Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

HP Guestimate ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 02:49 PM
Spool&Go
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Daaang. Thats BA. I just hope once I get all my modding dont, my job location will permit a live tune.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:22 PM
429 f-100
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BRYCE, I TO WAS LEANING TOWARDS A DIFFERANT TURBO QSSB AND MILD STAGE TWOS / BUT AFTER TALKING WITH CLAY I WENT WITH THE 38R AND STAGE ONES A VERY RELIABLE AND PROVEN COMBINATION THAT SHOULD BE CLOSE TO 400 AND A TON OF TOURQE AND LESS $$ TO . IM NOT BUILDING A RACE CAR I HAVE MY 65 429 FOR THAT! BUT WANTED THE MOST BANG FOR THE BUCKS. AND RELIABILITY TO. I AM PATIENTLY WAITING FOR MY ORDER

Old 12-19-2011, 09:00 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
Bryce, I don't have Robins post but maybe you can PM him. Also on the stage one's read bills testing at PHP.

Chet

Old 12-19-2011, 09:34 PM
2000ca250
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey man,

first off, check your Text's. Sent you one that you might want to read ASAP.

Second, talk to Jake at irate about getting your injectors, he worked really well with me as far as core charge and everything. Made it a lot more barable.

Third, in response to the plenum deal as posted above, you just so happen to have a buddy with 3" plenums that will be coming off of his truck. They already have RR reinforcing inserts in them, so what do you think is a fair price? Id like to make my money back on the inserts, but other than that, they are yours.

Fourth, I will have a HPOP available as either a core or replacement soon, so let me know and we can work something out as far as your t500.

As far as turbo and injector combos go, my vote is for your original plan. The bonus about the h2e/qssb type turbo's is the back pressure to boost ratio. As stated earlier, backpressure is what kills turbo's and can hurt your engine/limit performance. If you can maintain a 1:1 ratio, you will be making efficient boost allowing you to truly take advantage of the extra air, however if you are not then for every pound of boost or x amount of CFM you will be creating more backpressure then the benefit you will be seeing from the extra air. This creates an off balance on the shaft of your turbo, decreasing life, and as with anything when it comes to your engine, that added stress can harm other things. Not to mention, more back pressure makes it harder for your engine to expel the exhaust and can hurt efficiency.

Whatever you do, wait to make any purchases until i get my install done. That way you can ride, and possibly drive, a high hp truck and have something to compare it to. Then ride in bryants and see how you like that and make your decision.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:06 PM
mueckster
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by bulla
Mueckster made just shy of 500hp on stage2's, 38r, stealth stage 1or2 hpop, live tuned by Jody, and his own built reg return and tranny. Check his sig!
Here are my dyno results at RRE 2011. <a href="http://bit.ly/vRva10" target="_blank" />Check out this image!</a> I have stumbled across a combination of parts that work. Hopefully. I can squeeze a little more out of Big Red next year. I added a couple slight changes that might net the 500hp mark. Fingers crossed!

Old 12-20-2011, 12:53 AM
Spool&Go
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by 2000ca250
hey man,

first off, check your Text's. Sent you one that you might want to read ASAP.

Second, talk to Jake at irate about getting your injectors, he worked really well with me as far as core charge and everything. Made it a lot more barable.

Third, in response to the plenum deal as posted above, you just so happen to have a buddy with 3" plenums that will be coming off of his truck. They already have RR reinforcing inserts in them, so what do you think is a fair price? Id like to make my money back on the inserts, but other than that, they are yours.

Fourth, I will have a HPOP available as either a core or replacement soon, so let me know and we can work something out as far as your t500.

As far as turbo and injector combos go, my vote is for your original plan. The bonus about the h2e/qssb type turbo's is the back pressure to boost ratio. As stated earlier, backpressure is what kills turbo's and can hurt your engine/limit performance. If you can maintain a 1:1 ratio, you will be making efficient boost allowing you to truly take advantage of the extra air, however if you are not then for every pound of boost or x amount of CFM you will be creating more backpressure then the benefit you will be seeing from the extra air. This creates an off balance on the shaft of your turbo, decreasing life, and as with anything when it comes to your engine, that added stress can harm other things. Not to mention, more back pressure makes it harder for your engine to expel the exhaust and can hurt efficiency.

Whatever you do, wait to make any purchases until i get my install done. That way you can ride, and possibly drive, a high hp truck and have something to compare it to. Then ride in bryants and see how you like that and make your decision.
First.) Got the text. Still interested in your Turbonetics, let me know on what the dude says about that other turbo (keeping in mind the extra parts I would need to run that turbo)

Second.) About Irate --- Will do. It would be nice to work a deal on the core charge since it is my daily driver and I really dont have the option to send my injectors in first.

Third.) Plenums and Inserts for $50 sounds like an awesome deal to me !! I love having buddys

Fourth.) HPOP - I would be interested in this as well. It would be nice to have an HPOP to send into terminator for modding and still be able to run my stocker while that is all happening.

