6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Wrecked Truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 06:13 AM
dbc001
Tuned

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts
And oh yes almost forgot ....... I would guess the HPFP would be ok

Old 03-31-2012, 06:24 AM
darren32
Lead Driver

Received 736 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by dbc001
Once you advise the docs of a pass out your license may be suspended ..... At least here in Ontario it would be. .

Ya, that is a real tough one.......
They suspended my licence for PSVT (Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia) because I pass out when it happens (and usually wake up in an ambulance with a guy on top of me with the paddles LOL). At least up here in Canada, once they take it, it's a REAL BTCH to get back. From my experience, yes you need to take care of your health but it is FAR easier to do what you can to keep your licence than to have it taken and try to get it back!

Good luck

Old 03-31-2012, 07:53 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,198 Likes on 573 Posts
Had very a very similar level of damage a few years back. We had just bought the wife a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. Jeep was in financial straights and offered an unprecedented 8k in rebates, plus 500 military, plus we got it at invoice. 44.5k car for around 31.5k! Anyways, with less than 3k on the clock, a guy runs a stop sigh while fighting with his lady on the cell phone.... at about 40-50! Same corner as your truck got crunched. I was thinking what many other posters here, that it would never be the same and that we would at least try to keep it for a year before trading. Well, we got it back a month later and almost 25k in repairs. To my surprise it was 100% perfect. Never a noise, a pull, a shimmy, nothing. And the body guy I use did a much better job than the factory with the paint. So, maybe we are the exception, but ours came back better than before. So, take care of yourself and give the truck a chance. You may be surprised.

PS: To close out my story, we kept the Jeep for three years and got 25500 in trade. The wife got about 7k from the insurance company for her bumps, bruises, and an ear problem she ended up with. So, after three years we came out 1k ahead... Cheapest ownership experience to date. lol.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:59 AM
AMEC Electric LLC
More Turbo
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Grunttorque
Glad you are ok. I fixed this truck a few years ago.. it took us over a month. Make sure you research the body shop go online and read reviews or ask around town. Ask for before and after frame specs and four wheel alignment specs. Tell them you dont want any aftermarket parts and tell them you will be picky and to tell them to tell their tech that. Be firm but not mean That should get them to do it correct. Hope that helps a little!
Ahhh man that sucks! Glad you are ok. I agree with Grunt....

Old 03-31-2012, 08:24 AM
Hdslider
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ditto on fixing you 1st... The truck is repairable.definitly search a very good repair facility. and like said before and to include myself. body shop we use always comes back loking better than before, there paint work makes factory paint job suck.but never have ever had a color blend problem. Time wise will all depend on getting all the parts.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:51 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I am very sorry that you have to go through the health issue and the truck issue. If you have any trouble keeping your spirits up you have lots of friends here. Don't hesitate to contact anyone if you need a place to vent, etc.... (hate to speak for everyone but I think it's ok in this case).

Good luck, all my best out to you and yours. Very relieved to see that you are ok after that wreck.

Did you have to buy the pole that got hit? Go carve your name in it!

Old 03-31-2012, 09:56 AM
WK15
More Turbo
Received 117 Likes on 75 Posts
It's good to hear that you are ok after the accident. The truck can be repaired and or replaced. It's a material thing. You being a Spouse, Father, Son are not easily replaced. Ensure you visit a doctor to rule out any underlying issues that could be present or manifesting.

Sorry to hear about the accident but get checked out. It's important.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:48 AM
los341
Senior User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm glad to hear that you're OK. Based on my past experiences, I recommend getting the frame and chassis alignment done by the most highly recommended alignment shop you can find, even if it's not the same shop doing the mechanical and body work. For that matter, you may even need to split of the mechanical and body work. Consider getting all mechanical work done by a Ford dealership, and body whoever is most highly recommended for that. Replace everything that's broken or bent with original Ford parts. Make sure they don't use aftermarket or re-manufactured parts.

Best of luck,
Carl

Old 03-31-2012, 12:24 PM
CascadeF250
Tuned
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Sorry for your accident. Thankfully you are OK. I agree with others take care of your health first. Have you been taking any new medications ? You had some good luck along with your bad luck. Truck did its job of protecting you.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:58 PM
Tuxedo Scorpion
Fleet Mechanic
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Like the other have said, GLAD YOUR OK, FORGET ABOUT THE TRUCK. Its just a thing and things are replaceable. You sir, are not.

Get yourself right, everything else will follow.

One thing I believe in, is once a car is wrecked or hit or whatever, it will never ever be the same.

It probably saved your life, and for that be grateful. But id sell it and start fresh.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:07 PM
paul100
Senior User
As with everyone else I too am glad you are OK, and suggest you visit a doctor to understand the passing out thing....

Now about that pole, I think there is an insurance pole conspiracy, 'cause every time I hear about someones accident there is always a pole involved. Why is it that cars always pick the one spot in a 1000 feet of clearing where there is a pole to leave the roadway? When I was younger I drove a tractor on a farm, about 5 miles up the road there was an Acura dealership, we had a field that bordered the road for several hundred feet, there was exactly one telephone pole in the middle of that stretch of road everything else was flat farm ground, salesman showing a potential buyer "what the car can do", loses control and hits said pole? I say, it's got to be a conspiracy....

Old 03-31-2012, 07:46 PM
CornTruckDriver
Posting Guru

I would sell the truck and use the oppertunity to make any changes that I wanted. I dont know how you do it without fixing it first though, unless its totaled. It doesnt look like it though. What will happen with the HIDs though?

Old 03-31-2012, 08:58 PM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,566 Likes on 731 Posts
If it's not fixable, then let them total it. If they can fix it, just get them to fix it right My nephew runs a business buying wrecks and fixing them, And he has put out some great repaired cars.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:24 AM
Shelby-GT-500
Senior User
As everyone else has said, I am also glad you are OK! We love our trucks but the units operating these things are the most important!

I don't think you will have any choice in this matter. If it does not cost more to fix than the value the ins company will most likely make you fix it. I have not had good luck with repaired vehicles. My dad an I used toe rebuild wrecks with a friend that owned a shop. We kept a couple for us and they always seemed to have issues down the road. I have also bought used and found out later they had been wrecked. These ended up have trouble as well.

On a side not If you do have it repaired and don't like it, it will be worth less because people will pull a Carfax. The insurance company may give you a check for diminished value if you sell or trade it after the repair. This will help to cover the reduced value of the truck. You should ask your agent about that just in case you do not like the truck after the repair.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:13 AM
lexustbs
Laughing Gas
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Thanks everybody for the warm wishes. The way it looks now is I will just have to keep the truck and drive it. I just hope they fix it right and I never have more problems out of it. The bodyshop told me it would take them 2 weeks to fix it? I thought that sounded really fast. I'm driving a Ford ranger right now and I am about to go crazy! I am very lucky to have another vehicle to drive, but going from a superduty to a ranger is just oo much for this ol boy to handle.

Quick Reply: Wrecked Truck