6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Lockpick

Old 12-13-2011, 01:49 PM
RobFlag
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you ordered the Nav, you'll have the Jukebox they are asking about. (10Gb hard drive storage for your media).

Old 12-13-2011, 01:53 PM
jack_pine
Elder User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RobFlag
If you ordered the Nav, you'll have the Jukebox they are asking about. (10Gb hard drive storage for your media).
Thanks I had no clue, besides the NAV part...............

Old 12-13-2011, 03:12 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by RobFlag
Epic, after looking at the Lockpick web site, it appears they support two cameras. In the video demo, it shows one on the rear and one on the front bumpers. I'd think you could use a wireless cam in your trailer and just connect the output from the receiver to the 2nd camera input provided through the lockpick.

I'm considering doing just that for my horse trailer. Now if my ordered truck would just get built!!!
It's worth a call to them to ask if the cameras will work through the NAV screen without disabling the rear backup camera. We'll still need the backup camera for hooking up trailers. They keep promising they're going to add the ability to add an external camera but it just hasn't made it to market yet.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:15 PM
RobFlag
Senior User
Epic, take a look at the video on this page near the bottom. Appears to show you can select either the rear camera or a second camera.

FORD LOCKPICKS

Old 12-13-2011, 03:33 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Just got off the phone with them and they re-confirmed that a second camera will NOT work with the Lockpick. He said they've been working on it for a year and hope to announce that capability "after the first of the new year". Hmmm.... this is exactly what they said December 2010.

The bottom line is if you add a secondary screen somewhere in the cab you can add up to 4 cameras together. You just cannot add additional cameras while maintaining the factory camera.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:30 PM
my996duc1
Elder User
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick
Just got off the phone with them and they re-confirmed that a second camera will NOT work with the Lockpick. He said they've been working on it for a year and hope to announce that capability "after the first of the new year". Hmmm.... this is exactly what they said December 2010.

The bottom line is if you add a secondary screen somewhere in the cab you can add up to 4 cameras together. You just cannot add additional cameras while maintaining the factory camera.
HAHA... exactly what they have told me a few times.

If I remember correctly, the two camera setup is for trucks that do NOT have any cameras or if you want to ditch your factory camera.
I want a LOCKPICK that will work with my current factory camera and allow me to add a second camera.....

_

Old 12-13-2011, 08:25 PM
RBolton6
Freshman User
Yeah, same here. Want the 2nd camera capability right on the existing NAV screen. The big 5vr is a PITA to back up and anything would help.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:04 PM
Y2KPSD
Senior User
Trailer Camera

I have that currently.... (thru my NAV)
Hard wired, using my harness to my tail gate (removed)...

There is a thread on this (maybe another site).

With 5th tail gate, I have 2 cameras
One mounted to the license plate, one on back of trailer.

Just move the "quick" disconnect wiring, from one to the other as needed...

ADDED:
http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/...camera-275298/

Old 12-14-2011, 12:33 PM
Thom12
Senior User
My wife mentioned last week she was going to get me the lockpick for Christmas and I told her to let me check first because it wouldn't work with the factory camera last year and they were going to come out with an update.
So I checked (last week) and got this as a response....

Thanks so much for your inquiry. Unfortunately since your factory system currently has a factory camera, you would be unable to add a second camera to the vehicle or do a/v inputs from an outside a/v source. However, we may be releasing a product designed to do that and more in the next few months. I would recommend checking back with us within a couple of months to ensure compatibility with your particular vehicle. Thanks again and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

And then today I come here and see you all have beaten this to death already, sorry for the late breaking news flash.

They sure have been working on that update for over a year! And I thought the governments research and development programs were slow.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:01 AM
jack_pine
Elder User

Based on that I think I will wait. Don't know if I will ever add second camera but would be nice to have the option. I am presuming (if/when this ever happens) this will be a whole other model and not just a flash update?

Old 12-15-2011, 10:00 AM
JohnD333
Laughing Gas
Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts
For OEM camera plus additional camers see:
nav screen use in motion - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Old 02-07-2012, 02:08 PM
JimCantu
Junior User
So I tried out the SyncLockpick...

