Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Code Software

Old 05-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Mark Alligood
Senior User
Mark Alligood is starting off with a positive reputation.
Code Software

I'm looking for a decent code reader for my truck and I wanted to see what opinions I could get from the forum. I'm not a diesel expert by any means so something that is somewhat user friendly is a must. I have kinda been eyeing this one but I'm not sure what to expect from it.

Riffraff Diesel: AutoEnginuity Total Ford Enhanced Bundle

The $400 they want for it is pretty much at the top of my budget for something like this.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:15 PM
BigAlsPSD
Post Fiend
BigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud of
That is about the top of the line, highly recommended and can do nearly anything the dealer can. The only downside is that it is a software so it is PC based, so you have to use a laptop or tote around a desktop, lol. Or a really long amplified cable. Ken(Woodnthings) and Rich(Tugly) have put together some pretty helpful stuff for those using it.

I do not personally have AE, however I have about 5 times the price of it invested in SnapOn diagnostic tools, that I cannot do certain things as efficiently as AE can.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:29 PM
woodnthings
Postmaster
woodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud of
Here is my site with AE How To Stuff

Old 05-22-2012, 08:58 PM
Mark Alligood
Senior User
Mark Alligood is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for the opinions...I think I am going to go with the AE software. I'm sure once I actually get it I'll probably have a crap load of stupid questions.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:03 PM
BigAlsPSD
Post Fiend
BigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud of
Don't be afraid to ask. Many experienced persons on this forum willing to help!

Old 05-22-2012, 09:07 PM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Mark Alligood View Post
Thanks for the opinions...I think I am going to go with the AE software. I'm sure once I actually get it I'll probably have a crap load of stupid questions.
There will be a load of 'em, but they won't be stupid. I felt stupid for not doing this first and start learning sooner. Lots of good tools in there, but you'll need input (as we all do) when it comes time to understanding the full meaning of what the engine is telling you. At least AE will enable you to hear it.