1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Dentsides Ford Truck
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Trying to ship my F 250, again

Old 05-09-2012, 11:18 AM
77blue
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stay away from U-Ship!!!!!!!!! I tried using them earlier this year, contracted with them, paid deposit and then kept me waiting for over 2 weeks with no word. When I contacted them they said they would pick the car up on mon. morning. When I got up that night shipper had cancelled on me. Called cust. service...WHAT A JOKE!!! They said that they can't force any of their shippers to do anything. They also told me "What do you expect, you did choose the lowest bid" I thought that was the purpose of bidding. Told E-bay and BBB they couldn't do anythin either. You are warned... stay away from them!

Old 05-09-2012, 12:06 PM
kevin316
Elder User
Originally Posted by 77blue
Stay away from U-Ship!!!!!!!!! I tried using them earlier this year, contracted with them, paid deposit and then kept me waiting for over 2 weeks with no word. When I contacted them they said they would pick the car up on mon. morning. When I got up that night shipper had cancelled on me. Called cust. service...WHAT A JOKE!!! They said that they can't force any of their shippers to do anything. They also told me "What do you expect, you did choose the lowest bid" I thought that was the purpose of bidding. Told E-bay and BBB they couldn't do anythin either. You are warned... stay away from them!

It's not uship you need to stay away from it is that shipper. Uship is simply a place for shippers and people that need to ship get together.

You need to be clear when you say "kept me waiting" and "when I contacted them". You didn't leave a deposit with uship and they didn't keep you waiting and I don't think it was them that told you they would be there monday morning. Again stay away from the shipper.

For everyone else, who was the shipper that took the load?

Old 05-09-2012, 12:18 PM
jowood
5th Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kevin316
It's not uship you need to stay away from it is that shipper. Uship is simply a place for shippers and people that need to ship get together.

You need to be clear when you say "kept me waiting" and "when I contacted them". You didn't leave a deposit with uship and they didn't keep you waiting and I don't think it was them that told you they would be there monday morning. Again stay away from the shipper.

For everyone else, who was the shipper that took the load?
I think this hits the point here. Brokers and uship act as the middle man between you and the drivers and it seems like much of this depends on how lucky you are, or how good brokers are, at finding reliable drivers at decent price.

Im not sure I like this game very much, but it seems like there no way around it. Risks with brokers and uship involve unreliable drivers, unknown pick-up times, and price haggling (in the favor of drivers).

Im really leaning towards JP Motorsports so far, they seem to be the most reliable as they actually own their own trucks meaning they wont have to spend time looking or negotiating or playing the price game with their drivers, all that is set up up front.

That said, Im still willing to give uship or a broker a shot if I can be assured a good price and service. I will definitely enjoy a big cold beer once I see my F250 put on a truck.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:43 PM
77blue
Junior User
I disagree, U-ship allowed this shipper to contract with the to bid for jobs with no way to force them to carry out their commitments. It left me with negative feedback on E-bay because I wasn't able to get that car out of there fast enough. Over 2hours on phone with U-ship cust service and all they said was it was "my fault" for accepting lowest bid. Most times these days it seems hard to get what you pay for, so when I get screwed over something I take my hard earned $ elsewhere next time. Don't say I didn't warn you about U-ship!

Old 05-09-2012, 02:57 PM
hasteranger
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Youre like the guy who buys something off ebay then gets mad at ebay when a guy scams you. They are only the middle man. Thats like buying something from me in the for sale section then trying to blame FTE when I don't send it to you!

Uship is just a medium. Its a way for you to get bids. Its up to you to do due diligence with your shipper. If someone scams you, contact your bank and have them do a chargeback. Youre better off if you use a credit card since they generally have better fraud protection.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:46 PM
hillbillyk
Laughing Gas
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I lucked out today, last week I talked to another shipping company but could not do anything with them because I was allready under contract. They called me today and said he had a truck in the area and could load me right away so I went with them. I know they are trying to make money but I did not have any deals with him and he remembered me. He was very straight foreward with everything and called a few times to keep me updated. The truck should be here friday and we will see how it ends up. It is going from Memphis TN to Northeast MD for $675. They charged a $200 deposit when the truck was booked and the rest is due on delivery. The company is Fox auto transport 866-560-2436

Chris Gilligan
Fox Auto Transport
866 560 2436
foxautotransport@gmail.com

Old 05-09-2012, 10:14 PM
PapaBearYuma
Cargo Master

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
I bought the brown truck on E-Bay, out of Washington state. I used "Dependable Auto Shippers" to have it brought down (depot to depot). $800, prepaid.