Installation wasn't a big deal. As was said before the hardest part was getting all the wires to fit behind the radio after install. Even pulling the center dash off was easier than expected. The plug and play wire harness was awesome.

Im a huge fan of being able to use the nav system while in motion especially when I have a co-pilot. So the idea behind the SyncLockpick was exactly what I was looking for. It's nice to have your routes planned out before you start moving, but like always, a need for last minute updates or searches always seem to come up during the drive.

My lock pick worked as advertised during the first hour but after that it just went haywire. Causing the radio to disconnect my blue tooth devices and turn on and off intermittently. Then it would turn on and show the backup camera while i was driving down the highway.

I'm sure it was just a bad unit. But the main reason I returned it for refund instead of exchange was I wasn't happy with only getting 60 seconds to input my addresses or do my searches.

Don't know about the rest of you but 60 seconds isn't nearly enough time for me. You can extend the lockout by holding the phone button down for an additional 3-5 seconds but then that's just one more step to accomplish. In order to hand jam in your addresses or search for your Points of interest (POI).

For $240 I wasn't impressed enough to keep it. I would hope for that kind of money it would make the Nav system operate like it did when you aren't moving for as long as you needed it or until you are finished. That was really my only requirement.

Can't really comment on the DVD player use while in motion as I never attempted to use it. But the backup camera did work in motion... although it wasn't commanded to...

Like many others have mentioned, using the voice commands isn't too bad once you get used to them and turn off the acknowledge requirement so it doesn't echo everything you say before it executes the command. All the commands that are locked out can be used with the voice. Just look at the screen and say the option you want whether it's greyed out or not. I practiced this after I removed the SyncLockpick in order to see if it was too difficult and I needed to exchange the Synclockpick for another one or just return it. Like I said earlier it wasn't bad at all. So back goes the Synclockpick for return minus shipping and restocking fee.

Overall impression of the Synclockpick... It was easy to install and if all you want it to do is be able to use the DVD while in motion or view rear camera it's a great buy. My main purpose for the purchase was using the Nav System while in motion. It worked but for only 60 seconds at a time. Granted you can extend the length of time by pressing and holding the "phone" button for 3-5 seconds at the end of each 60 second period. In my opinion For $240 it was way overpriced for what I would use it for. I relegated my searches for POIs and address to my iPhone and just use voice to input the address into my Nav system. Much more user friendly and accurate. It's amazing how you can do a search for something on your nav unit by category and it won't show up but if you put the actual name in... there it is. So frustrating! iPhone with google voice works like a champ.

Don't know why manufactures seem to make the new Nav systems so user UN-friendly... I know it's all the laws and liability issues but how about making the user take some responsibility... after all the speed limits are 70 mph but nobody sues the car manufacture because they get into an accident and the manufacturer made a car that goes faster than the speed limit ... but that's another discussion all together...

Old 02-07-2012, 07:06 PM
PITS
Elder User
FWIW, Coastal Tech did say they are reconsidering the 60 second time out on the nav input and that is an update they can do (unlike the 2nd camera thing) so that may change in the next version.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:15 PM
JimCantu
Junior User
Originally Posted by P.I.T.S.
FWIW, Coastal Tech did say they are reconsidering the 60 second time out on the nav input and that is an update they can do (unlike the 2nd camera thing) so that may change in the next version.

When I returned my order I did include in the justification that if they develop a Synclockpick that didn't have a time limit, I would consider ordering another one. We'll just have to wait and see...

Old 02-07-2012, 07:49 PM
PrinceValium
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
This is a video of the installation on a F150...I would think the SD's would all be the same. My buddy installed a front facing camera as well so he can see in front when parking. (especially when he wedges it in his garage) You can view all cameras (including side cameras if you need them) at any time. You can also watch DVD movies I believe on the NAV (but that is a BIG no no) Of course you can also do all NAV commands while the vehicle is running. (like of you have a passenger and they input the address for you)

Ford F-150 Lockpick Installation - YouTube

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lockpick