6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Lockpick

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 07:54 PM
PrinceValium
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick
Just got off the phone with them and they re-confirmed that a second camera will NOT work with the Lockpick. He said they've been working on it for a year and hope to announce that capability "after the first of the new year". Hmmm.... this is exactly what they said December 2010.

The bottom line is if you add a secondary screen somewhere in the cab you can add up to 4 cameras together. You just cannot add additional cameras while maintaining the factory camera.
My buddy's truck is able to see the forward facing camera without a problem, but I am sure he had it before the end of the year.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:12 PM
PITS
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PrinceValium
My buddy's truck is able to see the forward facing camera without a problem, but I am sure he had it before the end of the year.
Then he must be using a non-factory rear view cam.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:57 PM
hschiro
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe I am missing something here. I have a lockpick installed on my truck and it does have two camera options. I only have the stock camera on mine but when I scroll the menu after the original cam it says camera number 2? I was assuming that I could put another camera on top of my camper shell for a different view. If I am confused on this it wont be the first or last time...

Old 02-07-2012, 09:31 PM
PITS
Elder User
Once again...If you use the factory rear view camera, you cannot have two cameras. If you use an aftermarket camera, you can add a second camera with an additional (optional) harness.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:03 AM
KG6EPF
Senior User
Originally Posted by P.I.T.S.
Once again...If you use the factory rear view camera, you cannot have two cameras. If you use an aftermarket camera, you can add a second camera with an additional (optional) harness.
That is the only reason that I still haven't bought one. It looks like a great product but the company seems to care less about the features we want (and I'm willing to pay extra for). What I really found amazing was that in my very polite inquiries, I found some of the responses really rude and condescending. Despite all that, I'll still buy one the day they get off their rump and release a version that will handle my factory cam and at least one additional cam.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:39 AM
PrinceValium
Cargo Master
I am sorry to say you are incorrect...I just confirmed with my buddy that he is using a stock rear camera and a front facing lockpick camera.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:47 AM
PITS
Elder User
I'm from Missouri...Show me.

Not calling you or your buddy a liar but the owner and inventor of the lockpick told me (and many others) otherwise. His words: "It is not possible on the Ford Jukebox DVD/NAV unit."

Old 02-08-2012, 01:03 AM
PrinceValium
Cargo Master
I'm from Missouri...Show me.

Not calling you or your buddy a liar but the owner and inventor of the lockpick told me (and many others) otherwise. His words: "It is not possible on the Ford Jukebox DVD/NAV unit."
LOL do you really want me to show you a video of it working? I was just talking with him and this is what he said:

Front is going through lockpick, rear came with truck. It is in the tailgate handle housing. If you don't get the nav system, the video is in the rear view mirror. He has a 2011 F250 King Ranch. He said that you need to install a switch to cut off the signal from the rear camera and it will work.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:08 AM
PITS
Elder User
If he doesn't have the NAV, then we are talking apples and oranges.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:02 AM
PrinceValium
Cargo Master
If he doesn't have the NAV, then we are talking apples and oranges.
Ok...once again.....he has the factory navigation and the factory backup camera. He installed the lockpick and one of their cameras for the front of the truck. He said he looked at the schematic and found that the rear camera is always getting a signal which keeps the lockpick from using other cameras.

He used a switch ( I believe one of his uplifter switches) to block the signal from the rear camera when he wants to use the front camera. That's it in a nutshell.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:27 AM
KG6EPF
Senior User
Ok...once again.....he has the factory navigation and the factory backup camera. He installed the lockpick and one of their cameras for the front of the truck. He said he looked at the schematic and found that the rear camera is always getting a signal which keeps the lockpick from using other cameras.

He used a switch ( I believe one of his uplifter switches) to block the signal from the rear camera when he wants to use the front camera. That's it in a nutshell.
Can you please ask your friend a favor for us and type up exactly what he did?
I've been hoping to make this work for a long time and would be grateful for your friend taking a few moments to help us out.

Thanks,
Brent

Old 02-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Thom12
Senior User
I also would like to make it work, because Lockpick still (as of email yesterday) says it will not work with OEM tailgate camera and nav system:

Hey Thom,
Unfortunately, this is still an impossibility with the Sync Radio. Ford has added a front camera option to some of its 2012 vehicles and even they had to go about adding the camera some other way than using the SYNC radio (theirs is controlled by the cluster). As much as we all would love for this to be a possibility, it does not seem as though it is going to be for the foreseeable future.
<o></o>
--
Ransom
Coastal Electronics
Support@coastalEtech.com
www.CoastalEtech.com
1-800-507-2234

<o></o>
What kind of camera did the original poster (Jim) have?

Old 02-08-2012, 10:01 PM
PrinceValium
Cargo Master
I am trying to encourage my friend to join the site and tell you himself...I sent him the link this morning. Hopefully he will be able to help you guys out.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:16 AM
my996duc1
Elder User
I am trying to encourage my friend to join the site and tell you himself...I sent him the link this morning. Hopefully he will be able to help you guys out.
Thank you !

Been waiting for someone to figure this out.

_

Old 02-09-2012, 12:36 PM
720Deere
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It sounds like he is using an A/B switch.

Quick Reply: Lockpick