Notices
Modular V10 (6.8l)  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

considering selling

 
  #1  
Old 07-23-2012, 05:01 PM
jbrianas
jbrianas is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 143
jbrianas is starting off with a positive reputation.
considering selling

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...t-bed-xlt.html

kinda on the fence, but i do need a new truck write off, and
need a long bed, though im just not thrilled with the 6.2 offering, this 2005 was no doubt the best truck ive ever owned, i hope the new ones are just as good
 
  #2  
Old 10-17-2012, 08:43 PM
jbrianas
jbrianas is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 143
jbrianas is starting off with a positive reputation.
well new truck just came in, test drove it , it felt quite sluggish (2012 f350 6.2 4.30 gear 4x4) but im sure it will need to break in and such, i did decide to keep the 05,
so soon ill provide some real towing/hualing feedback comparing the 2---which i was unable to find anything when i was shopping
 
  #3  
Old 10-18-2012, 02:32 PM
bakon
bakon is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Steeler Country
Posts: 610
bakon is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.bakon is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I saw your add. What is Blue Book on your 05? My 03 is the same truck but a Larriat and I was offered 8k on a trade, last year. Poor condition it should have been 12.5k. walked away and still drive it daily.
 
  #4  
Old 10-18-2012, 06:47 PM
jbrianas
jbrianas is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 143
jbrianas is starting off with a positive reputation.
well i havent any idea to honest, the new truck was to actually replace a new gmc i had bought (big mistake-pos) but to my surprise the gmc sold within hours of me posting it on craiglist

anyways i had to order the new f350, i would have been over gcwr with trailer,
most the stuff on lots are rated pretty low, less than they were in 2005 anyways

the only time ive ever made out on a dealer trade-in was when we trading my ex's pilot
those things almost apreciate in value lol
 
  #5  
Old 10-18-2012, 08:25 PM
Quad Racer's Avatar
Quad Racer
Quad Racer is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cincy
Posts: 1,899
Quad Racer is a name known to allQuad Racer is a name known to allQuad Racer is a name known to allQuad Racer is a name known to allQuad Racer is a name known to allQuad Racer is a name known to all
I have to disagree. Check out this video of a 6.2 doing just fine in the power department.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...nd-videos.html
 
  #6  
Old 10-18-2012, 08:26 PM
BigPigDaddy's Avatar
BigPigDaddy
BigPigDaddy is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: OR
Posts: 2,622
BigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jbrianas View Post
the only time ive ever made out on a dealer trade-in was when we trading my ex's pilot
those things almost apreciate in value lol
Too bad the ex didn't appreciate, huh?
 
  #7  
Old 10-19-2012, 07:15 AM
jbrianas
jbrianas is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 143
jbrianas is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by BigPigDaddy View Post
Too bad the ex didn't appreciate, huh?


lol---ya they tend to depreciate
 
  #8  
Old 10-19-2012, 07:17 AM
mudfuel06's Avatar
mudfuel06
mudfuel06 is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chiefland, Fl
Posts: 579
mudfuel06 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Quad Racer View Post
I have to disagree. Check out this video of a 6.2 doing just fine in the power department.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...nd-videos.html
I have to disagree with you. I drive both daily, my 08 V10 and my 12 6.2. While the 6.2 does get better mileage, probably because of the tire size, I hate the new 6 speed transmission and it doesn't feel like it has the get up and go of the V10. But, since I didn't pay for the 6.2, I'll drive it anyway.
 
  #9  
Old 10-25-2012, 08:52 PM
Lonman71
Lonman71 is offline
New User
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 11
Lonman71 is starting off with a positive reputation.
We have the new 6.2 at work and I have to say i'm impressed with it. I drive an 07 SD with the 6.0 powerstroke diesel and we have some other guys that have the 6.2 or 6.8 gassers. You would think that the powerstroke would out pull the gas motors all day long but it's not the case. We regularly pull trailers weighing in around 10,000 lbs and the gas motors pull with my stroke. I get a little better mpg than they do. Especially with a load.
 
