6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Deleted 6.7 with no tuner

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2023, 07:58 PM
muellercandd
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Deleted 6.7 with no tuner

I just got my 2011 F250 6.7. It was deleted by the original owner. I can not find the tuner anywhere. I can not get in contact with the original owner. Is it possible that the truck does not need a tuner? Can I just get one, any brand, and install/use it? In my mind, I would need to start with a new oem tune and then a new tuner.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Old 08-10-2023, 09:37 PM
StonedGrey
Laughing Gas
Received 99 Likes on 59 Posts
Wont run without a delete tune loaded in.

the tune was loaded into the computer and tuner taken out of the truck. Thats how it works. Dont need to leave a tuner plugged in all the time. One time flash and done.

it could be tuned again. But will have to be tuned back to stock and then tuned with new tune from new tuner.

but really no need for that. Unless you dont like the current tune.

The following users liked this post:
Old 08-10-2023, 10:03 PM
muellercandd
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for that info. The truck seems to run wwll except for some odd shifting at times. No dash lights, does not seem to be in limp mode. A couple times there did seem to be power loss on hard acceleration where I had to get off throtle. This is what got me wondering. That and the random power chord on the dash.

Old 08-11-2023, 04:03 AM
Marine142
5th Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
probably an old minimaxx tuner. and as grey said.. a person could tune the truck and disconnect the turner.

If you bought it private the guy should still have it.. but if you bought it from a used car salesman (and they pulled it out so people dont ask questions) it's a very small chance you'll ever get it again. but you might try.

Old 08-11-2023, 09:10 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,418 Likes on 1,013 Posts
I see problems on the horizan. Start saving money for when work needs to be done.

The following 2 users liked this post by senix:
Old 08-11-2023, 11:51 AM
acdii
Logistics Pro
Received 2,029 Likes on 1,377 Posts
To add to what senix is referring to. IF for any reason whatsoever you take it to a dealer to have work done, or a recall or anything involving the PCM and they have to flash it, they will load the original as-built into it from the Ford repository and your truck will be DITW. IOW never go back to Ford with it.

Second, IF you can find the original owner who tuned it, then try to get the tuner even if you have to buy it from him because it will be holding the original factory tune to your truck and is useless to him without sending it back to be unlocked. Anytime a tune is changed, the original tune is reinstalled so that the new tune can be loaded. Loading it back in, unlocks the device allowing it to be reprogrammed with a new tune and then reinstalled. The tuner is married to the VIN of the truck until the stock tune is uploaded back in the truck, then it can be reused on any other vehicle. IOW the tuner is dead weight for the guy who had the truck.

Third, without the tuner, you can't re-tune the truck.

Get a Carfax on the truck and see if you can locate the prior dealer who serviced the truck to see if you can track down the original owner if the dealer you got it from wont help.

Old 08-11-2023, 11:57 AM
senix
Super Moderator
That dealer also sold an illegal truck without the emissions stuff on it.

I would go back and get it fixed.

Old 08-11-2023, 03:37 PM
acdii
Logistics Pro
Yes they did. If reported though, the dealer gets fined, big deal, but you lose the truck too.

Old 08-11-2023, 05:01 PM
StonedGrey
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by acdii
To add to what senix is referring to. IF for any reason whatsoever you take it to a dealer to have work done, or a recall or anything involving the PCM and they have to flash it, they will load the original as-built into it from the Ford repository and your truck will be DITW. IOW never go back to Ford with it.

Second, IF you can find the original owner who tuned it, then try to get the tuner even if you have to buy it from him because it will be holding the original factory tune to your truck and is useless to him without sending it back to be unlocked. Anytime a tune is changed, the original tune is reinstalled so that the new tune can be loaded. Loading it back in, unlocks the device allowing it to be reprogrammed with a new tune and then reinstalled. The tuner is married to the VIN of the truck until the stock tune is uploaded back in the truck, then it can be reused on any other vehicle. IOW the tuner is dead weight for the guy who had the truck.

