1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

progress or lack of

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 12:01 AM
arrowheadfred
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
progress or lack of

I took my green 51 to the paint and body guy almost 2 months back. He owed me some money so i asked him to paint my truck for what he owed me. Well all that his been done i have done [taking it apart] so he could get it painted. I'm a really layed back guy BUT 2day i lost my cool with this guy. I told him he had till oct.15th to get it done cause on the 16th i'm going to take his butt to court. He is my cuz so 2nite i get a call from my aunt with this sad story about how hard things are and i should give him more time cause as she put it i'm not hurting for money and i don't understand just how hard things are. So i had to remind her how hard it is to walk with one leg. A few years back she was like oh you poor baby now i'm a a$$ . Sorry guys i just needed to vent. I wish i would have did like DOC said and just drive and enjoy my already nice truck. I did buy a really nice restored heater for it from Firstrider [denny]. I'm sure it will all work out with my cuz and i will have a really nice paint job. I just hate it when folks put you on the back burner when they owe you. Then to boot when i open the truck door 2day the first thing i notice is my wiper **** is gone. I hope 2mor. is a better day. STOP the wine dale !!!! Heck i could live in the path of IREAN. Progess so far Got new wood bed sealed with 5 coats of spar coating/bed & tailgate blasted and eploxed primered/chrome trim cleaned and buffed /motor tuned up/front & rear all geased up. I really miss driving the old girl.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:35 AM
Mgodsy
Freshman User

Sounds like you have been very generous with your cousin, is the problem that he can't afford to buy the materials needed, or does he feel he does not have the time to get it done without sacrificing time to a another customer.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:48 AM
arrowheadfred
Posting Guru
TIME

Both i guess but thats not my problem. When he wanted a 5th wheel to go camping on i wrote a check and he has had a year to make payments and guess how many he has made [0] so i think its about pay back time.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:54 AM
Dano78
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like its time to go pick up YOUR 5th wheel.....

Old 08-30-2011, 02:28 AM
Moe Craig
Cargo Master

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts
Hey Dale, sorry to here about the new truck... I know you were looking forward to getting it done and trying to help him out at the same time... Hope he gets his act together... And your Aunt has to get a clue about the money owed and the lack of payments... If you didn't help him out and he borrowed the money from a bank the 5th wheel would have been long gone... I lent a friend some money a couple of years ago and when I heard that his wife went and got a tattoo... I said it was time for me to be paid if you have money for that then I should be paid first... He should be happy your allowing him to work it off.... Good luck and let us know how it's going...

Old 08-30-2011, 10:03 AM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems, Dale. I suggest you pick up your 5th wheel and the truck from your cousin. Sell the 5th wheel. Take your truck to another painter. Use the money from the sale of the 5th wheel and pay the new painter who will get it done.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:19 AM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 733 Likes on 262 Posts
Dale,

sorry for your trouble... seems like family and close friends will do you over quicker than strangers !

I've been waiting for a set of heads to get worked for nearly 3 months...

there's an old saying... if you lend a guy 20 bucks and never see him again ?? it was worth it. Might be like panelman said... reposses the 5th wheel ... sell it and move on...

later
john

Old 08-30-2011, 03:10 PM
ben73058
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey Dale,
A little OT but this morning on my morning walk before dawn I saw this wrecker pull quietly into this guys driveway & pull his Explorer out of there in under 15 seconds. I've never actually seen a repo happen in real life - It was pretty impressive. You could easily get your 5th wheel back - just saying.

Ben in Austin

Old 08-30-2011, 03:31 PM
Fordman49F1
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This may or may not be well recieved, but here we go. I never loan anything out unless I am prepared to never see it again. Family, friends, it makes no difference. I have been done wrong on small items, large items, and everything between. I finally got to the point where I said if I hand this (whatever it is) to you, I am prepared to replace it should I need it again.

It sucks that people as generous as yourself have to deal with this. I hope you can put this to bed soon.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:02 PM
spurredon
Fleet Owner

Received 665 Likes on 596 Posts
Arrowhead, sorry about you trouble. Maybe if you went to the beach and took more pics and posted them for us it would help you to feel better?! A little humor seems to help most of the time.
Sounds like you are a patient man.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:53 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts
Dale , I fell your pain . Being a very patient person sometimes one can be put on the far backburner if you don't pester them .

