Kansas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Flip4ford

New Years Resolution Tracking Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 12:43 PM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
New Years Resolution Tracking Thread

K. I only had one new years resolution. That was to exercise to try to get ready for HITR in September. Since it's been years since I have done any fitness stuff I'm starting off slow. I did use some 10lb ankle weights and dumbbells for some exercises this morning.

Thought bout diet an giving up drinkin. But only fer a milli second. Don't plan ta drink any more in 2012. But then I don't plan ta drink any less either. Same with food. And with smokin ceeeeegars. But maybe if the exercise takes hold I can do something with food in a month or two. Maybe get back on the meds the doc wants me on see if I kin get my numbers lower.

So ya'll make any new years resolutions? How's it going so far?

Old 01-03-2012, 06:53 AM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
I put myself on a diet before Christmas, I told myself that would be my New Year's resolution, by New Years, I had lost 4 lbs, and my blood pressure has come down quite a bit. I have found its pretty easy most times to watch what I eat, until I get home. Its then that I look around for a healthy snack, and find all the junk food Julie has brought home for snacks for herself and the girls. (chocolate covered pretzels, Doritos, Beer Bread and spinach-artichoke cheese dip, cup cakes, cinnamon rolls, etc.. etc.. etc...)
Wanna know what she bought for me for a snack food? Celery. oh well..

Julie went to a local motel, where they are selling yearly memberships for the use of their mini gym and swimming pools, and bought a membership so we can go and work out and swim at our convenience. Maybe I can find time to stop in and work out on occasion.

My ankle is still hurting from when we dropped the ATM on it, especially when I get on an uneven surface, so maybe I won't spend a lot of time on any kind of tread mill or anything similar. We will wait and see.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:39 AM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
I normally do not make new years resolutions bcause for me they are always the same and they always fall through... but good luck to those that do and we're here to support you.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:34 AM
husker
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
No real resolutions this year but to continue some of the stuff from last year. Finances, exercise etc. I do want to be Old Smokey back on the road this year.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:06 AM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
Originally Posted by husker
No real resolutions this year but to continue some of the stuff from last year. Finances, exercise etc. I do want to be Old Smokey back on the road this year.
I want to see you get OS back on the road this year too, Let me know when, and how I can help. I got the whole pay it forward thing going on that I need to do (also a NY resolution)

Old 01-04-2012, 01:31 AM
82'Stepside
Cargo Master
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
None this year really, just plan on having a great time.

Curt, every since we started keeping fresh fruit around the house (banana's, apples, pears, etc.) we have been snacking much healthier. We also quit buying potato chips a long time ago, we may try to cut more out as we go.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:53 AM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
fruit gives me heartburn. : (

Old 01-04-2012, 11:49 AM
82'Stepside
Cargo Master
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
That reaaaaalllly sucks, I'd die without fruit

Old 01-10-2012, 12:29 PM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Started week 2 of exercise for 2012 yesterday. After this week just 50 more to go.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
LOL!!

I am still on the diet, don't know how much I have lost, but my blood pressure has dropped tremendously, and I don't have to pee as often. (guess that's a good thing?)

Old 01-10-2012, 01:04 PM
husker
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
Maybe I need to try your diet Curtis. LOL

Of course I could knock off the coffee and tea to.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
the 10th is the most popular day to uit new years resolutions BTW

Old 01-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
well, I think I am just getting started, I miss pop a lot less than I thought I would, plus, I really like that my work pants fit again.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:49 PM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Good thing I'm just working out m-w-f to start off then.

Just been a week. I cain't tell no difference yet. Maybe a bit worse but I'm gonna give it a month ta see fer sure.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:58 AM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
well, still doing the resolution, got 1.1 lbs to lose to reach my short term goal. So far so good! I been tracking it by help of the Wii, which helps me set my goals to a reasonable pace, and keeps track of my progress.

Del, you mentioned that you needed to go on my diet, but I have a suspicion you already eat much healthier than I had been, plus I was knocking out a 6 pack of pop or more a day, and I cut it down to just one a day. I find myself having a grilled chicken sandwich, rather than three cheeseburgers with bacon. I don't skip out on breakfast, I eat/drink a shake in the morning. (its some kind of mix my wife was using to lose weight mixed with (Del's gonna love this) sugar free,fat free Butterscotch pudding mix and some milk and ice cubes. I actually really like it, and look forward to it in the mornings!

Quick Reply: New Years Resolution Tracking Thread