They took an extra week to pick it up, had no tracking, left it halfway for several days, and delivered two weeks late. But I got it. The guy I was dealing with at DAS was a total ***** - never called me back.

One time I shifted my call time by twelve hours and spoke with a very pleasant woman, who was actually helpful. My experience - YMMV

Last edited by PapaBearYuma; 05-09-2012 at 10:15 PM. Reason: fat fingers
Old 06-19-2012, 02:44 PM
jowood
5th Wheeling
Originally Posted by SC'79
JPLOGISTICS and MOTORSPORTS |

very easy to deal with and they have delivered many 100,000$ + cars for a friend in luxury cars gig. Never had any problems
So, my F250 made it to NM! I went with JP Logistics and Motorsports, thanks for the tip!

Here's how it all went down:
I called them up, spoke to at least two people who were pretty helpful. They asked for move dates, origin and destination and dimensions of the truck, and quoted me at $1600 from Philly to Albuquerque NM.

They picked up and delivered my truck door-to-door within the dates I requested with no major issues or problems. Delivered on an open carrier.

The initial driver required some forms which I was not made aware of, and was not sure if he needed the title (which I kept in my possession). Other than these minor issues the pick up was smooth.

En route, the driver called a few days in advance to let me know which day he would deliver, within a 4 hour timeframe, which was helpful so I didn't spend all day waiting. I called him in the am the day of delivery and he answered and confirmed his arrival. I paid $1600 cash on delivery.

They kept their initial quote and considering this is a hi boy long bed truck, the price was similar, if not cheaper, than the brokers. And these guys are not brokers, they own a fleet of trucks. But in my case they hired an independent driver because the route was uncommon, but they seemed to be on top of things with this driver.

Thanks to all you peeps on this forum in helping me figure this shipping out. I don't ever want to have to ship a truck again, but if I do, I'd go with JP again. Thanks guys!

Old 06-19-2012, 04:39 PM
hasteranger
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
damn man, that is a whole lot of money. I understand the truck having sentimental value, though. Glad it all went smoothly.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:11 PM
SC'79
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad it all worked out!

Old 06-19-2012, 09:52 PM
Stinky7-11
Elder User

Just in case anyone else needs. These guy transported my f250 from Az to SW Florida $895.

Global Auto Transportation
Direct Line 818-309-1371
Main Line 818-476-5005
Toll Free 877-645-2288
Tony@globalautotransportation.com

Attached Images  
Old 06-19-2012, 10:20 PM
Bullitt390
Certified Thread Hijacker

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
So, instead of paying $640 in gas to drive the truck you shipped it for $1600? And you still need to find a way to get there?

Josh

Old 06-19-2012, 11:00 PM
jowood
5th Wheeling
Originally Posted by Bullitt390
So, instead of paying $640 in gas to drive the truck you shipped it for $1600? And you still need to find a way to get there?

Josh
Gas alone would have been more like $800, plus hotels, food, etc, not to mention any mechanical issues that might occur on the road. Plus I didnt really feel like putting 1900 miles on the truck. Expensive for sure, but considering my options, was relatively reasonable. Think I overpaid?

Old 06-19-2012, 11:13 PM
Bullitt390
Certified Thread Hijacker

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by jowood
Think I overpaid?
I think you overpaid by at least double IMHO

The thing with driving the truck that distance is the experience. I used to drive back to Kansas to visit relatives in my 74 F100 and doing 100+ on I-70 was a blast.

1900 miles isn't that much in terms of distance either. 2 day trip, which means one hotel stay or just camp out in a Super Walmart parking lot.

Josh

Old 06-19-2012, 11:24 PM
Pickupmanx2
Logistics Pro
Received 238 Likes on 183 Posts
Glad to hear!!! JPLOGISTICS and MOTORSPORTS | I will keep their number,, I too used Uship,, talk about a ROYAL PITA!!! 1st time,, went ok,,, shipping my 66 F250 to Boston MA from Coarsegold CA,,, 1200 and change,, the second time,, trying to go to MD,,,, ended up refunding the buyers money minus a few bucks cause he couldn't get anything,,, ended up selling the truck to a guy in Canada because he was driving it home,,, sometimes,,, LOT's of times,, IMHO a few extra bucks is worth the piece of mind and not having to deal with drama and the hassles!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trying to ship my F 250, again