And by my "original plan", what do you mean? Are you talking about stage III hybrids and a t4 turbo setup?

I will definately wait to make any big decisions until we get all your mods done and I take a ride in both trucks. I have a feeling I will end up somewhere between you two as far as performance/power.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:04 AM
Spool&Go
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by mueckster
Here are my dyno results at RRE 2011. Check out this image! I have stumbled across a combination of parts that work. Hopefully. I can squeeze a little more out of Big Red next year. I added a couple slight changes that might net the 500hp mark. Fingers crossed!
Thats BA Roland. So awesome that you can make that power with a 38r and stage 2's (stage 2's right? what cc's?) I hope to make 900-1000 torque some day. Congrats and good luck meeting that mark. But you do know that it is all bragging rights from here on out for you haha. I feel like that will be me and 400 hp. If I end up at 384.83hp, I'm sure I'll be looking for ways to say I have 400. Either way, I'll cross my fingers for you too.

Originally Posted by 429 f-100
BRYCE, I TO WAS LEANING TOWARDS A DIFFERANT TURBO QSSB AND MILD STAGE TWOS / BUT AFTER TALKING WITH CLAY I WENT WITH THE 38R AND STAGE ONES A VERY RELIABLE AND PROVEN COMBINATION THAT SHOULD BE CLOSE TO 400 AND A TON OF TOURQE AND LESS $$ TO . IM NOT BUILDING A RACE CAR I HAVE MY 65 429 FOR THAT! BUT WANTED THE MOST BANG FOR THE BUCKS. AND RELIABILITY TO. I AM PATIENTLY WAITING FOR MY ORDER
Congrats on the order! you should take pics of the order/build etc.... 400 and a ton of torque sounds prime to me. Maybe after I make this deal with my buddy Palmer (2000ca), and run his old turbo for a while, I'll decide to drop in a 38r since it is so proven. You are right, it would be a good "bang for the buck" deal once I switch to the late set up. Race car sounds awesome too. I want pics of IT as well.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:50 AM
429 f-100
Laughing Gas
Congrats on the order! you should take pics of the order/build etc.... 400 and a ton of torque sounds prime to me. Maybe after I make this deal with my buddy Palmer (2000ca), and run his old turbo for a while, I'll decide to drop in a 38r since it is so proven. You are right, it would be a good "bang for the buck" deal once I switch to the late set up. Race car sounds awesome too. I want pics of IT as well.[/QUOTE]

no cars in my driveway its a 65 f-100 w/ 429 - c-6 shes my street sleeper.

Attached Images  
Old 12-20-2011, 12:47 PM
Spool&Go
Cargo Master
That thing is cherry. Nice work!

Old 02-14-2012, 01:32 PM
Spool&Go
Cargo Master
Palmer, now that you have your t4 and stage 3s in, what we looking at for the turbonetics, plenums, spider etc. Looks like I am going to have to buy bellowed uppipes since yours are leaky.

Want to trade for running boards + $

Let me know man! I want to tear that turbo apart and start doing inventory to get everything ready for the install. I've got 90cc single shots from an obs just waiting to be rebuilt to mild stage 2's but I want to get the turbo on before I send them in and order new tuning.

Thanks bud

Old 02-21-2012, 11:26 PM
Spool&Go
Cargo Master
Ok guys,

Here is the Turbonetics that Palmer took off of his truck. Anybody know anything about it? Palmer and I are trying to work out a deal. I felt it today and there is little to no play in it.

This last picture says DP10004 10150 (almost positive)

I got the plenums, spyder, and turbo pedistal from Palmer today. Also, thanks to Bryant (KonaGrown), I got some 90cc single shots from an OBS that I will be sending in to Rosewood to be built into Stage II 160cc at 100% nozzles.

Here's my inventory so far. Got it all cleaned up real nice. Other than the boots that I will get from Palmer, and bellowed uppipes that I will buy, anything else I will need to make sure that this conversion from the early to the late setup will go smoothly?

I am getting more and more pumped as these parts compile

Old 02-21-2012, 11:56 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
Lookin good . Your on your way.

Chet

Old 02-22-2012, 01:30 AM
Spool&Go
Cargo Master
Thanks Chet. Know anything about the turbonetics?

Old 02-22-2012, 05:59 AM
bulla
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Miller feed is running one and wouldn't trade it for the world. Says he would buy a second if he ever found one worth it. I think they were discontinued due to a bad wrap, but someone else should elaborate on that with more experience. Cause obveiously they weren't all bad! Congrats on all the great hook ups!

Old 02-22-2012, 05:59 AM
429 f-100
Laughing Gas
hey bryce how about t-500& new lines / guzzles master oring kit / maybe the pass side fuel line / frx it will be easy with every thing off / i just finished mine and she is much better!

Quick Reply: HP Guestimate ??