1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

OT Im such an idiot!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 06:32 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
OT Im such an idiot!!!!!!!!!

Its boneified, if you put a flashlite by myleft ear, lite will come out my right. I just wiped my laptop clean, were talking 1,000 plus pics, not to mention everything ive saved from FTE articles and references , internet facts, sellers, the how tos, what fits what and what dosent, tech charts ,wireing diagrams, all indexed ready to help someone else at a moments notice, you name it it is all gone. I was trying to fix how my wife got the screen up side down and mouse same, and messed up. OK i thought I have back up discs just in case, well they wont work I think I was supposed to do a special format b4 burning them. Oh well at least the pics of my tranny build were mostly allready transfered into the album im building about it. Oh well,venting helped, and in 20 years it wont matter anyway, as I wont be here anymore. LOL. Thanks all for letting a guy vent.

Old 06-03-2012, 06:40 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,132 Likes on 2,656 Posts
I'm sure it's all still there and only hidden. Can you restore your computor to an earlier date? I'm not that computor smart but I'm pretty sure that it isn't lost just misplaced in the background.

Old 06-03-2012, 06:44 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is recovery software availble - I downloaded one from Product reviews and prices, software downloads, and tech news - CNET for free - It recovered over 90% of my pictures and documents after I had to wipe my drive to kill a virus - Over 4 Gigs
I think the software was called Pandora

Old 06-03-2012, 06:51 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
My wife recovered my files by Hitting start then going to my computer then hard disk drives. Sometimes it says that the contents of the file are hidden you can click on the left side that says show contents of file. If you haven't completely wiped your computer, your files should be there. You can then make copies and put them back in your documents.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Moe Craig
Cargo Master

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts
I've lost mine before too... and was able to find they all again... Did you reformat your HD? You may want to get an external KD to save copies of all your pics.... Good Luck!

Old 06-03-2012, 07:36 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,841 Likes on 1,840 Posts
Oh Man! What a bummer!

Like the guys have said, all my not be lost, they might still be in there somewhere.

I'll keep my fingers crossed
Bobby

Old 06-03-2012, 09:32 PM
needhelp49
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just do system restore go back to the day before your screen got fliped it should put everything back to the way it was

Old 06-03-2012, 09:41 PM
BadAss Beaver
Senior User
Hey Jimmy don't fret just yet. If the system restore doesn't do the trick you might be able to find a Geek in your area that can get your stuff back. Good luck my friend. Hope it works out for you.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:32 PM
arrowheadfred
Posting Guru
Man i hope you can find it all. I don't have a clue !!! All i can say is what can i say to help ?

Old 06-03-2012, 11:48 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I lost over 5k images when my last laptop took a dive. All of the images were of 48-50 trucks, parts and reference material.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:01 AM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Update, Iv tried all sugestions and got lucky while fooling around with 56 panelfords wifes aproach. I found where the data is hiding on the hard drive under emergency then owner ect., but so far I cant get it to go anyware, but now I know its there ill get it. Thank you all for your input, and 56 panelford please give your wife a hug for me. You are all a great bunch of folks. And smart too.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:41 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by underthebridgejim
Update, Iv tried all sugestions and got lucky while fooling around with 56 panelfords wifes aproach. I found where the data is hiding on the hard drive under emergency then owner ect., but so far I cant get it to go anyware, but now I know its there ill get it. Thank you all for your input, and 56 panelford please give your wife a hug for me. You are all a great bunch of folks. And smart too.
When you get to your hidden files, you can click on the file for example my pictures etc. On the top tool bar there should be the words file, edit and so on. If you hit edit , it will bring down a list which should include copy. You can copy to a flash drive and have a backup of your files in case any further problems arise. Then you will be able to take the files from the flash drive and copy them back on your computer.

Under the list that comes down when you hit edit should be move folder. You can move folder to your documents on the computer. I would recommend that you copy to a flash drive before you do so.

Old 06-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Aarons54f100
Senior User
Not all is lost. Read this article.
How to Recover Deleted Files with Free Software

Using similar methods in the article i have recovered data intentionally deleted from flash drives, dead hard drives, etc. Thes best news you have is that when data is formated or deleted in windows it is only the initial bit that is changed to a 0 and the remainder of the block is left alone ie your data is not really gone until you do something which rewrites the drive or you have deleted and filled the space over and over. Bad news is some things have probably already been written over.

There is software for both your pc and cds in the article.

Old 06-04-2012, 06:51 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Jim, now that you have found them find a Geek and they can restore. You don't want to unknowingly erase them all the way...
Good luck!

Old 06-04-2012, 06:58 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Originally Posted by 51PanelMan
I lost over 5k images when my last laptop took a dive. All of the images were of 48-50 trucks, parts and reference material.
OUCH! Im sorry to here that.

Quick Reply: OT Im such an idiot!!!!!!!!!