6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Deleted 6.7 with no tuner

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2023, 11:22 AM
acdii
Logistics Pro
Received 2,039 Likes on 1,384 Posts
Originally Posted by StonedGrey
I love how some jump on the omg scare tactic that theres something wrong with the truck.

scare scare scare.
all complete BS bc people dont think you should have a deleted truck.

i have had my truck in to 3 or 4 ford dealerships and they never tuned my truck back to stock.

So go sell crazy somewhere else, we r all stocked up.

HEY!!!! what if the previous owner never changed the transmission fluid and thats all it needs??? Huh huh huh. Nah scare the F-ing crap out of the guy with a deleted truck. Pitter patter.
Ok, explain what happens when there is a recall that requires a PCM reflash? If there is a recall and you take the truck in for ANY service, and NOT for the recall, what happens? The dealer performs the recall because they HAVE to! If the recall reflashes, the dude is screwed. Prove me wrong? This is what I was telling the OP, stay away from Ford dealers with it so it DOESN'T accidentally happen to him.

fricken knowitalls.

Old 08-13-2023, 11:51 AM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Received 6,442 Likes on 4,691 Posts
Originally Posted by senix
I am not against deleting. I am not for buying a deleted truck from a used car or dealership without all the items.

This is a problem waiting to happen imho when the truck has its first hiccupp. We see it here all the time.

So now is the time to prevent that with getting the items for the truck, the emissions stuff and the factory and what was used to program it.

I could careless if the stuff just sits on a shelf in the garage..
I'm with you on not buying a deleted truck with at least the tuner, and all the emissions to bring it back to stock if need be... least from a used car salesman/lot without knowing how the truck was taken care, because you could be buying someone else's problem... I'm all for and believe in the "buyer beware" policy but taken advantage of someone is just wrong.

Old 08-13-2023, 12:09 PM
StonedGrey
Laughing Gas
Received 99 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by acdii
False what. I stated exactly what you said. The tuner has to be unlocked by sending it in.

Did you even READ this part?
I read it very clearly.

“Third, without the tuner, you can't re-tune the truck.”

false.

Old 08-13-2023, 12:43 PM
brokestroke
Cargo Master
Received 820 Likes on 466 Posts
Ok, explain what happens when there is a recall that requires a PCM reflash? If there is a recall and you take the truck in for ANY service, and NOT for the recall, what happens? The dealer performs the recall because they HAVE to! If the recall reflashes, the dude is screwed. Prove me wrong? This is what I was telling the OP, stay away from Ford dealers with it so it DOESN'T accidentally happen to him.

fricken knowitalls.
What recall on a 12 year old truck would require a reflash?

Old 08-13-2023, 01:09 PM
acdii
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by brokestroke
What recall on a 12 year old truck would require a reflash?

Wow, you been in a jungle somewhere? There are Always recalls of some sort or another! Hell there are still recalls on 20 year old vehicles! I got a recall on a 2009 that has been in a junk yard since 2014 last year. I don't remember what it was as I threw it away.

Federal law requires all safety recall repairs to be provided free of charge on cars that are up to 15 years old. It can happen.

Old 08-13-2023, 01:18 PM
acdii
Logistics Pro
I read it very clearly.

false.

Thats not what you posted about, you changed subjects. Also what I said is in reference to the OP's truck. He would need to buy a new tuner and have a tune made for the truck. Without the tuner, he can't re-tune the truck. He can't take an off the shelf tuner with a stock tune and re-tune the truck either because it needs the OEM tune to work. All those off the shelf tunes do is modify tables in the program without removing any of the safety triggers or sensors. With an aftermarket tune in, the reflash could fail and then he is stuck with a dead truck.

How do I know this? I had a Deleted 2012 and even WITH the SCT tuner, I could not do anything with the truck because no one would touch it! Whatever was in the truck stayed in the truck. When I sold the truck I made sure the tuner was still with the truck as well.

Old 08-13-2023, 01:27 PM
brokestroke
Cargo Master
Received 820 Likes on 466 Posts
Wow, you been in a jungle somewhere? There are Always recalls of some sort or another! Hell there are still recalls on 20 year old vehicles! I got a recall on a 2009 that has been in a junk yard since 2014 last year. I don't remember what it was as I threw it away.