Third, without the tuner, you can't re-tune the truck.

Get a Carfax on the truck and see if you can locate the prior dealer who serviced the truck to see if you can track down the original owner if the dealer you got it from wont help.
false.

a tune company can wipe the tuner clean and it can be used on other vehicle.

I know bc i did this.

traded a F150 in on a 6.7 and i did not tune the f150 back to stock. Tune company unlocked the tuner and we used that same tuner to tune my 6.7

Old 08-11-2023, 05:07 PM
StonedGrey
Laughing Gas
I love how some jump on the omg scare tactic that theres something wrong with the truck.

scare scare scare.
all complete BS bc people dont think you should have a deleted truck.

i have had my truck in to 3 or 4 ford dealerships and they never tuned my truck back to stock.

So go sell crazy somewhere else, we r all stocked up.

HEY!!!! what if the previous owner never changed the transmission fluid and thats all it needs??? Huh huh huh. Nah scare the F-ing crap out of the guy with a deleted truck. Pitter patter.

Old 08-11-2023, 06:20 PM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Received 6,379 Likes on 4,636 Posts
Originally Posted by StonedGrey
I love how some jump on the omg scare tactic that theres something wrong with the truck.

scare scare scare.
all complete BS bc people dont think you should have a deleted truck.

i have had my truck in to 3 or 4 ford dealerships and they never tuned my truck back to stock.

So go sell crazy somewhere else, we r all stocked up.

HEY!!!! what if the previous owner never changed the transmission fluid and thats all it needs??? Huh huh huh. Nah scare the F-ing crap out of the guy with a deleted truck. Pitter patter.
Opinions are like certain orifices... we all got' em... lose the attitude.

With that said, I'm not against deleted trucks.

What I am against is how private owners, Ford dealers or used car dealers (or anyone else) selling a deleted truck without the tuner containing the OEM tune and the aftermarket tune(s), to an uneducated buyer like we see here all the time asking these same questions... I believe it's horse schitt that someone gets rid of the truck without the tuner, especially these days, when tuning has gone underground because the EPA is on the warpath.

The following 3 users liked this post by Overkill2:
Old 08-11-2023, 06:38 PM
djousma
Cargo Master
Received 922 Likes on 331 Posts
Originally Posted by Overkill2
Opinions are like certain orifices... we all got' em... lose the attitude.

With that said, I'm not against deleted trucks.

What I am against is how private owners, Ford dealers or used car dealers (or anyone else) selling a deleted truck without the tuner containing the OEM tune and the aftermarket tune(s), to an uneducated buyer like we see here all the time asking these same questions... I believe it's horse schitt that someone gets rid of the truck without the tuner, especially these days, when tuning has gone underground because the EPA is on the warpath.
Nicely said!

The following users liked this post:
Old 08-11-2023, 06:56 PM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Received 6,379 Likes on 4,636 Posts
Thanks Dave!

Old 08-11-2023, 07:35 PM
senix
Super Moderator
I am not against deleting. I am not for buying a deleted truck from a used car or dealership without all the items.

This is a problem waiting to happen imho when the truck has its first hiccupp. We see it here all the time.

So now is the time to prevent that with getting the items for the truck, the emissions stuff and the factory and what was used to program it.

I could careless if the stuff just sits on a shelf in the garage..

Old 08-13-2023, 11:19 AM
acdii
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by StonedGrey
false.

a tune company can wipe the tuner clean and it can be used on other vehicle.

I know bc i did this.

traded a F150 in on a 6.7 and i did not tune the f150 back to stock. Tune company unlocked the tuner and we used that same tuner to tune my 6.7

False what. I stated exactly what you said. The tuner has to be unlocked by sending it in.

Did you even READ this part?

is useless to him without sending it back to be unlocked.

Quick Reply: Deleted 6.7 with no tuner