Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Cab & Fender lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Supercab
Lead Driver

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Wink Cab & Fender lights

I just installed the RECON smoked cab clearance light lenses on my '99 and they look GREAT!!-(amber bulbs) IF anyone needs 1 or more of the original amber lenses shoot me a pm and pay for shipping.

I am also looking at smoked fender lights for my Dually-the RECONS are EXPENSIVE for 4 lights and I AM looking at generics:1999-2010 FORD F350 LED SIDE FENDER DUALLY BED MARKER LIGHTS SMOKE 4 PC SET | eBay

Anyone using THESE? wonder why they are so much cheaper......There is NO brand name on the RECON cab lights, so I've got to believe that there will be NO brand name on the fender ones if I were to buy those........

One more question: ARE the factory dually fender lights held in by sticky tape like these generics??

Old 08-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Franko72
Molon Labe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rick that add does mention this ---> Interchange Part Number: RECON 264132BK
Does that mean they are Recon I don't know, but I do like the stick on mounting. The stockers have a clip that are either a stupid design, or I'm too stupid to know how to properly install them correctly. I replaced two lenses with factory parts and broke both trying to get the clip latched.
Currently (& I'm embaressed to say this) my fender lights are held on by a drop of 5200 marine adhesive.

Old 08-04-2012, 04:56 PM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I too have replaced my cab lights with the smoked recon's and am very pleased. They were exact fit and the only thing I didn't like is that I had to reuse the lens base gasket. And have been looking at the Recon smoked LED dually fenders for about a year now. They are just alittle too pricey. So the one's you found is about what I would like to pay. I just wonder if they are built as nice as the Recon's or like Frank said are they actually the same thing as the Recon's??

So Rick if you get these lights please post up on if you liked them or not. By the way nice find!!

Old 08-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Supercab
Lead Driver

Frank, There we go thinking alike again!!! I think you may have something there with their comment as to the "interchange" part number with Recon...I think the just might be Recons packed in a generic box-again, the Recons I got for the cab clearance lights have NO Recon name on them.....

Ed & Frank, I think I'm going to order the generics and give them a try! I love the look both daytime and night time of the cab roof clearance lights and think the fender ones will complement them!-Frank, As soon as I get the new ones installed you are welcome to the originals if ya want.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:33 PM
Franko72
Molon Labe
I appreciate the offer Rick, but if you are happy with the quality of those lights I may get a set myself.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:44 PM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Me Too !! Actually at that price how can you go wrong. My stock ones are all faded and one socket is bad. So please let us know what you think when you get them. If I wasn't in the middle of buying parts for my wifes chebie. I would bite the bullet and order a set now.

Besides Rick you know they are going to look bad a** with them smoked cab lights

Old 08-05-2012, 06:27 AM
Supercab
Lead Driver

-Guys, Just went to order the generics and found THESE:http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-SUPERDU...s&vxp=mtr-only 10 bucks more BUT they are CLEAR lenses!!-that says ricer to me so I emailed the seller and asked if they could get SMOKED for the same price-if they will I'll order the Recons otherwise I'll do the generics......stand by....

Old 08-05-2012, 08:36 AM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I also swapped out the OEM cab lights to the smoked recon lens and never looked back. I don't have a dually so I'm no help there.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:00 AM
dn29626
Cargo Master
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Anyone with good, red fender lenses you would part with, or should i go order from ford? I need one for the passenger side.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:45 AM
Supercab
Lead Driver

Wink

Originally Posted by dn29626
Anyone with good, red fender lenses you would part with, or should i go order from ford? I need one for the passenger side.
If you'll stand by you'll be welcome to mine shortly.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:44 PM
racincowboy
Senior User
I have the recon clear ones on my dually. They work well and I have had no issues with the double sided tape coming off. They are led and not as bright as the stock ones that took some getting used to but other then that they work well and I have had no issues. I did heat shrink the connections with some head shrink with glue already inside of the shrink tube they use on Freightliner truck wiring harnesses.

Old 08-05-2012, 05:31 PM
dn29626
Cargo Master
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Supercab
...If you'll stand by you'll be welcome to mine...
Standing by.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:21 PM
Supercab
Lead Driver

Wink

Originally Posted by dn29626
Standing by.
Your RED light is on its way!!

Old 08-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Supercab
Lead Driver

Guys, The generic fender lights are good, no complaints so far...only time will tell if they hold up well....they look neat in the sunlight and I'll bet even better in the dark! come from ESR Performance in Hialeah, Florida, right in Frank's side yard-lol from a company called VMS Racing.....my bet is there is just 1 Chineese company making them and packages them in whatever box is called for.

Ed, I just sent Frank daytime pictures, may be he can/will share with everyone, YOU with a bad socket might have to cut the socket out and direct wire, otherwise the LEDs plug into where the standard 194 bulb comes out of-Rick

Old 08-13-2012, 03:33 PM
Franko72
Molon Labe
Rick, you talked about a dirty truck in your email, but all I see in the pics are a very clean one...
Your truck (and the new lights) look AWESOME! I like that front bumper cover.

Here ya go.

Attached Images      

Quick Reply: Cab & Fender lights