Federal law requires all safety recall repairs to be provided free of charge on cars that are up to 15 years old. It can happen.
IF there ever was a recall involving a PCM flash, it would likely have something to do with the emissions system.

Old 08-13-2023, 10:02 PM
muellercandd
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, I never thought this question would spark such attention and conversation! So yes, an out of state (to me) dealer sold me the truck deleted and I knew it was deleted. I did not know the tuner was not with until I got it delivered. At this point the dealer has not been helpful in getting me info or in touch with the original owner to see where it may be. I will work that end more. I would like to ask this one question without ruffling to many feathers. What are my options in the event that I need to create a new toon, for what ever reason? Can I use another tuner and tune over what is currently there? It sounds like I need to have the original tune stored on whatever tuner I use? Is it possible to get the stock tune off of my neighbors 2016 deleted truck tuner and use that? Would the only option be to go back to Ford, have the stock tune put back in and retune with a new tuner?

The following users liked this post:
Old 08-14-2023, 08:45 AM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Received 6,442 Likes on 4,691 Posts
Originally Posted by muellercandd
Well, I never thought this question would spark such attention and conversation! So yes, an out of state (to me) dealer sold me the truck deleted and I knew it was deleted. I did not know the tuner was not with until I got it delivered. At this point the dealer has not been helpful in getting me info or in touch with the original owner to see where it may be. I will work that end more. I would like to ask this one question without ruffling to many feathers. What are my options in the event that I need to create a new toon, for what ever reason? Can I use another tuner and tune over what is currently there? It sounds like I need to have the original tune stored on whatever tuner I use? Is it possible to get the stock tune off of my neighbors 2016 deleted truck tuner and use that? Would the only option be to go back to Ford, have the stock tune put back in and retune with a new tuner?
We're a feisty bunch here... thanks for being honest and responding.

I'll let more knowledgeable folks answer your last inquiry as I have no clue... good luck.

Old 08-14-2023, 08:49 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,428 Likes on 1,021 Posts
Stock tunes from one vin to another will not work, I would have to come from Ford and is very specific to your truck.

We are not here to make a mess of this but to ensure you know what is really going on here.

If you are not successful in pinning down the PO to get the info then lets hope that you don't have any issues.

It is great to have no worries about the emissions stuff not working or failing in the future though.

Old 08-14-2023, 02:46 PM
acdii
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by muellercandd

Without knowing what tuner was originally used is the big problem. Some tuners lock the PCM files so they can only be read by the same tuner, a licensing thing. Some tuners don't give a crap and will willfully load or unload at will, however, without the OEM tune to work off of, it can't do squat with it as they need the OEM calibrations to setup the tables. Some tuners (programmer of tunes) use a tuner that can be modified by uploading a copy of the OEM to them so they can make changes, and send you back the actual tune file for the trucks VIN. There may be a chance you can find one of those "tuners" who will recommend the correct tuner to use to download the tune from the truck so they can modify it.

The thing that will bite you is that the checksum for the program in the truck now is for the tuner that tuned it and wont match the OEM to VIN checksum and the tuner will throw an error code of VIN mismatch or similar. Some tuners don't care about it, others do. If thats the case you will need a dealer to reflash the PCM, then with a new tuner, reprogram the delete tune for it.

Old 08-14-2023, 04:56 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,150 Likes on 2,198 Posts
I read it very clearly.

false.
ok. please enlighten us on how you can retune a truck without a tuner?

Old 08-14-2023, 05:57 PM
StonedGrey
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by tjc transport
ok. please enlighten us on how you can retune a truck without a tuner?
thats an out of context question.

the quote says without “THE” tuner. Referencing THE original tuning device.

your saying without “A” tuner. Fix your question to fit the context and we can continue the discussion.

Old 08-14-2023, 06:02 PM
StonedGrey
Laughing Gas
OP, you can retune your truck without the original tuning device.

buy a new tuning device. Buy a tune. Load the tune into tuning device. Then….

per acdii and what he said. If Ford flashes the computer back to stock for a recall, then this means all ford service centers have the ability to put your truck back to stock.

So after ford flashes it back to stock. You thank them for their service and walk out with your tuner in hand and load your new tune into your truck.

Old 08-14-2023, 06:04 PM
StonedGrey
Laughing Gas
Tune company doesnt need the original stock tune to write a new emission off or on tune.

Quick Reply: Deleted 6.7 with no tuner