S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Pet Peeves

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 09:59 PM
Kudofo
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SpringerPop
They're Swedish. See the edit to my post directly above.

Pop
I remember my dad told me I was only allowed to have a stick and a rock just like him. He said if I was good I would get a bike. If I was really good he said he would buy me a chain for the bike.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:17 PM
gangstakr
Logistics Pro
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts
Pet Peeve, People who hijack a thread without using the symbol.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:19 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
Pet peeve. society thinking we really need a plush toy called Pee and Poo.

Jim

No hijacking here.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:18 AM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
Ford part numbers!

Old 12-23-2011, 11:24 AM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
Dummy will know.

Give him a few minutes. Probably in fiche somewhere.

Pop

Old 12-23-2011, 11:44 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Buying a used vehicle and the owner's manual is missing. I will never understand why any original owner would take the owners manual out before selling their vehicle.

Jim

Old 12-23-2011, 11:49 AM
barthel
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Nighteyez
Buying a used vehicle and the owner's manual is missing. I will never understand why any original owner would take the owners manual out before selling their vehicle.

Jim
I'm with you on this one Jim. Whenever I buy a used car and the PO says "Well, I don't have the manual" I always ask them "why not?"

WTF???

Old 12-23-2011, 12:03 PM
Jetcopterpilot
Posting Guru
Pet Peeve..My 88 year old mother now lives with me since my father passed away ... and she love to watch cooking shows with the volume very loud since she is hard of hearing...my pet peeve is TV show host's who say "Y'all" two or three times in every sentence,or phrase... come on people you are TV professionals.. larn yer anglish!!!! Hell With Paula Dean I can't tell whether she is saying "Olive Oil" or "all Y'all" It makes a big difference in recipes....

Old 12-23-2011, 12:03 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
Some used car dealers simply clean out the glove box when the car comes in, destroying any and all records along with it.

I can understand why they might not want you making contact with the previous owner, but why "EVERYTHING"??!!??

May a little bird leave "a little something" on their heads.

Pop

Old 12-23-2011, 12:06 PM
Jetcopterpilot
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by barthel
I'm with you on this one Jim. Whenever I buy a used car and the PO says "Well, I don't have the manual" I always ask them "why not?"

WTF???

Amen! it always makes me wonder about how well they maintained the vehicle if they can't even keep track of the manual...

Old 12-23-2011, 12:10 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

The owners manual should stay with the car. There is no reason to toss it unless the car is at the junkyard. and even then they could sell it on ebay or something.

Jim

Old 12-23-2011, 12:14 PM
barthel
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Jetcopterpilot
Amen! it always makes me wonder about how well they maintained the vehicle if they can't even keep track of the manual...
Agreed. And believe it or not that is sometimes a criteria for me in deciding whether or not to buy a car or not.

I bought my wife a '99 Durango about a year ago, the guy had bought it brand new. Not only did he have the manual, he still had the original window sticker and EVERY receipt for every penny he ever spent on the truck.

A man after my own heart!!

Old 12-23-2011, 12:25 PM
Jetcopterpilot
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by barthel
Agreed. And believe it or not that is sometimes a criteria for me in deciding whether or not to buy a car or not.

I bought my wife a '99 Durango about a year ago, the guy had bought it brand new. Not only did he have the manual, he still had the original window sticker and EVERY receipt for every penny he ever spent on the truck.

A man after my own heart!!

Agreed I have the original brochure, window sticker(which is pretty torn up from the PO removing from the window) also the owners manual, the Ford repair manual, two ford f series posters from 1964, and a stack of repair receipts, oh and one of teh license plate frames from the dealership. The PO was and elderly man, very meticulous very organized and very detail oriented. I have the complete chain of ownership form new til now... That was what sold me on the truck, which I gladly paid $1800 for 4 years ago.. yeah I may have overpaid, but knowing the full history of the truck, and having proof that the mileage was accurate was worth it to me.

Old 12-23-2011, 01:24 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

I was the second owner of a 1990 Firebird, that not only had the manual but also maintenance receipts. I even had the invoice from the dealer in San Jose, Ca. that sold it to him. I have bought over 30 vehicles in my lifetime, and that Firebird was the only one to have the owners manual included. I still kick myself for ever getting rid of that car

Old 12-23-2011, 01:39 PM
Jetcopterpilot
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Nighteyez
I was the second owner of a 1990 Firebird, that not only had the manual but also maintenance receipts. I even had the invoice from the dealer in San Jose, Ca. that sold it to him. I have bought over 30 vehicles in my lifetime, and that Firebird was the only one to have the owners manual included. I still kick myself for ever getting rid of that car

Amen..My first car when I was in high school was a 69 trans am (White with Blue Stripes) ... but in the late 1970's and early 1980's that car was a gas hog with the 455.. so I sold it.. to buy an econo car... I would give my left nut to have that car back now...Damn that thing was fast. I was the only guy in my senior class who could get the front wheels off the ground...What a horse it was...

Quick Reply: Pet Peeves