlaw 2's.....
Thanks for the input...rep gun jammed....
I'm resisting my urge to get a 1000 class machine due to some more novice riders that may use it, and I told the wifey I'd only spend about 10k....

Old 03-07-2016, 01:57 AM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Shoulda said $15k and come in cheaper...

Old 03-07-2016, 03:55 AM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 83 Likes on 16 Posts
Morning guys. Time to make the doughnuts! Off to work the next 50 or so. You guys have a couple of good days and I'l check in when I can. Oh, the dealership called late Friday afternoon and they finally have my backup camera, Ford emblem and trailer hitch in. Now, I've got to find the time this week to take my truck to have them installed. Gotta run.

Old 03-07-2016, 06:52 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Good morning gang!

Back to the grind for me today. Should be an interesting set.

Monty, due to the industry here, we have lots of good burn units to choose from. The employee was treated and released and has already come back to work. He got 1st and 2nd degree burns to his hands and the back of his neck, as well as a little to his scalp (all parts of our bodies that are not covered in Nomex FRC's).

As far as job security goes, one would like to believe that would be the case, but with the scandals that the Brazilians have been going through the last few years, that is not necessarily a guarantee at this plant. Thankfully, we have already been told that we will rebuild. The unit that received the lesser amount of damage, they speculate we can have back online within 6-8 weeks. That seems optimistic to me, but that gives them a goal, and that's a good start. The unit that suffered the worst of the damage will take considerably longer, but until we get in to see exactly the extent, there is no way to really even speculate on the length of time to complete repairs. We were very fortunate.

On a brighter note, my wife and I did manage to get the majority of the remaining things at my house packed up and ready for the movers. They are scheduled to be here next Tuesday morning.

Have a great day gang!

Old 03-07-2016, 07:33 AM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 3,791 Likes on 1,507 Posts
Good morning One Pagers,

Chad, I have a 2004 Outlander 400, we just use it here on our little ranch so I can tell you anything about it's off road ability. In my opinion it is a PITA to work, the panels have funky little clips and then panels are tucked in behind each other. Maybe they all are but comparing it my Suzuki Dirt Bike they could have did a lot better. Other then getting into things Oh yeah no blind nuts I have to have two wrenches or a screw driver and a wrench to get things apart. Any way I have not had any major things go bad and I do like it.

Old 03-07-2016, 08:00 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,437 Likes on 2,300 Posts
Good morning guys!

You guys were busy this weekend...

Doug, glad no one was seriously hurt in the explosion. I hope the rebuilding goes well and you have job security until you decide to retire.

Tim...I recognize all of the pictures you posted. That is so neat! I'm glad you made it out one more trip . I thought about going, but really couldn't with the weekend already planned out for us.

ALERT: bragging about kids follows:

This weekend we had the high school music solo and ensemble regional competition. My older son is just a freshmen and played a class C piece, but played it well and got a 1. He plays the euphonium and loves it. He was a bit disappointed that his teacher didn't give him a class A piece so he could at least try to qualify for State. I think the teacher did the right thing. He is craving a challenge for next year rather than frustration. He did really well and we're proud of the 1. The scoring goes like this:
4: You didn't practice at all and wasted the judges time (I've never seen this score given)
3: You need more practice, but thanks for trying
2: You were pretty good, but need more work. Great job!
1: You were excellent, but not an eligible piece for State or not quite at the level needed to compete at State
1*: Excellent performance...good luck at State!

My daughter has to 3 prior high school music ensembles. She went to State her freshmen and sophomore years for her viola, but did no make it last year. She got a 1 and was devastated. She knew she hadn't put in the work that she had in prior years. She kicked butt this year and got a 1*. She is headed back to State for her solo performance, but her orchestra only received a 1. She is first chair viola. The orchestra is done, but she moves on. She is happy for her, but upset for her ensemble. I'm just happy to hear her play at State!

My younger son is still in 8th grade and that solo ensemble competition is not for a couple of weeks. This will be his last as he said he doesn't want to continue in band in high school. The older son received his confirmation that he was accepted by National BSA to advance to Eagle rank on Saturday. So proud of him!

Old 03-07-2016, 08:16 AM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Dakster
Shoulda said $15k and come in cheaper...
Lol...I was showing her some of the models I was looking at, told me I needed to get the XT version, which goes over $11k msrp. So I do have some flexibility.
Originally Posted by Tim Young
Good morning One Pagers,

Chad, I have a 2004 Outlander 400, we just use it here on our little ranch so I can tell you anything about it's off road ability. In my opinion it is a PITA to work, the panels have funky little clips and then panels are tucked in behind each other. Maybe they all are but comparing it my Suzuki Dirt Bike they could have did a lot better. Other then getting into things Oh yeah no blind nuts I have to have two wrenches or a screw driver and a wrench to get things apart. Any way I have not had any major things go bad and I do like it.
I think all the-4x4 models have gone that way, trying to keep heat off the legs while doing slow speed work. Annoying, but just a fact of life these days....

Old 03-07-2016, 08:19 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
The heat off the legs is a real factor on the bigger engines. It's tough to keep them cooler and your legs from burning up. For the slower speed stuff, our 850 Poo was easier on the legs than our 1000 canned ham.

Old 03-07-2016, 10:50 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Andre, congrats to the kiddos.

Old 03-07-2016, 11:35 AM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Bragg away Andre, your kiddos have EARNED it.

Horsepower aside Andre, which quad did you like more overall?
One specific question...How were the shifters? Numb & flaccid or crisp & well defined?

Old 03-07-2016, 11:46 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Chad149
Bragg away Andre, your kiddos have EARNED it.

Horsepower aside Andre, which quad did you like more overall?
One specific question...How were the shifters? Numb & flaccid or crisp & well defined?
850HO XP vs. Outlander 1000XT - Polaris ATV Forum
You might want to read this ancient thread of mine that compares them both. As far as shifts...I liked them both, but preferred the Outty. It's just not that easy to say I preferred the Outty for trail riding. The Poo was so close it wasn't even funny. For working, the Poo had the edge. It was nice having both

Thank you for the kind words!

Old 03-07-2016, 11:47 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
Andre, congrats to the kiddos.
Thanks Doug! I hope your week isn't too rough

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most