Sponsored by: Moser

Replacement part companies

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 07:20 PM
wildcard221
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Replacement part companies

Hey guys I am looking for some replacement part companies to get some parts from my 77 flareside like a replacement fuse box and other random things that I cant find out at the pick a part I already know about LMC and Drake, LMC is pretty expensive for some of the parts and Drake only goes up to 55 and I have broncograveyard.com saved in my bookmarks can any of you guys think of any other companies that will have the crazy random things and that will have some cheaper parts (like LMC wanting me to pay 500+ for a tailgate....) thanks for the help guys

Old 02-03-2012, 07:33 PM
KingBigJoe
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by wildcard221
Hey guys I am looking for some replacement part companies to get some parts from my 77 flareside like a replacement fuse box and other random things that I cant find out at the pick a part I already know about LMC and Drake, LMC is pretty expensive for some of the parts and Drake only goes up to 55 and I have broncograveyard.com saved in my bookmarks can any of you guys think of any other companies that will have the crazy random things and that will have some cheaper parts (like LMC wanting me to pay 500+ for a tailgate....) thanks for the help guys

I know of two other places that make replacement parts for your truck. They are National Parts Depot (NPD) & Dennis Carpenter. Help this might be of some help to you.

Last edited by KingBigJoe; 02-03-2012 at 07:34 PM. Reason: I made another mistake.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:46 PM
wildcard221
Junior User
hey thanks alot for the other companies...and would you believe it I checked both and still no luck with that stupid fuse bopanel) looks like im gonna have to keep diggin around at the old pick a part or steal the 70s f250 camper special a block or two from my house thats been sitting for at least 1 1/2 yrs and have my way with it

Old 02-03-2012, 09:05 PM
ljcandme
Junior User
Old 02-03-2012, 09:06 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
Add Mac's Antique Auto Parts and Blue Oval Truck parts to your parts sources.

Mac's puts out nicely formatted catalogs.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:27 PM
fmc400
MSEE
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Nobody makes replacement fuse panels; you'll have to find that in a junkyard. I will also add that it takes a fair amount of patience and dexterity to properly replace the fuse panel itself, so be ready.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:33 PM
GLR
FTE Legend
Received 853 Likes on 771 Posts
Ditto on MAC's Antique Auto Parts I've got a 79 that I might send to China. If I was in NY I'd check into it.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Cobra Highboy
Senior User
Rock Auto.com

Old 02-03-2012, 09:39 PM
wildcard221
Junior User
well i am a mechanic on fighters in the airforce so i am no stranger to being upside down trying to find a piece of FOD the size of a bb in the weirdest places that i dont even know how i was able to get into so i should be fine with the patience and i rolled a 20 for dexterity sooo im good to go for the fuse panel if i ever find one

Old 02-03-2012, 10:11 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
well i am a mechanic on fighters in the airforce so i am no stranger to being upside down trying to find a piece of FOD the size of a bb in the weirdest places that i dont even know how i was able to get into so i should be fine with the patience and i rolled a 20 for dexterity sooo im good to go for the fuse panel if i ever find one
2X.. I was an avionics tech on P3 Orions and MH-53 Super Sea Stallions. On the P3, a piece of crypto gear had color coded plugs on a wiring harness so short that ya couldn't see what cannon plug went into which mating plug. 'had to slide in on my back under the rack, have another tech slide in the gear, and then connect the plugs. In order to get out, the other tech had to drag me out by my boots! Damned engineers.

For the non-military, F.O.D. means "foreign object damage".. any foreign object that is loose (glass, bits of wire, washers, nuts, tools, etc) and potentially get sucked into an engine, tangled in flight controls, or blasted in yer eyeballs... Sorta like forgetting that washer on your fender and having it fall out and hit the windshield of the car behind ya.... same principle.

Wanna chat about TFOA??? I got stories on those tooo..... "Things Falling Off Aircraft".. antennas, static wicks, a locating beacon, a luggage rack, landing light lenses, turtle backs (engine cowlings), beaver tails (ailerons),... the list goes on!

Old 02-03-2012, 10:16 PM
ford1977owner
Posting Guru
check ebay for them kind of parts lol kinda obvious but hey ill throw it out there

Old 02-03-2012, 10:30 PM
wildcard221
Junior User
cant say that i had parts fall of of any of my planes...but i did leave a can opener on the fuselage in between the two engines on the a10 and didnt realize it until i launched in out and it was at the end of the runway and i had to call it back...it was like my first week and i had the OPS group commander as my pilot lets just say i got decertified on adding oil for a few weeks..but i never left another tool anywhere...

Old 02-03-2012, 10:40 PM
1972RedNeck
Logistics Pro
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by HIO Silver
Wanna chat about TFOA??? I got stories on those tooo..... "Things Falling Off Aircraft".. antennas, static wicks, a locating beacon, a luggage rack, landing light lenses, turtle backs (engine cowlings), beaver tails (ailerons),... the list goes on!
If nobody cares about then I think we should hear some stories.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:45 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
cant say that i had parts fall of of any of my planes...but i did leave a can opener on the fuselage in between the two engines on the a10 and didnt realize it until i launched in out and it was at the end of the runway and i had to call it back...it was like my first week and i had the OPS group commander as my pilot lets just say i got decertified on adding oil for a few weeks..but i never left another tool anywhere...
Doh!

I worked in QA/Safety and read up on all the stuff that happened in the air wing... it was mostly airframe and jet mech shops generating the reports. The only report I ever filed was when a pilot put his boot up on the comm panel and manage to open a copper safety-wired switch cover and deploy a crash beacon mounted on the tail... it's shaped like a boogie board, pops out into the air stream, flies off into the wind and immediately starts sending a locating signal. We found it up in the coastal Mendecino forest.. it was a fun road trip in a Blazer CUCV from the motor pool.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:29 PM
wildcard221
Junior User
hmm well QA that would of been fun... I remember one time while we were deployed my supervision an E-5 was working on top of the plane in the same spot i was when I lost my can opener...anyways he had a personal tool that wasnt even etched or anything and left it up on the plane too..and guess who came and looked over his BPO/PR QA did guess what they found his pocket knife multi tool...LOR city for him.

He also left his m16 at the subway a few weeks later and it was loaded...luckily someone found it and turned it in to the cops and more LOR city for him makes it pretty interesting having a supervisor who gets into more trouble than you do..

Also while deployed we had a pilot somehow loose a ball bearing the size of a bb thats inside the throttle and we had about 10 of our guys look all over ***** deep for it for about 18 hrs I walk up open the piddle pack pouch...and what do you know...bb

I have also been ran over by my expeditor and bitten by him and hit with his radio.. all in the same day...later that even i tried to do the dukes of hazzard slide over the bread van but didnt jump high enough so i jumped right into the quarter panel and left one hell of a dent

Quick Reply: Replacement part companies