Notices

Dog Hair vs Truck Seat

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 10:03 PM
Karic
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dog Hair vs Truck Seat

I was watching an info-mercial the other day and found a neat trick for removing dog hair from upholstery.

Use a common dishwashing rubber glove with textured fingertips and sweep it over the seats. The dog hair will roll up under the glove and your shop-vac can grab it. Works really well on the carpet too!

I sure some of you already knew about this, just a tip for those who didn't.

Rick

Old 04-17-2003, 08:22 AM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dog Hair vs Truck Seat

Hmm... never heard that one. Thanks karic! Will have to try that...

Old 04-17-2003, 05:23 PM
rbraughn
Senior User
Dog Hair vs Truck Seat

My Labs ride in the bed of my pick-up, not the inside.

Only in a rare emergency would I let them inside of my vehicle.

Old 04-17-2003, 10:00 PM
03f150man
Elder User
Dog Hair vs Truck Seat

my 95 pound boxer dog has a reserved spot in the front bucket seat of my 97f150. Only in a rare emergency will i let him ride in the back

Old 04-18-2003, 10:12 AM
tkd
Elder User
Dog Hair vs Truck Seat

Can I make a suggestion? Letting an animal ride in the back of a truck could lead to some very bad things. First, traction for the dog's feet is not very good in the back of a bed, plus the actual metal can get hot if it is a dark color when the sun hits it. Second and probably most important is flying debris--Think about it. A bug at 40mph that hit's your dog in the eye is most likely going to take the eye out. I wouldn't put my dog through these risks. If you do feel the need to put your dog's in the back, PLEASE at least consider using crates for the dogs with the door facing back to protect from debris and don't forget to secure the crate also. I train dogs and have seen it too many times.

Old 04-18-2003, 02:30 PM
Karic
Elder User
Dog Hair vs Truck Seat

tkd;

Excellent point!

It's illegal here to have a dog in the back of an open pickup.

Theory is.......Dog sees something, dog jumps, causes accident, dog and people get killed.

I've got a $1000 Show Sheltie, no way he'd ride in the back!

Rick

Now cats?......................That's a different story.

Old 04-19-2003, 04:50 PM
rbraughn
Senior User
Dog Hair vs Truck Seat

TKD,

Thats what spray-in liners and/or bed mats are for. I have a spray in liner, so sliding and heat is not a problem.

I dont have a need to drive down highways with the dogs, I do city drives to the beach or bay-house mostly, so bugs in the eyes are not a concern. The only real concern is getting in a wreck and the dogs flying out.

I understand your point, but 2 big wet smelly Labs WILL NOT ride inside my new vehicle. I have been riding Labs in the back of my Trucks for over 25 years now with no problems. And all of miy dogs have been smart enough not to try to jump out while moving. They wont even jump out when I lower the tailgate unless told to do so...obedience is a must.

Last edited by rbraughn; 04-19-2003 at 04:52 PM.
Old 04-22-2003, 06:44 PM
tkd
Elder User
Dog Hair vs Truck Seat

My Lab is trained not to enter or exit a vehicle unless commanded as well. Sounds like you've been fortunate. As I said, just suggestions. Good LUck

Old 04-26-2003, 09:56 PM
HtownDan
Junior User
Dog Hair vs Truck Seat

the rubber gloves work great. we've been doing it for a long time now. we have 2 pomeranians and well HAIR EVERYWHERE. Anyways from the furniture to the car seats the gloves work great.

Last edited by Carlene; 04-27-2003 at 07:55 AM.
Old 04-28-2003, 10:56 AM
tkd
Elder User
Dog Hair vs Truck Seat

Packing tape or duct take also does a great job on dog hair and lint.

Old 04-28-2003, 11:08 AM
HtownDan
Junior User
Dog Hair vs Truck Seat

they do, but TKD, try the gloves. it's much easier than messing with tape and i think it works 10X easier

Old 04-29-2003, 04:33 PM
LoneWolf0403
New User
Dog Hair vs Truck Seat

I have A half beagle and half walker hound with all red interior I have anough dog hair in my bronco for maybe 3 dogs thanks man I try that.Cool

Old 04-29-2003, 04:55 PM
LoneWolf0403
New User
Dog Hair vs Truck Seat

Originally posted by tkd
Can I make a suggestion? Letting an animal ride in the back of a truck could lead to some very bad things. First, traction for the dog's feet is not very good in the back of a bed, plus the actual metal can get hot if it is a dark color when the sun hits it. Second and probably most important is flying debris--Think about it. A bug at 40mph that hit's your dog in the eye is most likely going to take the eye out. I wouldn't put my dog through these risks. If you do feel the need to put your dog's in the back, PLEASE at least consider using crates for the dogs with the door facing back to protect from debris and don't forget to secure the crate also. I train dogs and have seen it too many times.
Its make me mad when i see some one driving with there dog in the back of their pickup I agree with what tkd said plus if they hit someone or get hit guess where the dog ends up make me
want to people like that I wont even let my dog in the bronco when the cap is off unless he's wearing a dogy seat belt and belted in the front seat.:-

Last edited by LoneWolf0403; 04-29-2003 at 04:58 PM.
Old 04-29-2003, 05:04 PM
LoneWolf0403
New User
Angry Dog Hair vs Truck Seat

Originally posted by rbraughn
My Labs ride in the bed of my pick-up, not the inside.

Only in a rare emergency would I let them inside of my vehicle.
Thats mean: What happens if some one stops in front of you or hit's you from the side.........

Would you let you 5 year old son or daugher ride back there.What would a cop say if he saw you.
My dad did that once and he'll never do it again my sheperd was in the back when he was hit on the back of the passenger side of his ranger xlt my dog was tossed 50 feet and died.

That should NOT be proMitted and people should be FINED

Last edited by LoneWolf0403; 04-29-2003 at 05:15 PM.
Old 04-30-2003, 10:08 PM
fordzgal
Senior User
Dog Hair vs Truck Seat

Originally posted by 03f150man
my 95 pound boxer dog has a reserved spot in the front bucket seat of my 97f150. Only in a rare emergency will i let him ride in the back
Our Boxers ride in the front of hubby's trucks also unless they are in my Bronco or Exploder then they are in the cargo area...We have a 90+ pound male also... Thanks for the hair tip, the little amount that does shed is a pain to get cause it's so short...I will try that tonight!

Last edited by fordzgal; 04-30-2003 at 10:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Dog Hair vs Truck Seat