  #10  
Old 10-25-2012, 09:30 PM
Quad Racer's Avatar
Quad Racer
Quad Racer is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cincy
Posts: 1,899
Quad Racer is a name known to allQuad Racer is a name known to allQuad Racer is a name known to allQuad Racer is a name known to allQuad Racer is a name known to allQuad Racer is a name known to all
Originally Posted by mudfuel06 View Post
I have to disagree with you. I drive both daily, my 08 V10 and my 12 6.2. While the 6.2 does get better mileage, probably because of the tire size, I hate the new 6 speed transmission and it doesn't feel like it has the get up and go of the V10. But, since I didn't pay for the 6.2, I'll drive it anyway.

What gearing is each equipped with? That could make a difference. I was impressed with that 6.2 in the video. It did out tow the diesels and my tuned V10? It was 16,000 pounds up a steep grade!
 
  #11  
Old 10-26-2012, 08:12 AM
mudfuel06's Avatar
mudfuel06
mudfuel06 is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chiefland, Fl
Posts: 579
mudfuel06 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Quad Racer View Post
What gearing is each equipped with? That could make a difference. I was impressed with that 6.2 in the video. It did out tow the diesels and my tuned V10? It was 16,000 pounds up a steep grade!
The 6.2 has the 4.30's that I ordered from the factory and my V10 has the 4.10's which I didn't have a say in because I got it used.
 
  #12  
Old 11-03-2012, 04:00 PM
jbrianas
jbrianas is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 143
jbrianas is starting off with a positive reputation.
well ive driven it a bit more, im not a fan thus far of the 6spd tranny,
it likes to get into 6th and stay there and lug around- perhaps its tuned this way for better mpg - with 4.30 gears its at about 1400 rpm @50mph 6th gear,

the 05 feels alot smoother and better tq and power at low rpms

but mostly it will just takesome getting used to
 
  #13  
Old 11-03-2012, 07:09 PM
BigPigDaddy's Avatar
BigPigDaddy
BigPigDaddy is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: OR
Posts: 2,622
BigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jbrianas View Post
well ive driven it a bit more, im not a fan thus far of the 6spd tranny, it likes to get into 6th and stay there and lug around- perhaps its tuned this way for better mpg - with 4.30 gears its at about 1400 rpm @50mph 6th gear, the 05 feels alot smoother and better tq and power at low rpms but mostly it will just takesome getting used to
One word:

MikeAt5StarTuning

 
  #14  
Old 04-16-2013, 09:06 PM
jbrianas
jbrianas is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 143
jbrianas is starting off with a positive reputation.
ive worked the new truck a bit now, same as ive used my 05,
not impressed, it is capable to get the job done, but the thing just has no guts
unless you wind it out, its got plenty of hp when you let it rev, but the low end tq leaves one severely dismayed after operating a 3v v10, and I really don't like the shift strategy of the new tranny, I use tow/hual mode and it just lugs around at too low of an rpm to the point your losing speed, I thought the 6spd would be the saving grace to the lesser v8, but not with the factory programming imo

fuel mileage, thus far, the v8 is on average 1mpg better than the v10
 
  #15  
Old 04-17-2013, 10:17 AM
mudfuel06's Avatar
mudfuel06
mudfuel06 is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chiefland, Fl
Posts: 579
mudfuel06 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by jbrianas View Post
ive worked the new truck a bit now, same as ive used my 05,
not impressed, it is capable to get the job done, but the thing just has no guts
unless you wind it out, its got plenty of hp when you let it rev, but the low end tq leaves one severely dismayed after operating a 3v v10, and I really don't like the shift strategy of the new tranny, I use tow/hual mode and it just lugs around at too low of an rpm to the point your losing speed, I thought the 6spd would be the saving grace to the lesser v8, but not with the factory programming imo

fuel mileage, thus far, the v8 is on average 1mpg better than the v10
That's pretty much what I have found, but a new truck is nice. Maybe when it runs out of warranty, put a 5 Star on it and see how it acts. I'm glad someone besides me feels the same.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: considering selling


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.