1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Box Style Ford Trucks

Finally a front clip

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 04:31 PM
spurredon
Fleet Owner

Received 617 Likes on 553 Posts
Originally Posted by gtilton.as
Those look pretty nice. How often do you get stuck?
I believe they are to pull others out that get stuck!

They do look good.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:10 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts
I live 1/2 mile up a really steep dirt road, so 30 years ago I got stuck a lot. Most of the trucks I run these days are 4wd so maybe I'll be pulling my ownself out with one of my other rigs. I'll be totally honest here.....The hooks were 12.00 a piece and I couldn't resist them for the 'look'. But ya never know.........

Old 06-30-2012, 08:26 PM
theodore/teddy
Refyred
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
I should have known "VANITY HOOKS".
Before you know it every cabinet maker in the North West who lives on an island and drives an old truck will be scouring junk-stores in hopes to obtain the snaggle tooth look for their work horse!
Sorry Gary sometimes I experience uncontrollable sarcasm.
They have a utilitarian look that I like.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:32 PM
spurredon
Fleet Owner

I bet Gary has installed "double vanities", before!

Old 07-08-2012, 01:26 PM
lwclark
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your friends are right. That truck is bad-***.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:43 AM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
My Badass snaggle tooth 59 is currently awaiting arrival of a new clutch master cylinder. The only hydraulic component not replaced on the whole truck. Unfortunately we'll be in Seattle all week at the hospital as Ravin, my fiance has been diagnosed with a benign brain tumor, and she'll have an 8 hour surgery starting Tuesday morning at 5:30 am. No guarantees how it will go, but they are being quite positive. She is strong and in good spirits. I'll be staying at a 'motel' room in the hospital for family members. I'll have my laptop and will be checking in on my FTE friends. Leaving the island now for the drive to Seattle. Thanks in advance for thoughts and prayers. Gary

Attached Images   
Old 07-09-2012, 09:14 AM
lwclark
Senior User
Wow, good luck to you Gary. Brain tumor is scary, but benign is a relief. I hope the surgery goes perfectly and her recovery is comfortable.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:30 AM
theodore/teddy
Refyred
Gary, My thoughts and prayers will be with you and Ravin.
Attitude is everything at times like this. Maintain your strength and resolve my friend.
Strong regards

Old 07-09-2012, 07:38 PM
spurredon
Fleet Owner

wow, I wondered what you had been up to! Sure hope things go smoothly. I can relate my friend. I took my wife for a routine hernia surgery on April 10 and on April 12 she had emergency surgery to save her life from the infection that was taking her over. It's been three months now but much improved. Hope to have her back more like normal by hunting season. I guess you could say I hijacked your thread but wanted you to know that we are all in this together. I believe that there is more to this life than what is just seen. You both will be in my prayers.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:47 AM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Thank you my friends. It's only been 2 hours and so it will be a long day. 3 of my 4 kids live here in the big city and they will be taking me to lunch etc. Family, island friends and FTE friends make life's hurdles easier to take. The surgeons said she could be back to work at the medical center in 2 weeks if all goes well. For the last 25 years I haven't missed the Puget Sound Antique Tractor and Machinery's big get together first week in August. This year I'm hoping to at least run over there for the day in the '59. Ravin's been telling me I can still go for the 4 day event, but we'll have to wait and see about that. Truth be told, the older I get, the harder it is loading extremely heavy and greasy machinery onto trucks and flatbed trailers, unloading and loading when I get there, unloading it all when I get home...... This year I just hop in the fridge, roll on over to Lynden, spend a little time with my buddies and catch the last ferry home. I'm sure however everything goes today, I'll be a busy guy til then, as work has really picked up as well. Thank God for all the help in my life. I'll be checking in from time to time. Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:21 PM
theodore/teddy
Refyred
Gary thanks for the update, sounds encouraging. It's good you have friends and family there for support and to visit with. Keep us updated when you can, we will be thinking of you and Ravin.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:51 AM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
She came through the surgery well. 11 hours. They said the tumor was large and well adhered to her nerves and brain stem, but they got it ALL out, so no radiation needed. Other than no hearing on her left side, which we expected, she will have no permanent damage and expects a full recovery. She will have physical therapy to regain her balance, and has some temporary facial paralysis, that they expect to heal within a few months. I got to see her for 5 minutes last night and that went great. Thanks guys. Gary

Old 07-11-2012, 12:07 PM
lwclark
Senior User
"no radiation", "no permanent damage" and "full recovery" are wonderful words to see Gary. I'm happy for you both and wish Ravin a quick and comfortable recovery.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:49 PM
camperspecial65
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats great to hear...we here in the PNW are really fortunate to have such an excellent hospital group with the Hutch and Seattle Childrens as well as Harborview...and this week we have summer too :-)

Im glad all went well with the surgery...

- cs65

Old 07-11-2012, 02:55 PM
theodore/teddy
Refyred
Wawhoo thats great news Gary. Hope that her recovery is quick, and you can get after some of that work that is surely stacking up.

Quick Reply: Finally a front clip