Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

Houston Area Tech Day/GTG

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 279 Likes on 142 Posts
Houston Area Tech Day/GTG

With the success of the San Antonio meet and after expressed interest by a few of the local folks, the wheels on a Houston Tech Day/GTG are now turning.

As far as a date is concerned it's between January 14th or 28th. I would tend to lean towards the 28th, but I'd like everyone's consenus so it's somewhat convenient for everyone.

Same deal as last time: We'll turn wrenches, mod, get some lunch then see where the afternoon takes us.

As before, this is a great opportunity to get whatever mods and fixes you've been putting off, done. Tools, knowledge, expertise, and plenty of hands will be availble to help get whatever you're needing done.

Doesn't matter who shows up, as long as you have a Blue Oval on the front of your truck.

I'm still in the process of finding a location, so if you have any suggestions please reply or PM me. What I'm looking for is a central location where everyone can come from all directions, but whatever works to where there's enough room to work on trucks.

We are 45 days out from January 14th, if you're interested, be sure to reply so I can get a headcount. Look forward to meeting you all!

Old 12-01-2011, 03:12 PM
plumber01
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sounds great. I may have another shop by then, 10,000 sq,ft if the deal goes ok. i wouldn't rely on it for sure. But I'll most likely be there with some tools also

Old 12-02-2011, 04:34 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I took the bait

Old 12-04-2011, 11:37 PM
jdbanks
Elder User
I'd be interested.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:34 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I may be able to make it. Sometime next month I will be meeting a fellow member at the LA/TX border line to pick up a parts truck. I'll be going through Houston, so if y'all come up with a date, I may try to schedule it around this.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 279 Likes on 142 Posts
UPDATE

Howdy y'all it's been a busy few days for me with inventory at work, but here's an update on things:

Potential locations:

-I just got off the phone with Nate (owner of Performance Truck Products) and he should be able to host after the 1st of the year when he moves to a bigger shop.

-TXsailor and Plumber01 may have possible leads, but are still working on them.

As things progress, a decision will be reached on a location once we have all ducks in a row.

As far as the date:

January 21st or 28th as months end seems to work best for everyone. Should inclement weather be forcasted on either day, we atleast have an option. I'll have a more solid, set in stone by the end of this month, if not the first of the year.

After reading what needs to be done, between myself, Roland, and a few other skilled hands, we should be able to make short work of things and have those who are needing work done, driving away with a BSEG!

In the meantime, save your pennies and get with your respective Vendors to get the parts you need together.

Lets keep the list going so we have a good head count and an idea as to who needs what done....

Old 12-07-2011, 03:45 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel
Howdy y'all it's been a busy few days for me with inventory at work, but here's an update on things:

Potential locations:

-I just got off the phone with Nate (owner of Performance Truck Products) and he should be able to host after the 1st of the year when he moves to a bigger shop.

-TXsailor and Plumber01 may have possible leads, but are still working on them.

As things progress, a decision will be reached on a location once we have all ducks in a row.

As far as the date:

January 21st or 28th as months end seems to work best for everyone. Should inclement weather be forcasted on either day, we atleast have an option. I'll have a more solid, set in stone by the end of this month, if not the first of the year.

After reading what needs to be done, between myself, Roland, and a few other skilled hands, we should be able to make short work of things and have those who are needing work done, driving away with a BSEG!

In the meantime, save your pennies and get with your respective Vendors to get the parts you need together.

Lets keep the list going so we have a good head count and an idea as to who needs what done....
I need to pull my engine, install ported heads, head studs, T4 turbo/kit, and build IC pipes. Who's down to do it in a day? I think I will refrain from starting any projects. LOL

Old 12-08-2011, 10:24 AM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
i'm looking forward to enjoying the day wif my fellow blue oval owners of the texas chapter! 28th sounds good.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:17 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
So we are talking about the end of January right?

Maybe I will find the IDM relay kickout from the pcm by then....

Old 12-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
yup yup yup! i'm excited already!

Old 12-10-2011, 11:01 AM
RM2738
Posting Guru
Count me in.

Old 12-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Bob Taulbee
Duct Tape Tech.
Im in I don't care what day it is, just let me know.

Old 12-10-2011, 10:33 PM
mueckster
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I spoke with Toreador Diesel this week and he said a majority of the out of town respondents said the 21st would be best for them. I have already made plans to get someone to cover my on call weekend so that I can attend.

Old 12-10-2011, 11:39 PM
plumber01
Post Fiend
21st sounds good to me, Be good to see ya again Roland!

Old 12-11-2011, 10:28 AM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by mueckster
I spoke with Toreador Diesel this week and he said a majority of the out of town respondents said the 21st would be best for them. I have already made plans to get someone to cover my on call weekend so that I can attend.

Morning Roland
Long time no see.

The 21st sounds fine to me. I dont remember anyone listing a place for it. I will have to go back and read through.

Quick Reply: Houston Area Tech Day/GTG