6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

[GUIDE] How to post pictures on the forums.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 03:09 PM
russphotobucket
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Photobucket Tutorial

Hi Everyone,

This is Russ at Photobucket. I am part of our Community Outreach Team. Thanks for posting that video, you did an awesome job. We've updated the look and feel of our site, so I put together a brief visual tutorial that highlights the new layout.

There are two ways to post images into this forum.

The first way is to use the “Insert Photo” button in the toolbar when you create a new thread or response.
First, find the photo on Photobucket in a new tab or window, locate the “Links to share this photo” box to the right of the image, and simply click on the bottom option, labeled “Direct”. Photobucket automatically copies the code for you, so there’s no need to right click and select copy from a menu.
Next, open a new thread or response in the forum and click on the Insert Image button. A new dialogue box will appear asking you to enter the URL address for the photo. Simply paste the info you grabbed from Photobucket into the dialogue box and you’re done. Easy.

The other way to post a photo is to skip the Insert Photo button and just use the BBCode, or IMG Code. Find the photo on Photobucket that you want to link to. Then, in the “Links to share this photo” box to the right of the photo, simply click on the third option from the top, labeled “IMG”. This is already written in the BBCode your forum requires, so just paste it right into the text of the thread you are creating, and presto!

Some of you have also been asking about resizing your images. You can resize your photos before you upload them to Photobucket, or you can do it right from your Library.
1. Select “Edit” from the top menu, then click the photo you want to resize. Additionally, from your Library view you can hover over the thumbnail of the photo you want till the gear icon appears. Click the gear and select “Edit” from the drop down menu.
2. Click the “Resize” button
3. Make sure the lock icon is selected to constrain proportions and enter the new height or width you want and click “Apply”
4. The next screen will ask you to save. Below the save button is a box labeled “Replace Original”. If you leave this box empty, a duplicate will be created in the new size and will need to be renamed. If you check this box, the original will be replaced by the newly resized image.

I hope that helps. If you have any questions or feedback on what would make your photo hosting experience better, please send it my way.

RUSS
Community Outreach
community@photobucket.com

Old 12-07-2014, 05:49 AM
Rusty Axlerod
Lead Driver
Received 136 Likes on 80 Posts
Are there still limits to the size of our album on the FTE server? I ask because I can't upload a picture from my computer (iPad) this morning. It gets to 99% up loaded and displays a message box saying ALERT. PHOTO CANNOT BE UPLOADED. If I need to clean out my photo library, what's te most convenient way to select and delete multiple pictures? Will deleting pictures from my album also delete them from previous posts?

Thanks

Old 12-07-2014, 10:49 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rusty Axlerod
Are there still limits to the size of our album on the FTE server? I ask because I can't upload a picture from my computer (iPad) this morning. It gets to 99% up loaded and displays a message box saying ALERT. PHOTO CANNOT BE UPLOADED. If I need to clean out my photo library, what's te most convenient way to select and delete multiple pictures? Will deleting pictures from my album also delete them from previous posts?

Thanks
I don't think it's from you Eric I tried today too and the same thing came up. this is a Question for Maximum John

Old 06-23-2015, 08:09 PM
LeoJr
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Question... As someone that has been using photobucket, but do not want the pics to disappear in my threads, is there an admin tool that will redirect all of the links if I move all the pics to this site?

Old 06-17-2016, 12:04 AM
Adan_Reyes
New User
how do you start a thread or post however you call it? im having some trouble with my 6.0 and need some help idk how to post things on the forums.

Old 06-19-2016, 02:50 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
See this on the main page 6.0L Forum Page top left look for this.

Old 06-29-2016, 11:20 PM
Carlosfj80
Senior User
Why are all the pics taken on my iPhone showing up upside down? Looks fine on my phone when looking at the thread.

Old 06-30-2016, 12:56 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Are you using the FTE app?
Because I use a Mac I tend to upload my photos after I import then export them
so I know that they are right-side up.

It's too bad that there is not an option to change the orientation of the image
when you do the upload.

You might try a trouble report and see if one of the mods has an idea on a fix
for you.

Old 06-30-2016, 01:00 AM
Carlosfj80
Senior User
Originally Posted by Yahiko
Are you using the FTE app?
Because I use a Mac I tend to upload my photos after I import then export them
so I know that they are right-side up.

It's too bad that there is not an option to change the orientation of the image
when you do the upload.

You might try a trouble report and see if one of the mods has an idea on a fix
for you.

Sean <BR>

6.0L Tech Folder
No, I'm not using the app, using the regular site on my phone. Thanks for the advice!

Old 06-30-2016, 01:35 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
I have never tried it from my iPhone.

Old 08-02-2017, 03:25 PM
Adrian Arnold
Cross-Country
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Can some one tell me how to post on here. I feel so noobish.

Old 08-02-2017, 08:11 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Adrian Arnold
Can some one tell me how to post on here. I feel so noobish.
Welcome Mr Arnold, on the very top left corner , Under the ford truck enthusest , you will see Forums , take a stroll through those to find a forum to spill all the beans in , for ex sample - I drive a diesel 6.0 , and usually hang out in the 6.0 forum , I'll head over to pics or it didn't happen, say hello to other Chapters like in Arizona Texas so on , once you comment in those forums you will get notifications from any one else that comments , sometimes from what you said or commented on the post at hand , now if you want to Start a Thread on say your truck , just make sure your in the right forum other wise the big bad wolf ( not Really ) will move your thread to the appropriate location , and that could be in outer space or just under the rug for a day or two., so welcome to the FTE wide world of Schooling , oh almost forgot you'll need at least 10 posts to be able to post ( kidding ) 10 posts to Reps, start a thread , I know I'm forgetting something , good luck

Old 08-15-2020, 01:24 AM
Tabassum Labiba
New User
I was really looking forward to watching your video. But I don't know why YouTube shows that the video is unavailable.

Old 08-15-2020, 01:31 AM
Tabassum Labiba
New User
Thanks a lot for your kind advice. As a newbie, I feel a little lost here.