6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Dads Stolen F250 Recovered, Now No More Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 07:45 PM
kjf-250
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dads Stolen F250 Recovered, Now No More Tuner

Okay so my dads 2007 F250 got stolen out of a hotel parking lot in the Miami/Hialeah FL area about two weeks ago. Much to my surprise, they actually recovered the truck 3 days later, except it was pretty much stripped down. All the seats, airbags, front header panel, lights, bumpers, tailgate, grille, wheels/tires, plus about $2000 worth of tools all gone, as well as his SCT custom tuner from innovative diesel. Even more surprising is that the insurance company is going to spend $17,000 in repairs to fix a 5 year old truck with 200,000 miles on it. His question is that is there anyway for him to remove the tuner from the truck without the actual programmer? I'm pretty sure that it was on street setting. I figured that the dealer could reflash it to stock, but that would leave him tuner-less. I didn't know if there was a way that a new programmer from SCT could be programed to accept his custom tunes. I know he would like the ability to return it to stock for troubleshooting/dealer issues but not lose his tunes. And for kicks and giggles, here are some pictures of it now...

Old 04-18-2012, 07:55 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts
that sucks what *******s

folks work so hard for there stuff and some Dicks do this

I beleive these Fords are really easy to steal so he needs to consider an antitheift device

My alarm will notify me And then I can Notify the *********S with my 45 Glock if they have the ***** To Hang there a Minute

the way that thing is stripped had to be an Autobody shop needing parts for a wreck Had to who eles would steal a AirBag

Bet its a shop Close to where it was recovered

Old 04-18-2012, 08:15 PM
kjf-250
Senior User
Yeah I figure they had to have an order to fill for those parts because there was lots of other things they could have taken. They also took the factory 20's off and put those 16's from a 99-04 model super duty on it, which means they had other parts as well. They also broke a tie rod end and who knows what else driving it around in 4-Low on rims with slashed tires it appears. My dad was most certainly pissed. Thing was he didn't know it until the next morning when he woke up and the truck was gone. The two security guards at the hotel claimed they saw nothing.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:44 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Tell him to look at a Python or viper alarm Directed electronics make them they have a Pager on the keychain to notify it worked upto a Mile away 3-4years ago so might be even further now

my keychain will tell me whats going on with it broken window or door open if its running if the hood is opened if it vibrated it kinda learns as it goes so its not constantly going off from like a Busy road or something triggering a false alarms but whatever its pretty neat

it works great cuz nobody cares but the owner so a Paging system is the way to go

Even a little toggle switch to starter to kill it somewhere out the way is cheap and easy Hind sight 20/20

one thing they wont sit and try to get it going if they have an alarm they dont even try that goes off and its over they have to leave area

I bet the theif was in and gone FAST I bet they took it as fast as you could jump in and go with a Key Fast

Old 04-18-2012, 08:54 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
oh ya had a few other things to remote start, turbo cool timer,set it to start and cycle engine on a schedule

I had that last one happen to me I didnt know it I hit the wrong buttons anyway went to sleep and woke up in middle night and thought I could hear it running yep shure enough it was running cycling on timer schedule I thought someone was stealing it LOL but its impossible to steal even if its running hit the brake to shift in gear and its all over KiLLS IT

Probably a few other features I cant think of right now they are alittle spendy but worth it My Car insurance is cheaper because it has an alarm to something to think about

Old 04-18-2012, 09:13 PM
raptor131
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. But Hialeah is not a place I would park my truck overnight. Locks only keep honest people honest. I just repaired a fellows sliding door after someone used a crow bar and broke the latch to get into his house. His comment to me was, I wish I had my gun. I said, what good would a gun do? You weren't here. Vote for Obama, it will only get better

Old 04-18-2012, 09:26 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Some also go with the Revelco anti theift device but its way overpriced IMO IIRC it was 400-500 for it installed

But my alarm was 600-700.00 and does way more Im shure he would Love it

But its impossible to start with the Revelco plug or would take along time to rewire it to start they wouldnt mess with that
with the revelco they wont steal the truck but they could Steal anything in it

another Guy here made his own Revelco type device for cheap like 50.00 or less

Old 04-18-2012, 09:28 PM
kjf-250
Senior User
Originally Posted by BLADE35
Tell him to look at a Python or viper alarm Directed electronics make them they have a Pager on the keychain to notify it worked upto a Mile away 3-4years ago so might be even further now

my keychain will tell me whats going on with it broken window or door open if its running if the hood is opened if it vibrated it kinda learns as it goes so its not constantly going off from like a Busy road or something triggering a false alarms but whatever its pretty neat

it works great cuz nobody cares but the owner so a Paging system is the way to go

