Sponsored by:

Arctic's 85 Bronco Thread. Ya We Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 02:19 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
Haha ya, i'll see when i get there. Tomorrow if the weather permits i can go, today it would rain for an hour and the sun would come out then 5 minutes later more rain...
Sounds like here, If ya don't like the weather than wait 5 minutes and it will change. Just that here ya have to add the constant wind. Like Little Chicago. Although today was sunny and calm. Was damn nice and a beautiful evening. Just got back from taking the GF home. We almost went for a night walk on the beach. Gonna have a bon fire party down there tomorrow night if the weather holds. Night all.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:56 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right on, glad to hear you had a good night with the old lady. Today it wasn't too bad and i washed both my moms car and my truck (pics on my thread) But shortly after i started mine it began to rain a bit. Plus it was my moms birthday today so i stuck around. Have fun with the bon fire and remember if it is flammable it will be thrown in the fire I also learned brake cleaner, and ATF are lots of fun in a fire :O

Old 04-07-2012, 01:55 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Just got home from the beach fire. What a blast. Just enough wind to fuel a really hot fire. Lots of hot dogs and smores.. Lost my glasses, My pup, ( he'll be at the door soon) But had a great time. Full moon the light up the sky. Was a really nice day. I got turned around going over the bypass spur this morning. Finally found my way through. When we got out we fine they had just graded the south side road and we didn't have to use the bypass. But it was a great drive and seen lots of wild life. Was a nice sunny day.

Old 04-07-2012, 02:25 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Thats cool, sounds like fun. I have a small metal fire bowl type thing i can start a fire in once in a while, though i am a fire bug and love to play with it i can't seem to get one started for the life of me... I tried everything i knew but couldn't get enough coals to keep it hot... Oh well maybe when it warms up and everything drys out it will work better.

Old 04-07-2012, 02:32 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Take the tumbler/drum thing from a big dryer or washer. With a 4 inch grinder cut the big arbor shaft thing out if it has it and build a fire in it. With the holes in the side it drafts super and ya can pack it with ya from camp site to camp site.

Old 04-07-2012, 03:02 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Ah ya, thats not a bad idea if i had a washer to pick from. I have a nice ?gallon drum i use for my garbage in my room that would work nice if i cut in 1/3 and drilled holes in it the same but i am using it for more important stuff But i get the idea.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:25 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Hey Guys, Bill? On the inside passenger door window is an anti rattle rubber wiper thing, Right. Well on mine some of the clips are MIA. And one don't line up with the attaching hole in door. I think I can relocate the one clip and make it work for now. Is the complete assembly available? Or better yet just the clips. I went through what Napa had in there books and no luck there at all. But they do have some clips that supprized me like the side molding clips that would work on a 55 town sedan. Go figure.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:29 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Tomorrow I put the Bronco to the test. I am renting an auto transport to haul an S10 from Craig to Kasaan. Than one of my Rangers about half way back. By renting on Friday I get the weekend free as long as I get it back on Monday. I will take it back after I drop off the Ranger. So a $100.00 for three days aint bad at all. I just hope the 351 HO will hold up. I plan to push it hard so as to either make it or break it.

Now about half of this two hour one way tow will be on very hilly logging roads.

I also just ordered the Warn Premium hub kits from Bronco Graveyard. I should have them next week for about $120.00. Nice folks and easy to do business with. I wonder if I could a got a discount if I told them I am a member of FTE.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Edgethis
Lead Driver
Received 379 Likes on 285 Posts
They are a sponsor here so you'd think you could score a discount. You shouldn't havae a shortage of power, however the short Bronco wheelbase isn't the best for towing heavy loads.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:56 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
It's just a S10. There can't be much metal in it. Now towing back the Ranger may be different.

Old 04-12-2012, 03:10 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Nah the engine and bronco in a whole will be fine, I think as long as you leave your bronco at stock height and don't lift it 10 inches you should be fine. Those trucks (S10 and ranger) are fairly light and shouldn't pose much of an issue. I would be more concerned about running out of gas O.o

Old 04-12-2012, 03:46 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
She has like a 32 gallon tank. And because the gauge don't work I pack a two gallon jug with me.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:37 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Ah haha, i need to find a jerry can or something to pack about 5 gallons. If i ever get stranded while camping or something i will have a back up.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:07 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
I got two milk crates bungee corded in the back and pack some tools, parts and small gas can.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:44 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
I have 2 toolboxes, one with different types of wiring and pliers and hammers and tapes etc. Then i have a plastic folding one with tools in it. No real spare parts though and i haven't found a gas can that will be sealed, i don't trust a bottle with a twist cap to hold.

Quick Reply: Arctic's 85 Bronco Thread. Ya We Need Help