1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help me decide!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2003, 03:01 PM
catmman
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Please help me decide!

I have a choice between a SD V10 Crew Cab, or a Chevy 6 liter Crew Cab. Although the sticker prices are within $200 of each other the deal I have negotiated with the Ford dealer is about $1000 more than the Chevy.
I believe they'll both get me the same gas mileage. I'll be towing a very small fifth wheel about 2% of the time. I can't make up my mind.

Help me.

Old 05-10-2003, 04:00 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Please help me decide!

I guess all I can tell you is why I've sold Fords for the past 6 years, and Chevies 8 years before that. Ford dominates the truck market because of our SuperDutys (and Econoline vans). When it comes to half-ton pickups, Fords and Chevies are pretty darn close. But we've outsold Chevies for the past 20-some years because of the dominance of the 3/4 and 1-ton vehicles. Companies and contractors will occassionally go to a Chevy or Dodge, but they always come back to us. If you want a truck that will LAST, that will go the extra mile, it's a SuperDuty. I got sick and tired of Chevy 2500 and 3500 trucks blowing up, falling apart, letting my customers down. And when was the last time you saw an ambulance that WASN'T built on a Ford chassis? I can't remember the last time I saw a Chevy ambulance. These folks buy Fords for a reason, and it isn't because of price. They know that Ford will get their injured "cargo" to the hospital more reliably than anything else on the road. That's why I sell Fords; I hope it 's a good enough reason for you to buy one. If you do decide on the Ford, don't be a stranger here. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Old 05-10-2003, 10:02 PM
Mwachel
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Please help me decide!

You know what made me get a Super Duty? I had a little 4Runner and we would tow our 22', 4000lbs travel trailer with it when we went camping...PAINFULLY SLOW! Of course when you are going 35-40 up the passes what else is there to do besides look at all the trucks with trailers passing you!

Guess what I saw passing me the most? Yup, Fords. About 90% of the trucks that I saw out on the road with trailers were Fords. Then Chevy, then Dodge. I am not joking. My wife and I used to talk about it even before we were going to get a new truck.

There is a reason so many trailers are attached to Fords......

Old 05-11-2003, 05:09 PM
nafzimo
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help me decide!

Learn from BDBWTE's mistake posted at the thread below. He wanted a PSD pretty bad, but he had a brand new 6 liter Chevy that was "underpowered".

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...threadid=95179