Notices

Winter floor matt's ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 06:45 AM
JakeM
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Winter floor matt's ?

Who has them? What brands are recommended? I have a 2003 F150 S-Crew Lariat FX4 that I'd like to keep looking as good as it is now. Looking for some good winter matt's that will catch all the salt and crap laid down on Iowa roads.

Thanks!

Jake

Old 10-29-2011, 09:54 AM
ReAX
Post Fiend
Nifty products Extreme or Catchalls (one's rubber the other's carpert) and WeatherTech's two lines are the best I've played with. Husky liner's are decent too, but I find the flap by the door settles down over time and creates issues with how the mat lays.

Highland USA makes a knock off of Weather Techs all weather mats, I have had a set for 6+ years and they are still holding up decent. I also have a Nifty catchall for the back seat. If I were to do it again, I would use Weather Tech's weather liner up front and Nifty Extreme in the rear.

Old 10-29-2011, 10:01 AM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
I have WeatherTech floor liners in my pickup. I have been happy with them. The work truck has a vinyl floor which is nice too.

Old 10-29-2011, 03:06 PM
usedup
Junior User
I have the WeatherTech Floor Liners and couldn't imagine anything working better.

Old 10-30-2011, 01:26 PM
JakeM
Freshman User
WeatherTech looks like the ticket. But, what is better? Floor liner's or floor matt's? I live in town and don't do a lot of offroading or mudding so I don't know if floor liners are right for me. However, if they would be a better idea, if only in the winter, I'd still check them out.

Old 10-30-2011, 02:01 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by JakeM
WeatherTech looks like the ticket. But, what is better? Floor liner's or floor matt's? I live in town and don't do a lot of offroading or mudding so I don't know if floor liners are right for me. However, if they would be a better idea, if only in the winter, I'd still check them out.
I run floor liners all year round. They protect the carpet and clean up nicely. I wouldn't use plan floormats anymore IMO.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:20 PM
rkan
Freshman User
The complete coverage of the Weathertech floor liners is the best thing I have ever used for our Nebraska winters. The only possible negative I have seen is that they dont have the deep grooves a winter floor mat does, so in heavy snow there is a bit of "floor liner soup" going on and occasionally my pant leg would get dirty since your heel is not raised above the fluid level. But the carpet stays spotless.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:17 AM
Rose Clifford
Posting Guru
I use the Nifty Extreme Catchall. Works great, great fit, and they're cheaper than the weathertechs, and cover the entire floor, door to door.

Weathertechs are probably the best, but if you have someone sitting in the middle seat they're still on the carpet.

My logic was this, they're floor mats, no need to spend a lot of money on them. As long as they perform, who cares what brand, or how perfect they are. Nifty was cheaper, and covered more floor space than the weathertechs. That's what sold me.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:02 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Middle seat, what is that?

Old 11-01-2011, 01:10 PM
Rose Clifford
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by MisterCMK
Middle seat, what is that?
I've got 40/20/40.....If that's your case then go with Weathertech's....they fit better than Nifty's and have a better design, they drain out under the door, and clear it well. My Nifty's just trap everything and they require a little bit of attention when cleaning...the Weathertechs can just get religiously wiped and washed

Old 12-13-2011, 01:37 PM
darrelf150
New User
I guess I am going to go with the weathertech's. This just confirms all the good things I have heard about them already. Most people that have them, absolutely love them, from what I gathered.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Rose Clifford
Posting Guru
You'll definitely be happy with them, their only downside is the price.

You get what you pay for though. Enjoy!

Old 12-16-2011, 03:52 PM
ThirdsACharm
Tuned
Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts
Just got my new weathertechs last night. Had them in my previous truck - i think they are the best fit/function for a floorliner.

3 Days ago I picked up a giant coke that didnt fit in the cupholder and on a turn it hit the passenger floor. So they are good to have even if you don't have bad winters - helps if you're accident prone too!

Old 12-19-2011, 06:46 PM
JonFord150
New User
I bought mine from Auto zone decent price, Deep wells to catch snow and Ice, that would be my pick

Old 12-22-2011, 03:37 PM
Beechkid
Received 210 Likes on 160 Posts
Since you're from iowa, how bout the "Newt" - its large, very absorbant, (grin- yeah I know I shouldn't do that!)

Quick Reply: Winter floor matt's ?