Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Covers, the Good, Bad, and Ugly

Old 01-29-2012, 06:07 PM
zonedar
Junior User
zonedar is starting off with a positive reputation.
Here are a few photos that I took with my phone. I apologize for the quality. The were taken while the rig was in the garage, thus bad light, etc...

They fit okay. I might be able to get them adjusted for a better fit. The instructions could be better. Also the haven't been washed (which the instructions recommend) and will probably fit a bit better then.

Name:  51aab6bb.jpg
Views: 1996
Size:  147.0 KB

Name:  51a4cc6a.jpg
Views: 1575
Size:  145.0 KB

Name:  e14a3b76.jpg
Views: 1327
Size:  140.0 KB

Name:  336841a4.jpg
Views: 1179
Size:  105.4 KB

Old 01-29-2012, 06:46 PM
jack_pine
Elder User
jack_pine is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nice.

Was going to install today but weather did not cooperate.

How long did it take you? I have the same set to install......

Old 01-29-2012, 07:33 PM
zonedar
Junior User
zonedar is starting off with a positive reputation.
Not too long once I had the front right and left sorted out. Maybe 20 minutes. It should go much faster next time.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:36 AM
ericbc7
Freshman User
ericbc7 is starting off with a positive reputation.
They look good! It looks like a good wash would tighten up the fit some. I am a bit concerned that they went with open sides to accommodate the airbags instead of velcro flaps. It appears that there might be an opportunity for some wear on the seat at the margins. Even given that, I'm leaning toward getting a set on my next F-150.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:21 AM
cummins cowboy
Elder User
cummins cowboy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Chad149 View Post
Would you guys say the newer cloth seats don't hold up as well? My seats still look pretty good on my 2000 that has about 173k on it. Will be upgrading to a new super duty this spring (preferably with cloth). May have to follow your recomendations.
yeah I would say they don't hold up that great. alot of companies got away from the velour type material that was likely in your 2000 model, the material you have was easy to clean and wore really well, since they put in what seems like almost a canvas type material that stains easily, looks like its out of the work truck model. mine has also started to wear really bad right there where the seat belt starts over to your lap. a word to the wise is light gray is awful at hiding dirt, that is the reason I specifically ordered tan interior on my white truck. its a little better but the tan is still pretty light colored on it. it looks more upscale than the gray I will say that. honestly if I could have gotten tan vinyl standard seats I would have gotten them and pretended they were leather.

as for seat covers I picked up a lambs wool cover from costco, they are very very comfy and only cost me $59 bucks. with wool being so absorbent it should work great when I am all sweaty in the summer.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:21 PM
Chad149
Deplorable
Chad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputation
The wife would enjoy heated leather mcuh more so than i would..... Probably what Ford wants to push us towards any way-more profitable.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:50 AM
PrinceValium
Postmaster
PrinceValium is a name known to allPrinceValium is a name known to allPrinceValium is a name known to allPrinceValium is a name known to allPrinceValium is a name known to allPrinceValium is a name known to all
I personally would never buy anything but leather seats...e cloth seats to me just don't stand the test of time well. Leather is much assist to clean as well.

Old 01-31-2012, 03:58 AM
ericbc7
Freshman User
Seems everyone knows that gray/grey is bad for showing wear, can anyone tell me why 90% of the trucks on the lots have grey interiors? I want tan interior! It's easier to clean, hides stains better... what doesn't tan do? I want darker than "light Adobe" or whatnot, I want real tan or brown! I think that a white or "light" color exterior calls for a brown or tan interior. sigh, I would pay upwards of $200 for a sensible color scheme, as long as it didn't include fraking Grey. (btw I had a beautiful white 2005 scab lease with tan interior once... I miss it now only for the fact it had a nice interior...)

Old 01-31-2012, 04:00 AM
ericbc7
Freshman User
btw leather seats are nice for some climates, cloth for me

Old 01-31-2012, 10:14 AM
cummins cowboy
Elder User
cummins cowboy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by ericbc7 View Post
Seems everyone knows that gray/grey is bad for showing wear, can anyone tell me why 90% of the trucks on the lots have grey interiors? I want tan interior! It's easier to clean, hides stains better... what doesn't tan do? I want darker than "light Adobe" or whatnot, I want real tan or brown! I think that a white or "light" color exterior calls for a brown or tan interior. sigh, I would pay upwards of $200 for a sensible color scheme, as long as it didn't include fraking Grey. (btw I had a beautiful white 2005 scab lease with tan interior once... I miss it now only for the fact it had a nice interior...)
the reason is most people want gray thats what the dealers and car companies think. I don't mind gray myself if its dark enough but most are not dark enough. We have the same problem with my wife's sienna it has a very light gray interior that looks awful once its been used. I clean carpets for a living and grays and light blues are the hardest to get looking good. if you think about it everything is darker than light gray or light blue that will stain. There are very very few tan interior trucks out there, I had to order my truck with tan interior as there was NO others out there with tan. if you want tan, you have to go with a funky exterior color usually if you want a truck off the lot.

actually black interior isn't bad, had that with my 07 mustang, normally don't like black but on that car black was common with the '60's mustangs so I went with it. I actually kinda liked it. if you compare my interior with a gray interior, I don't think anyone would say that my truck does look more upscale inside.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:36 PM
bearqst
Junior User
bearqst is starting off with a positive reputation.
Got mine at Ford Seat Covers Ford Truck Seat Covers | GT Covers

Camo/Tan so they match the interior but hide me

Old 02-04-2012, 07:45 PM
jack_pine
Elder User
jack_pine is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just installed mine today (carharts) would do pics but would be just like zonedar's. Looks the same and looks great.

Very pleased....

Old 02-05-2012, 01:48 AM
Chad149
Deplorable
Chad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by cummins cowboy View Post
actually black interior isn't bad, had that with my 07 mustang, normally don't like black but on that car black was common with the '60's mustangs so I went with it. I actually kinda liked it. if you compare my interior with a gray interior, I don't think anyone would say that my truck does look more upscale inside.
Wife's Grand Cherokee has black cloth interior in it-looks good and doesn't stain but shows every hair(wifes a blonde),lint and granuale of sand(go to silver lake sand dunes a lot). So I feel its a toss up.

Old 02-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Rick Cargo
Elder User
Rick Cargo is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by bearqst View Post

Just now ordered me a set of these seat covers in woodland camo. 10% off and free shipping. Can't beat that! Will post pictures when I get them on.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:24 AM
Gunny77
Senior User
Gunny77 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by bearqst View Post

So how well do they "breath" with the heated/cooled seats?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Seat Covers, the Good, Bad, and Ugly

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: