Sponsored by: Moser

Does anybody regret buying the 6.2?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 10:40 AM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by tseekins
That makes me smile Tim. I tried to rep ya but apparently I did that too recently to be able to do it again.
Got him for both of us Tim. That was good.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:51 AM
D8chumley
Resident smarta$$
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by powerstroke72
Thanks guys- ya know, I DO have a reputation to uphold around here...

Old 11-27-2011, 11:00 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,222 Likes on 804 Posts
Originally Posted by powerstroke72

Thanks John! Good back up for great friends!

Old 11-27-2011, 11:36 AM
D8chumley
Resident smarta$$
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tseekins
Thanks John! Good back up for great friends!
Awww shucks!

Old 11-28-2011, 08:10 AM
jokerforever
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox
Oh my Christ, did someone actually say this...I can't believe it's gotten to this point...MODERATOR...SHUT DOWN THIS THREAD!!!
Yeah, this one does need to end. The OP is long gone, probable never to return to this site again. Now it's just a pissing contest, filled with vulgar language and underhand insults. It was fun for a little while but enough is enough.

Mods, end this.<o</o

Old 11-28-2011, 11:50 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,222 Likes on 804 Posts
Originally Posted by jokerforever
Yeah, this one does need to end. The OP is long gone, probable never to return to this site again. Now it's just a pissing contest, filled with vulgar language and underhand insults. It was fun for a little while but enough is enough.

Mods, end this.<o</o

I would if I could but all one needs to do is simply "unsubscribe".

Old 11-28-2011, 12:52 PM
Scorpion67
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny how the people that want it closed are the same people that keep on posting here. I want to have the last say, and then shut it down so nobody can argue with me.

Old 11-28-2011, 02:32 PM
cdvaight
New User
Hey guys. New to this forum but some of you know me from another one.

My response here might be a little late in the thread but I still feel I can add to it. I have an LL and wouldn't trade it for anything. I bought my truck knowing the engine it had as well as the estimated MPG's. We all buy what we can afford and what suits our needs and expectations at the time of purchase. I live 2.8 miles from work so mileage really isn't a concern to me; if I drove 30+ miles a day I probably would have thought about a 5.0 or maybe an Ecoboost but it would have been a hard decision still.

I have absolutely no regrets on my choice in going with the Limited 6.2L. I have to admit that stock Ford really limited (no pun intended) it's performance capabilities. I came out of an '04 Lariat Screw 5.4 and was really impressed with the added HP and TQ in the 6.2L.

I purchased the LL in late July and have since added an aFe CAI and tunes by Mike@5Star. I run with a 91 performance tune daily and the difference is unbelievable over stock. Only downside to the tune and CAI is I can't keep my foot out of it now.

Gas mileage is typically around 12 but have recently seen 16ish interstate which I am extremely pleased with. Hell, I get better mileage now then I ever got out of my '04.

I took a short video of me merging into traffic hitting about 80ish. The CAI also added a perfect amount of growl for my ear.

2011 Limited 6.2 | aFe Stage 2 | SCT 91 Perf by 5Star - YouTube

Thanks for letting me voice my opinion!

--Chris

Old 11-28-2011, 02:41 PM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
That's good stuff, love the sound.

Welcome to FTE!

Old 11-29-2011, 10:46 AM
BMWBig6
Senior User
Originally Posted by jokerforever
Yeah, this one does need to end. The OP is long gone, probable never to return to this site again. <o</o
Actually, I'm right here. And I don't understand why people feel compelled to close this thread. There is a lot of valuable information in this thread, and if there are offensive or inappropriate posts, those individual posts can be pruned by a moderator (why throw the baby out with the bath water!?). It's still an active thread, receiving new input from other members so why not let it run its course?

Old 11-29-2011, 12:32 PM
'89F2urd
Lead Driver
Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts
that 6.2 in the video is really music to the ears. i wouldnt drive one, but that sounds beautiful! (not bashin ya when i say i wouldnt drive one btw)

i dunno what the big fuss is. the ecoboost is just a turbo'd DI gasser from the factory. in the long run its just gonna be an expensive mess to continue driving something thats not THAT much better than the "cheaper" alternatives. i'd never buy an ecoboost and brag about anything. its still a low compression, inefficient, expensive excuse to convert the worlds gasoline supply into waste-heat energy.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:01 PM
cdvaight
New User
Thanks! It does sound a lot better with the CAI on it. I am still baffled on why Ford has to limit everything. Especially the 6.2 in a 150 when they are putting it into the 250's and 350's. I understand it is the feds and C.A.F.E. is really driving it but common...

Old 11-29-2011, 06:59 PM
NASSTY
Cargo Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by '89F2urd
that 6.2 in the video is really music to the ears. i wouldnt drive one, but that sounds beautiful! (not bashin ya when i say i wouldnt drive one btw)

i dunno what the big fuss is. the ecoboost is just a turbo'd DI gasser from the factory. in the long run its just gonna be an expensive mess to continue driving something thats not THAT much better than the "cheaper" alternatives. i'd never buy an ecoboost and brag about anything. its still a low compression, inefficient, expensive excuse to convert the worlds gasoline supply into waste-heat energy.
To each his own... but I wouldn't drive anything listed in your signature either.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:07 PM
'89F2urd
Lead Driver
Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by NASSTY
To each his own... but I wouldn't drive anything listed in your signature either.
thats too bad. i guess if i sold all of them i could buy your incredible machine and be reminded how badly i miss the rest of my toys when i stop at the pump, then get burned by the guy that bought my old stuff

but, i will admit, it sounds a bit offensive to say "i wouldnt drive one". i shouldnt have said it, the guys truck is actually pretty mean and i dont want to take that away from him.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:14 AM
cdvaight
New User

Originally Posted by NASSTY
thats too bad. i guess if i sold all of them i could buy your incredible machine and be reminded how badly i miss the rest of my toys when i stop at the pump, then get burned by the guy that bought my old stuff

but, i will admit, it sounds a bit offensive to say "i wouldnt drive one". i shouldnt have said it, the guys truck is actually pretty mean and i dont want to take that away from him.
My feelings are not hurt at all. We all have our own tastes, budgets and needs. I don't take offense or get bent out of shape because everybody doesn't want or like my choices. I am just happy to share my experiences and the experiences of others. Thanks to both of you for your comments!

-- Chris

Quick Reply: Does anybody regret buying the 6.2?