1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

If I don't find a job soon, my F1 will have to go!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 06:33 PM
Moe Craig
Cargo Master

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts
If I don't find a job soon, my F1 will have to go!

Well money is tight.... And if things don't get better soon I'm going to have to sell mine.... If I do it's going to break my heart...

Old 03-15-2012, 06:39 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Crap Moe, Thats no good! Hang in There. Something will find you.

Last I heard in the news was that more jobs are being created? I don't know but here in Utah my work went from 7 of us in the Survey Dept in 1998 slowly decline to just me over the last year and a half. (less a little bit of help last summer for a couple months) If we get any slower I'll be in the same boat but so far I've been keeping myself somewhat busy but I'll go 3 weeks like crazy then 2 weeks wondering what to de next?

You will find something, What area's of work are you looking at?

Josh

Old 03-15-2012, 07:20 PM
Stephen67
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Yeah I know that one, seems no matter what I do it's not enough money in the end. I'm just hoping to move while I still can. Might look at heading to Texas, seems a lot of folks are finding work there.

A thought over selling the truck, it can always just sit there. Doesn't need to be insured or worked on.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:25 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Sorry to hear this. I hope you find something soon. What line of work?

Don't do anything rash! That's gotta be a last resort. Like Stephen said, it doesn't have to be a drain... unless it's your daily driver. But then you need to drive something.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:40 PM
needhelp49
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what do you do for a living you can try tel-com there main office is in st cloud mn there doing fiber to the home for century in az

Old 03-15-2012, 08:04 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The job creators are getting richer and richer, hopefully some jobs will surface for you soon. What do you do?

Old 03-15-2012, 08:23 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Man things are getting real upside down, there arnt any more retirement plans for this generation,If you get a job they wont let you work over 32 hours, so you wont get benefits, the jobs went over seas, I schooled my son on what to do to insure a future, he did what i sujusted, but he and all working folks have been scr(worked)ed over .Heck ive recently cosidered selling my truck to pay the bills, but decided against it. Hang in there guys, when we give up hope, and faith, thats when were in trouble. Enjoy your families, when families stick together they can weather any storm. Remember those poor folks from the dust bowel. MY prayers are with you Moe and Stephen,dont give up.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:29 PM
ZOOT
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Moe, it must be esp cause it's been eight months that I've been out of work and I can relate to how you feel. I remember posting a similar subject some months ago and you were one of the FTE family who encouraged me not to sell my F1. I think you said you do CAD work? You must be in the wrong part of the country because around here you could find work quickly. My problem is my age and the major changes in the industry I've been working in for 35 years.
In the end my wife,who is still working, wouldn't let me sell it but eight months later and .......well I guess someone gonna have to talk both of us out of selling our pride and joy.
Being out of work is a very difficult situation. From your posts you seem like a very positive guy. Hang in there. If you sell your truck, you'll probably find a job and be kicking yourself in the butt. You're not going to find another F1, there getting harder to find as project trucks. I guess I'm trying to convince both of us. Just think what will you do if you have nothing to post on FTE.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:45 PM
Moe Craig
Cargo Master

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I am trying to hang on...

I've done a little of everything... But I'm a draftsman (civil & manufacuring) by trade, Civil inspector, and done survey. Grown up in construction.

Been out of full time work for over a year... Did some part time work for a company managing on their property. In the 5 months of being there;
  1. When I took it over it was 50% and most of the other tenants weren't happy.
  2. Made repairs that satified the Health Department (City and State) and re-opened the pool
  3. Cleaned up the place grounds and empty apartments
  4. Repaired and updated grounds and apartments
  5. Brought the Occupency up to 90% (after I was received a text, that they didn't want me to do anything until the called me), the last one was rented.
I have exhausted all my savings. I might have to sell it to have some money to keep living.... Monthly payments on DD... Insurance on DD... Daughter is in college and so her truck is on my insurance... Registration is due on DD next month...

Old 03-15-2012, 08:46 PM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Received 290 Likes on 168 Posts
Moe

This sucks rocks. Hoping things work out.

DW

Old 03-15-2012, 09:14 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
I dont know how things go, but is there a way those of us that wanted to or could do, could send $1, 5, $10 to to help out? As a group we can do anything,

Old 03-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Moe Craig
Cargo Master

Originally Posted by underthebridgejim
I don't know how things go, but is there a way those of us that wanted to or could do, could send $1, 5, $10 to to help out? As a group we can do anything,
Thanks Jim, but no thank you! I'm not asking for a hand-out, nor could I accept one. That wasn't how I was raised. I have friends that have offered to help me out but sometimes we all have to throw in the towel. I'm a couple months away from the point of putting it up for sell. I'm just fore-warning everyone that if things don't pick up I might have mine on the chopping block soon... I don't want to, but times are hard and I need to think about what is best for my family.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:32 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts
I know the feeling. Things are getting pretty tight since my Ex walked out. Not many jobs for a 66 year old with afib. I want to get my panel back on the road so I can sell the pickup, I don't need 2 trucks I can do anything with the panel I can with the pickup and more especially before the interior is completed, and it's cheaper and more fun to drive. The late model should be a lot easier to sell, plus it's still financed.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:40 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Originally Posted by Moe Craig
Thanks Jim, but no thank you! I'm not asking for a hand-out, nor could I accept one. That wasn't how I was raised. I have friends that have offered to help me out but sometimes we all have to throw in the towel. I'm a couple months away from the point of putting it up for sell. I'm just fore-warning everyone that if things don't pick up I might have mine on the chopping block soon... I don't want to, but times are hard and I need to think about what is best for my family.
Moe, the last thing on my mind, was that you were looking for help, I know you well enough to know that you are a man of much honor. I hope i did not offend you in any way, I was just thinking that so many folks here hold you in high regard, and would jump at the chance to help a friend. Please forgive me if I crossed the line. My prayers, and best wishes will continue. " Your friend Jimmy"

Old 03-15-2012, 10:44 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Have you thought about getting an entry level job as a property damage appraiser since you have a construction background? With all of the catastrophic losses that occur throughout the country, property damage appraisers are in demand. There are plenty insurance companies to search for a job.

Quick Reply: If I don't find a job soon, my F1 will have to go!