Even a little toggle switch to starter to kill it somewhere out the way is cheap and easy Hind sight 20/20

one thing they wont sit and try to get it going if they have an alarm they dont even try that goes off and its over they have to leave area

I bet the theif was in and gone FAST I bet they took it as fast as you could jump in and go with a Key Fast
Yeah I think he will defiantly look into that. I might even think about getting one for my truck. Although I think if they want it bad enough they will take it. And I'm sure they were in it fast seeing as the security guards didn't even notice.

Originally Posted by raptor131
Sorry to hear about that. But Hialeah is not a place I would park my truck overnight. Locks only keep honest people honest. I just repaired a fellows sliding door after someone used a crow bar and broke the latch to get into his house. His comment to me was, I wish I had my gun. I said, what good would a gun do? You weren't here. Vote for Obama, it will only get better
Yeah I think he has figured that out. Haha. He is in the construction business and they have a lot of work around that area but I guarantee he won't be staying anywhere around there again. There were two other company F-250s in the same parking lot that were his but thank goodness they only took one of them and not all 3.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:52 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Originally Posted by kjf-250
Although I think if they want it bad enough they will take it..
With a antitheift device They would have to Tow it away. Not real likely they would go to that extreme.

Originally Posted by kjf-250
And I'm sure they were in it fast seeing as the security guards didn't even notice. .

Hotel Security Gaurds actualy catching a crime would be a miricle. I worked for a hotel chain for along time very Rare they would catch anything

Old 04-18-2012, 10:43 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
What exactly is your question about the programmer?

Was it stolen?

If so, your dads tunes have to be re-written. Tunes are coded to a certain PCM strategy, AND the serial # of the tuner

Have Ford reflash the PCM to stock. Your dad will have to order up new tunes. He can tell Innovative about what happened and see of they'll resend him tunes with the new tuner serial. Can't hurt to ask.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:21 AM
2006powerstroke90
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What scumbags

Old 04-19-2012, 05:27 AM
kjf-250
Senior User
Originally Posted by Tylus
What exactly is your question about the programmer?

Was it stolen?

If so, your dads tunes have to be re-written. Tunes are coded to a certain PCM strategy, AND the serial # of the tuner

Have Ford reflash the PCM to stock. Your dad will have to order up new tunes. He can tell Innovative about what happened and see of they'll resend him tunes with the new tuner serial. Can't hurt to ask.
Yes that is what he was wanting to know. His tuner was behind the seat, and they stole it along with all his tools including the toolbox in the bed. And thanks for the advice, I'll tell him to give innovative a call and see what that say. I just didn't know if the tunes would have to be re-written or if there was some way to force them onto a new programmer seeing as they are still on my computer.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:38 AM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts
Basically he'll just have to start over. The tunes are serial # locked to the tuner so what's on your computer won't work on any other tuner. Have the truck reflashed at Ford, reread the strategy with the new tuner and have the tunes resent from whoever you buy the tuner from.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:41 AM
kjf-250
Senior User
Originally Posted by npccpartsman
Basically he'll just have to start over. The tunes are serial # locked to the tuner so what's on your computer won't work on any other tuner. Have the truck reflashed at Ford, reread the strategy with the new tuner and have the tunes resent from whoever you buy the tuner from.
Thanks for the advice that's what I was thinking! We'll make some calls to innovative and see what they say...in they ever get the truck fixed that is. It's been setting like that for about a week now. The insurance company doesn't believe (or doesn't want to believe) that the truck had 20 inch wheels on it despite it saying so on the door sticker and my dad sending them a picture of it before. So he's currently going around with them about that...

Old 04-19-2012, 07:09 AM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts
I can't believe that the % of repair cost isn't over the limit of what state law says is a total loss. In most states that is 60-70%. Have you run the numbers on KBB or NADA to obtain the value of the vehicle? I think it could easily become a total with as much damage/loss as that vehicle has. Who is the insurance company?? AFA the wheels go, the VIN # or any pictures could be used as evidence of what wheels/tires it had on it.

Quick Reply: Dads Stolen F250 Recovered, Now No More Tuner