Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Covers, the Good, Bad, and Ugly

Old 03-05-2013, 02:07 PM
BCM
Elder User
BCM is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.BCM is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by mikespecht View Post
It's time for seat covers for me. Just wanted to bump this thread and see if there was anything new on the market since last posts.
I'm still digging my Carhartts. Easy to vacuum the dog hair off of, and wash if they get muddied. A little steep on the price up front (and I only got the rear cover), but they have more than paid for themselves several times over during the past year.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:07 PM
rgreentmcs
Freshman User
rgreentmcs is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by BCM View Post
I'm still digging my Carhartts. Easy to vacuum the dog hair off of, and wash if they get muddied. A little steep on the price up front (and I only got the rear cover), but they have more than paid for themselves several times over during the past year.
I'll second the Carhartts, I've got front and back and they are easy to take off and put on. If you have a good relationship with the dealer's parts folks they may take a little off the price.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:57 PM
mikespecht
Senior User
mikespecht is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by rgreentmcs View Post
I'll second the Carhartts, I've got front and back and they are easy to take off and put on. If you have a good relationship with the dealer's parts folks they may take a little off the price.

I like the idea of the protection that the Carhartts can provide, but I am not a fan of the look. Maybe if I still lived on a farm, but to me they just fit way to loose, and look like someone cut up their work jacket to put on their seats. Also I know my wife would not be very pleased with the Carhartt look. I think I need something that looks a little bit more like a factory look, but thanks for your thoughts guys.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:26 PM
BCM
Elder User
BCM is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.BCM is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'll agree on the look, especially having the Lariat with leather. But, I haul two labs and the look trumps what the seats could be now. But loose? Not even close. Very form fitting. Nothing loose about them.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Howsuiteitis
New User
Howsuiteitis is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have the cover craft seat covers and KR leather seats. Love the seat covers. Haven't washed them as yet. They fit really well.

Old 09-08-2016, 09:34 PM
ireding
Junior User
ireding is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by cummins cowboy View Post
the reason is most people want gray thats what the dealers and car companies think. I don't mind gray myself if its dark enough but most are not dark enough. We have the same problem with my wife's sienna it's has a very light gray interior that looks awful once its been used. I clean carpets for a living and grays and light blues are the hardest to get looking good. if you think about it everything is darker than light gray or light blue that will stain. There are very very few tan interior trucks out there, I had to order my truck with tan interior as there was NO others out there with tan. if you want tan, you have to go with a funky exterior color usually if you want a truck off the lot.

actually black interior isn't bad, had that with my 07 mustang, normally don't like black but on that car black was common with the '60's mustangs so I went with it. I actually kinda liked it. if you compare my interior with a gray interior, I don't think anyone would say that my truck does look more upscale inside.

Interior color is actually a big consideration of automakers. Different shads a different colors give the perception of a larger interior, more luxurious interior, sportier interior..... Depending on what there target customers are.

Old 09-09-2016, 12:11 PM
Rick Cargo
Elder User
Rick Cargo is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by mikespecht View Post
I like the idea of the protection that the Carhartts can provide, but I am not a fan of the look. Maybe if I still lived on a farm, but to me they just fit way to loose, and look like someone cut up their work jacket to put on their seats. Also I know my wife would not be very pleased with the Carhartt look. I think I need something that looks a little bit more like a factory look, but thanks for your thoughts guys.

You might want to check out GT Exact Fit seat covers. Mine fit perfectly on the seats and are durable and waterproof.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:13 PM
carnutz
New User
carnutz is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey guys, I'm new on here from OZ. Just got meself a 2nd hand Ford Ranger. What's the verdict on seats that don't hold dog hair? I've a Golden Retriever so currently lookin for something that's easy to clean

Leather is out of the question... the summers here are crazy! A mate recommended neoprene https://dingotrails.com.au/product-category/seat-covers/ford/​​​​​​​ What do ya reckon?