1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why can't we be friends

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 12:57 AM
brickie
Cargo Master
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Why can't we be friends

Gasser or diesel,why all the arguing?Seems every week it's the same crap,gasser diesel 7.3-6.7. oh no its the v-ten..Were all Ford people,do we have to all ways have to have a pizzin match about the other guys engine.Together we stand.. divided we fall.Cheers to my blue blooded brothers,all the best from this brickie even you 6.0 bashers

Old 04-22-2012, 01:29 AM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
It is because people speak of things they know nothing....

Welcome to the internet....

Old 04-22-2012, 06:13 AM
rjfetz1
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I suppose my 5.4 can a diesel owner. Once and only once though... All the best to you too.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:22 AM
skip mitchell
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a V10 and love it,I love the torque of the diesel,the only thing I hate about them is when you fuel them and happen to get some diesel fuel on you you have diesel perfume on you all day,with gas it evaporates quickly and not so much smell.

Old 04-22-2012, 07:29 AM
rjfetz1
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by skip mitchell
I have a V10 and love it,I love the torque of the diesel,the only thing I hate about them is when you fuel them and happen to get some diesel fuel on you you have diesel perfume on you all day,with gas it evaporates quickly and not so much smell.
oh no, here we go again........

This thread is not about gas vs. diesel.....

Old 04-22-2012, 07:39 AM
kd0axs
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by brickie
Gasser or diesel,why all the arguing?Seems every week it's the same crap,gasser diesel 7.3-6.7. oh no its the v-ten..Were all Ford people,do we have to all ways have to have a pizzin match about the other guys engine.Together we stand.. divided we fall.Cheers to my blue blooded brothers,all the best from this brickie even you 6.0 bashers
It's because there are a select few people here that are too ignorant to realize that one is not better than the other 100% of the time.

There is one person in particular (not naming names, but not too hard to figure out) that always seems to get involved whenever the gas vs diesel question comes up and always seems to turn a constructive conversation in to an all out argument, and will even go as far as throwing out personal insults if you don't agree with him. This person also likes to go into threads and make them a gas vs diesel argument when they had nothing to do with it in the first place.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:10 AM
PA-Mark
Posting Guru

I have pondered this same question, and have come up with a theory... My idea is that it comes down to the numbers, combined with the stupitity of ***** envy.

Numbers like, V10 is bigger than V8, sooooo must be better. or 6.4/6.7 is bigger than 6.2 soooo must be better. Or even worse yet! "I (not me btw) spent 62K on my truck, and you only spent 50K so mine has got to be better"

So in my opinion it resides in the numbers, combined with dumb boys and a lack of self esteem.

Just an opinion, if this fits you, im sure i will get a flaming reply....

WOW, the word Pen1s is to harsh for this forum... are we 12years old

Old 04-22-2012, 08:43 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Useful related information for forum readers: [LINK]

Old 04-22-2012, 09:03 AM
Parts Jimmy
Senior User
I like all of them. Especially the 7.3 and V10.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:16 AM
Sand_Man
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kd0axs
It's because there are a select few people here that are too ignorant to realize that one is not better than the other 100% of the time.

There is one person in particular (not naming names, but not too hard to figure out) that always seems to get involved whenever the gas vs diesel question comes up and always seems to turn a constructive conversation in to an all out argument, and will even go as far as throwing out personal insults if you don't agree with him. This person also likes to go into threads and make them a gas vs diesel argument when they had nothing to do with it in the first place.
This is exactly true. Go read ANY gas vs diesel peeing contest and you'll see one name show up in every single one. I occasionally visit the diesel forums just to keep up on what's going on with diesels because I like learning about stuff. Yet I have never see this guy offer advice to help out, yat I constantly see him spouting off volumes of his brand of knowledge in both general threads and V10 threads. He is the definition of a troll and since I put his name on an "ignore" list, I enjoy this website for what it really is, a place where good people can share information about Ford trucks, whatever the owner's choice in engines.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:25 AM
fxdtracy
New User
The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Down with GMC and Dodge! As a brand spankin new member with a new to me F250 V10 I'd just like to say absolutely nothing.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:36 AM
Sand_Man
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
See, there's another problem. My Dad owns an '07 Dodge with the 6.7 Cummins and I like it! It pulls great, gets great mileage and is stone reliable. How can I hate that? It's not just the motor either, the doors and tailgate open and close much nicer than the ones on my Ford and the brakes are better. I think modern all trucks have their good points, which is why no matter the truck brand or engine, you'll find a niche of owners who feel they are the best and guess what, they are right! Whatever works best for the guy that paid for it IS the best.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:46 AM
Cold One
Senior User

If their was one truck truly better we would all be driving it! My best friend was the biggest blue blood out there when I drove chevys. Now I have fords and he has a chevy. We are both happy and still pick on each other. Its fun to a point but we know when to quit. I usally stop reading the threads with its gets to mine is better. Honestly does anybody care? But when I see others broke down I still do what I can to help!

Old 04-22-2012, 09:48 AM
Quad Racer
Cargo Master
Received 138 Likes on 104 Posts
Here, here Brickie!
I have noticed it too and on the rise lately. It's not just the gas v diesel threads anymore.......Truce.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:50 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,118 Likes on 2,174 Posts
i think it is that some people simply refuse to accept the fact that other people have an opinion other than theirs.

Last edited by glruff; 04-24-2012 at 11:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Why can't we be friends