6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

So what did you do to your 6.0L today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 02:53 PM
namnguye
Laughing Gas
Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Yahiko
They did add an auto light for over hight and the clowns still try there luck.
Yes, it was so funny to see someone slowly going through it and thinking going slow will work. I laughed real hard on that one.

Old 11-02-2018, 04:29 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Originally Posted by namnguye
Yes, it was so funny to see someone slowly going through it and thinking going slow will work. I laughed real hard on that one.
Did you see the truck that stopped at the intersection. Then turned left away from the trestle. Then backed up and turned almost like he was going to go back to where he
came from but instead he made a left and risked the bridge and lost.

Still I can't get over the number of small trailers getting the A/C knocked off the tops. You would think they feel it.

Old 11-02-2018, 05:25 PM
namnguye
Laughing Gas
Did you see the truck that stopped at the intersection. Then turned left away from the trestle. Then backed up and turned almost like he was going to go back to where he
came from but instead he made a left and risked the bridge and lost.

Still I can't get over the number of small trailers getting the A/C knocked off the tops. You would think they feel it.
Yes, that was one bit long odd wait not sure what's going on but worth to watch at the end.

Old 11-02-2018, 05:39 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
You know if it not going to fit then it won't fit any better if you go slow.
That is unless you can drop the hight so your riding on the stops and
the tires are nearly flat. Then going slow may help.

Old 11-02-2018, 08:53 PM
87crewdually
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Ford.Dude
Other than the GPS mishap, that's awesome! Respectable load she has there.

We just traded the old wild wood in for a new camper last weekend. Wife needed more counter space. I believe it's a 34 footer, forest river vibe. 6.4k lbs. Hopefully my ol' girl pulls it well.
That's great! Enjoy the Vibe. You'll be fine pulling that along. I frequent over at this forum. Forest River Forums - Forest River Owners Community
My Forest River Wildcat is in the 12k range & the golf car & trailer is about 1200 #'s, truck loaded is about 10k. It tows great and I find myself backing off often, especially when you're creeping up on 80 mph.

Originally Posted by Excurvelle
Nice looking rig. How did you sneak through the peoples republic of Maryland with the trailer on the 5r?
Originally Posted by Sparky83
he drove really really fast so the cops couldnt catch him.. lol
Actually out of all the states we travel, MD is one that I am legal. As long as I am on Interstates it is also legal. Where you can run into trouble is if you get off the Interstate in a state that has a law on the books against double towing recreational. So I keep it direct routes from portal to portal and stay on the Interstate and have never had a problem. Everything from the hitch, safety chains, lighting, rear camera, under legal max length, ect... us legit so it's never been questioned. And I've been seen & passed by many LEO's.
Many states limit you to atleast have the lead trailer a 5er and all have a max length limit, usually 65 feet. I'm just under at 64' 8" the best I could measure.
One of the biggest things for these trips is the tool/fuel box I added in the bed. It is 91 gallon plus the stock 38 puts me in FL without getting off for fuel stops.

Also an update on the GPS, I had to reset it and it's fine now. Except I lost my saved files of fuel use and favorite places I had saved. No big deal.
So today we site see'd some and added some more miles on the truck for the trip. Ol blue is running flawless. Off to FL in the AM.

Old 11-02-2018, 09:33 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Spent a bit today with Ed over at FICMrepair. Got some new stainless pipes on the way. Turbo back with kat and resonator.
I think Xander heard me tell Ed I wanted to keep the Kat and Xander thought I said cat not Kat, He is up here making friendly
and trying to type. I went with the heavy band clamps so I would have to deal with any welding.

Now as I understand it you start at the turbo getting thing tight? Any hints will be helpful because been a long time sense I put my
last exhaust system on and this one is going to be a bit bigger.

Old 11-02-2018, 09:37 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
burned out the old diesel in the tank and replaced it with some fresh diesel today.... wind was horrible today... as were the other drivers in certain points...

Old 11-02-2018, 10:20 PM
Brown Falcon
Hotshot
Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts
I drove mine through the woods and used it to haul home this guy.

Old 11-02-2018, 10:41 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
i saw a few doe's on the way home tonight... nicely they ran away from the street instead of into the street,...

Old 11-03-2018, 12:31 AM
markw365
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You installing an aftermarket cat, or keeping the stock one? I did the turbo back MBRP from Ed and started at the cat and worked back, put all the hangers on first. Got everything installed snug enough to hold it, but loose enough to let stuff move around, once everything was lined up I went back and tightened everything down. i would start at the turbo and work back from there, just snug enough to hold everything inline, but not so tight that you can't adjust the joints.

Mark

Spent a bit today with Ed over at FICMrepair. Got some new stainless pipes on the way. Turbo back with kat and resonator.
I think Xander heard me tell Ed I wanted to keep the Kat and Xander thought I said cat not Kat, He is up here making friendly
and trying to type. I went with the heavy band clamps so I would have to deal with any welding.

Now as I understand it you start at the turbo getting thing tight? Any hints will be helpful because been a long time sense I put my

Old 11-03-2018, 01:45 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Factory Kat.
New down pipe. I am getting rid of all the rusty crap. The hit that I had in Aug broke the top out of one of the
arches that goes over the rear axle so I have exhaust coming out from under the bed now. I am also getting
rid of the 4" down pipe and going to a 3.5" with 4" from the Kat back. That should give me back some low end.

Old 11-03-2018, 08:42 PM
namnguye
Laughing Gas
I don't know if this helps, but I also tightening up at the turbo after I lined things up, but loosely at the bottom of the truck. After the turbo is tighten up, I go down to the bottom and torque the two bolts/nuts down.

Today I laid the MLV down. It's mostly done. I struggled to come up with a good method in my mind until I started doing it, that's when I said to my self to put a large piece down and reduce the number of joint. That turns out to be the best way. There is no need to cut things into smaller pieces.

Which means 4 feet across and going the whole length of the floor on the driver side. Then I just cut any relief that is needed. It turns out the heat gun helps dramatically. Only the front of the front seats needs some cut. Everything else the heat gun would work good. After that, I put a long narrow strip on the passenger side from front to back. Things look so good that I didn't need to glue down at all. I plan to glue a bit later, but very little. The heat gun does the job beautifully.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:53 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
I double checked my order with Ed today because we were doing a lot of talking and trying to get the thing I wanted.
What I ordered was in Stainless Steel Mbrp Exhaust 3.5 down pipe to 4" after the Kat. No welding it will be a clamped system.

Old 11-03-2018, 10:43 PM
87crewdually
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts
I double checked my order with Ed today because we were doing a lot of talking and trying to get the thing I wanted.
What I ordered was in Stainless Steel Mbrp Exhaust 3.5 down pipe to 4" after the Kat. No welding it will be a clamped system.
Do yourself a favor & replace as many clamps as you can with stainless band clamps. I get them from Napa.
. They hold the pipes where you want them and won't deform the slip joint so if you have to disassemble or realign you will be able to with ease.

Old 11-04-2018, 12:48 AM
Brown Falcon
Hotshot
Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts
Those band clamps are great! I get mine from the local International dealer.

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your 6.0L today?