Locking lug nuts? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Locking lug nuts?

Old 06-02-2012, 01:33 PM
2ndStroke
Post Fiend
2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation
Locking lug nuts?

My last 2 vehicles came with locking nuts from the dealer, kinda funny the most expensive truck I've bought didn't come with any. First time buying some, so could anybody recommend a good brand or style they like?

Thanks

Old 06-02-2012, 03:25 PM
OffroadSD
Senior User
OffroadSD is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have the gorilla locks on mine. I do not know the part number, Desert Rat here in Mesa, AZ did all the work for me.
Each lug requires a key to remove, so there are a total of 32 lugs.

Old 06-02-2012, 04:35 PM
2ndStroke
Post Fiend
2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by OffroadSD View Post
I have the gorilla locks on mine. I do not know the part number, Desert Rat here in Mesa, AZ did all the work for me.
Each lug requires a key to remove, so there are a total of 32 lugs.
Just looked them up, looks like a good brand, no prices on their website that I could see. I'm thinking I'll do the 32 locking lugs too.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:26 PM
OffroadSD
Senior User
If I remember correctly I think I paid around $90 for the entire set. I also ordered an extra key for $10. I thought it was worth it to slow someone down if they really wanted my wheels.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:36 PM
2ndStroke
Post Fiend
If I remember correctly I think I paid around $90 for the entire set. I also ordered an extra key for $10. I thought it was worth it to slow someone down if they really wanted my wheels.
No 90$ isn't bad at all for a little peace of mind. So one key is used on all your lugs?

Old 06-02-2012, 09:47 PM
DSLPWRD
Posting Guru
DSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to behold
These are the Ford ones that I bought. $46 + $10 shipping.

2011 FORD F-350 SUPER DUTY Parts - Tousley Ford Parts Depot

Old 06-02-2012, 09:51 PM
2ndStroke
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by DSLPWRD View Post
These are the Ford ones that I bought. $46 + $10 shipping.

2011 FORD F-350 SUPER DUTY Parts - Tousley Ford Parts Depot
How many locking nuts did you get with the Ford kit?

I don't think it says on there.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:55 PM
2ndStroke
Post Fiend
Maybe I'll get the Ford kit and the Gorrila kit and really throw some bum off when they try to jack my wheels lol

Old 06-02-2012, 10:00 PM
OffroadSD
Senior User
Originally Posted by 2ndStroke View Post
No 90$ isn't bad at all for a little peace of mind. So one key is used on all your lugs?
Yup, one key for all 32 lugs. It works pretty well.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:04 PM
2ndStroke
Post Fiend
Yup, one key for all 32 lugs. It works pretty well.
Nice, thanks for the info

Old 06-02-2012, 10:07 PM
DSLPWRD
Posting Guru
DSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 2ndStroke View Post
How many locking nuts did you get with the Ford kit?

I don't think it says on there.
4. One per wheel.