Offroad & 4x4
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Confused about taperd blocks vs non tapered.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 08:17 AM
PA-Mark
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alpha/omega
I dont think any of this is flaming. Its pointing out fact.

Youre right, the OP didnt ask anything outside of explaining the difference between tapered and square blocks. If he absolutely must use blocks the tapered ones would be a better choice. This does not negate the fact that 6" blocks in the rear is a very bad idea and should be avoided.

Id much rather see someone run 33-35s on a properly built truck than someone showing off on 40s with 6" blocks and some **** poor components. It doesnt matter the make, model, year or budget...ANYONE can build a truck within their means that is reliable and safe...it just might not be as big as the rest of the goobers in the high school parking lot
I too feel the same way. Sorry if I took it farther than it needed to go.

Ok to the OP... if he is still here... Here is some great info to give you some basics. When ever you lift and modify you truck, there are many variables you need to consider, pinion angle is one
Jeepwire.Com Presents: Setting Your Pinion Angle

Old 03-27-2012, 08:38 AM
PA-Mark
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by Truckin4life
Uhm....
It was handled pretty well... Life isn't all sunshine and butterflies here people, if your going to get your feelings hurt by some "mean guy" on the internet. You should probably consider locking your self in a closet.

When people come through here a few times a week and ask the same 6 ignorant questions. It starts to grind on your nerves and you get replies like "alpha/omega" gave.
Why sugar coat it every time?/
Hea Don, Hows it going? Ok soooooo every hobby, or activity, or lifestyle, or call it what you choose is going to have noobs...If you dont like noobs asking the same questions every other week (I go through the same thing over in the section I hang out in) just ignor them.

Or post some info in the tech folder and refer them to that, but the bottom line is this is a community, and some times it does take a village to raise an idiot. To ailinate someone to the point where they dont ask the "dumb" questions and end up driving around the same streets as you With that poorly built/maintained truck.

Just my opinion, Nothing says its correct...

Old 03-28-2012, 10:08 PM
njneer1
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by PA-Mark
Hea Don, Hows it going? Ok soooooo every hobby, or activity, or lifestyle, or call it what you choose is going to have noobs...If you dont like noobs asking the same questions every other week (I go through the same thing over in the section I hang out in) just ignor them.

Or post some info in the tech folder and refer them to that, but the bottom line is this is a community, and some times it does take a village to raise an idiot. To ailinate someone to the point where they dont ask the "dumb" questions and end up driving around the same streets as you With that poorly built/maintained truck.

Just my opinion, Nothing says its correct...

You have a very valid point and you are 100% correct........but most everybody in this forum is a tough guy that knows all there is to know....about most everything......that is what I have found out......but I like it cause I get to complain about that !