6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Edge CTS problem......won't connect..

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 06:27 PM
guntruck
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge CTS problem......won't connect..

Hey all.......So after I decided to NOT use the Edge Juice module I figured I would go ahead and do the install on the CTS to monitor stuff. It went well and looks great only when it comes on it wont connect. Says unplug and plug back in but no matter what it seems as if its not reading from the OBD port. ANy ideas?I think theres only like 7 or 8 connections on the truck side a couple seemed corroded slightly but nothing major. So i tried to clean em up and still no go...........Has anyone run into this b4 or heard of it happening to anyone? Any help would be appreciated and thanks!

Old 03-31-2012, 08:17 PM
Piolet
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can you plug it into another vehicle to see if it works on a different car/truck?
That'll rule out the device itself or the OBD on your truck.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:55 AM
guntruck
New User
Originally Posted by Piolet
Can you plug it into another vehicle to see if it works on a different car/truck?
That'll rule out the device itself or the OBD on your truck.
Turns out I have to have the juice module hooked up for it to work, I planned on using it for guages only and the SCT but now I have to hook up the juice..........

Old 04-01-2012, 09:23 AM
dchamberlain
Lead Driver

Received 664 Likes on 424 Posts
There is no reason why you should have to have the Juice module hooked up in order for a CTS to work. I would be calling Edge tech support.

Or is it the Attitude monitor you have, not the CTS?

Old 04-01-2012, 10:21 AM
guntruck
New User
Originally Posted by dchamberlain
There is no reason why you should have to have the Juice module hooked up in order for a CTS to work. I would be calling Edge tech support.

Or is it the Attitude monitor you have, not the CTS?
Nope its the CTS.......I had an older juice with attitude, bought the upgrade to CTS. Then found out wouldnt work with my old module so gave them 100$ and new module is on its way. Since Im using the SCT I figured no need to wait for juice module cause I aint using it so Ill install the CTS. But no go a couple other guys on other forums told me I need the module for this to work. I dont understand how I can just plug into the OBDII and have it work, ill call edge in the morning for clarity.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:38 AM
dchamberlain
Lead Driver

Received 664 Likes on 424 Posts
The CTS is a stand alone monitor. There are tons of people who just buy it and use it. Unless it recognized the juice and set an internal parameter so it could work properly with it, there is no reason it should need the Juice.

Definitely call Edge. They may very well have you plug it into the USB port on your computer and run there software. They can look at what it has in it, do an upgrade if necessary and reconfiguration and it'll probably work fine.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:06 AM
guntruck
New User
Originally Posted by dchamberlain
The CTS is a stand alone monitor. There are tons of people who just buy it and use it. Unless it recognized the juice and set an internal parameter so it could work properly with it, there is no reason it should need the Juice.

Definitely call Edge. They may very well have you plug it into the USB port on your computer and run there software. They can look at what it has in it, do an upgrade if necessary and reconfiguration and it'll probably work fine.
WHat you just said is exactly what I was thinking, because I bought it as an upgrade for the Juice with attitude it may be programmed to work with it. With any luck they can do some mod to the program and let it just be a stand alone monitor.

Thanks for the input!