Case #1 . The cab and doors to the stock '52 build have been at the body shop for over 3 yrs. The doors have been sanded and primerd . He has ben given $0 . He does awesome work and painted the 1ST-RIDE .I see him often and we get along .

Case #2 . The flathead has been at the engine shop over 2 yrs. The 1st block was cracked beyond repair so I found another for him . Current 239 flattie has been tanked and a small crack on the head deck has been pin welded and the block pressure checked out O.K. He has $1700 of my money + what I paid for the second engine . Am getting a little peeved at this situation .Said he needed $$ for rebuild parts . That was 2 months ago .
How about if I had either one of these persons dining room table for 2 yrs for refinishing . I wonder how they would feel ?

Old 09-03-2011, 12:00 AM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry Dale, I dont know the detailes about your leg and Im guessing some kinde of settelment. But people get jealous and think you have it made. They dont stop to think that a settelment is to compensate a person for the income that will be missed out on over the years because of the injury, not to mention the pain suffering, disfigurment,emotional pain ect. They dont realize any settelment must be mananaged as future income. People can be self centered, it amazes Me how littel a friend or family member meens to them when one gets a settelment or when someone finds themself in your possition.( and dont get Me started on how they come out of the wood work when there is a death) Sorry Dale you cant help but get your feelings hurt, and thats to bad , you seem like a real nice person. And I wish you the best. You may have to sue Him? Vent away thats why were here.

Old 09-03-2011, 12:06 AM
calorchard
Senior User
5 coats of spar varnish....... You mean I have to put on 3 more?...

Old 09-03-2011, 01:12 AM
arrowheadfred
Posting Guru
THANKS

Originally Posted by underthebridgejim
Sorry Dale, I dont know the detailes about your leg and Im guessing some kinde of settelment. But people get jealous and think you have it made. They dont stop to think that a settelment is to compensate a person for the income that will be missed out on over the years because of the injury, not to mention the pain suffering, disfigurment,emotional pain ect. They dont realize any settelment must be mananaged as future income. People can be self centered, it amazes Me how littel a friend or family member meens to them when one gets a settelment or when someone finds themself in your possition.( and dont get Me started on how they come out of the wood work when there is a death) Sorry Dale you cant help but get your feelings hurt, and thats to bad , you seem like a real nice person. And I wish you the best. You may have to sue Him? Vent away thats why were here.
Thanks Jim It help to talk about it sometimes. I lost part of my left leg at work in 08. Put up a good fight to keep it but 5 surgerys and 9 months later it was my leg or my life and i had just been blessed with my grandson so i had to give it up. Then i layed around for another 7 months feeling sorry for myself then one day i rolled my wheelchair down to the boat landing and pushed it in the water. Didn't stop to think how i was going to get back to the house. LOL thank the good lord for cell phones. I found my 51 and went too work i didn't save a old truck IT SAVED ME. I also found JESUS and he played a big role . Yes i was very lucky cause most folks only have workman comp. when you have a work place accident. I HAD 2 3RD party suits to help me with my future and one heck of a lawyer. NOW a new update on the truck !!! Cuz has been putting some over time in. I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me but i do hope this gives someone here motivation. Heck i can always get a job at I HOP and change my name to I LEAN . lol lol lolNow dat there is FUNNY !!!!!! yall have a great weekend guys !!

Old 09-03-2011, 09:31 AM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 344 Likes on 260 Posts
Thanks for that laugh Dale.

Good advice above... here's a couple more that I live by:

I don't loan anything I can't stand to lose - I'd rather give it away - and often have.

When in business, friendship (and relatives) ceases. It's a business contract and will be treated like any other.

Last, never let somebody push your "faith button" either. You know the line, "if you were really a believer you wouldn't demand that." The heck I wouldn't - this has nothing to do with faith. [I've been a pastor for 36 years and have heard it all] Hang in there and stick to your guns. It's a simple matter of right and wrong.

Quick Reply: progress or lack of