6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 08:47 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,013 Likes on 1,603 Posts
Wow........Sad.........

Sorry to hear the bad news Doug.......

Good to hear the one injured was was not severe.....

The team must have done well .......everything is under control.

What happened ??

Now it is time to enjoy some time with Jodi......Life Is Good

Old 03-06-2016, 09:18 AM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,583 Likes on 734 Posts
I'm glad I got out and rode yesterday. Storm blew in during the night. Had to get up and shut the windows tight about 4 am. Wind was banging blinds. As I went out to fed horses this morning. It was raining and blowing. Supposed to turn to snow before the day is over. So much for Spring in Utah.

And I have 60,000 sf of concrete scheduled for tomorrow. Guess we will be pushing it back a day. Don't want to pour concrete if it's raining and snowing.

Time for Church. You folks all have a nice sunday.

Old 03-06-2016, 04:42 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

I guess everyone is out and about having fun.......

Church.....Commissary shopping.....then home.

I was going to install shocks today.....28 drops of rain fell.....so it must be slacking time..........

Old 03-06-2016, 04:59 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Howdy gang.

About the incident yesterday, the operators had gone to switch compressors on the distillate hydrotreater, and when they started the compressor, a large, high pressure line blew apart, and set that unit and the neighboring unit both on fire. Hydrotreaters typically run at high pressures and use hydrogen as both the carrying gas, and as the gas responsible for the reaction in the reactor to remove sulfur and other compounds from the streams. The other unit that was damaged was the unit responsible for removing sulfur from the FCC gasoline stream. It could have been much worse, but it was bad enough regardless. The explosion and fire started at 10:15. I arrived just before 11:30, and went home at 18:30. It was still burning, but was contained and was a small stream of gas that we were letting burn out. The all clear was sounded at around 19:30. This week could be interesting for me at work.

Today, Jodi and I went to Lowe's and looked at appliances for the new house, then went to UHaul to get more boxes, and spent the rest of the day getting the majority of the rest of the house packed up and ready for the movers. They will be here a week from tomorrow. I have very little here left to do, and that was the goal for this weekend, since I am working days through Thursday. After work Thursday, I will go to Jodi's and stay until Sunday evening, then come back and wrap up the last little bits before the movers arrive. IT's been a busy set of days "off" and I'm exhausted. Hope you are all well.

Thank you all for the thoughts, prayers and well wishes.

Old 03-06-2016, 05:36 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

"playing" with stuff that burns easily and putting it under high pressure........Well, bad stuff does happen...

The rest of the weekend sounded good......

Have "Fun" Monday........

Old 03-06-2016, 05:57 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Glad your employee is going to be OK. The units can be replaced, people cannot.

No more excitement allowed for you Doug.

I had the same issue with RAM service in Miami Roy and I had a few places within 15 miles of me. Although 15 miles could equal 100 miles of drive time in Montana.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:06 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear about the incident Doug, thank God no one was seriously injured or worse.
Now, the aggravation starts with all the incident investigations, root cause analysis, etc....

Evening gang, didn't do much this weekend, kinda took it easy, did give the new truck a bath this evening, I need to put a coat of wax on her, just didn't feel like it

Old 03-06-2016, 06:17 PM
sbryan
Lead Driver
Received 127 Likes on 117 Posts
Doug, sorry to hear about the excitement but sounds like it could have been a lot worse. Sounds like you'll be rebuilding for a while. I suppose it is job security but that is a tough way to get it. Take care and hug your bride.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:57 PM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 83 Likes on 16 Posts
Hi guys. Doug, so sorry to hear about the fire. I hope the injured was treated at a burn center if the burn gets circumferential around the hand. I saw where it said a "flash burn" to the back of the hand, but if it got hot enough all around the extremity, it could get ugly within 24-48 hours. Circumferential burns, swell as all burns do, however when burned around a body part, start to squeeze and can cut off circulation to the fingertips. I hope he/she was treated properly as many hospitals down play burns, like the scenario where I transported to the burn center on Thursday morning. He should have been evaluated by a burn center MUCH earlier than he was.
Glad that no one else was injured. Prayers for quick healing to the one burned. After all of the chaos that happened last night, it turned out to be a decent shift. Not too bad at all.
Hope all of you stay safe out there. Temps in the 70s through next Monday. However, we always have that one freezing spell right at Easter.
Have a good night guys!

Old 03-06-2016, 08:34 PM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Received 508 Likes on 172 Posts
Holy shiznit Doug, I hope your associate heals up quick. Is the operation there small enough that you know most everybody?

Old 03-06-2016, 08:54 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Quiet night.........

Early morning tomorrow........0700 I'll be on a local radio station. Advertising for Foothills Community Christian School.......I sure hope this goes well......
We have a big fundraiser Banquet happening in early April.
I am on the main Committee for this deal. We are having Benjamin Watson of the New Orleans Saints as the Keynote speaker..........Our goal is to have 1200 people......and clear after expenses...$150,000. Money comes from private sponsors (buy a table of 12 for $450. this includes dinner for the 12)....Corp sponsors....table of 12 starts at $1,500 ...$3,500....$5,000. There are advertising benefits for the corp sponsors. Then there are requests for donations to support scholarships.......

Lynn and I purchased a table.......We hope the people that we invite will give to the school........

Old 03-06-2016, 08:56 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Good evening Chad........

5 Minutes and it is tuck the little one into bed.........

Old 03-06-2016, 08:56 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,617 Likes on 1,445 Posts
Good evening guys,

Doug, Sorry to hear of the accident at the plant. Glad to hear there was only one injury.

Jon, Thanks for the video that was cool.

Don, I have never heard of the Panty Tree, but by golly there is proof!

Maria and I had a fun weekend visiting friends and family, but we stayed up late every night and I am tuckered! Catch ya all later!

Old 03-06-2016, 09:01 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Iowa Ford
Hi everyone !
Took one last trip up north on the sleds.
I'm pretty sure the end is here.
Andre, I couldn't get to Tippler.
Not enough snow.
The rest of the trip was north along Lake Superior.
Plenty of snow there.

A few of the sleds at the Bug Bar.

Lunch at the Bug bar !<br/>One of my favorites

Proof the snow is gone in Wisconsin !<br/>And I was 10 Mi. From Tippler.

Smooth trails.<br/>I think everyone is out of vacation time.<br/>
Glad you got one last ride in! Thanks for the photo's

Originally Posted by golfmedik
Evening guys. Just a quick check in as the entire county is going to hell as I write this. Med units everywhere. As of now, my partner and I are covering this 340 sq mile county alone as all of the others are tied up. Yep, gonna be one of those nights. Have a good night fellas!
Sounds rough out there Monty!

Old 03-06-2016, 09:02 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Gerry, Have you decided on a phone yet?

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most