1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

Doc's 83 F-100 Resto Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Pastortom1
Mountain Pass

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
It's a mildly worked 273 with a beefed up 904 and an 8-3/4 3.23....They didn't call it a power bulge.....no name that I know of....Came in different styles though, for year and special engines.

I've been havin' so much fun with the F-100 I forgot about her for a while.....Had new BF's on order now for over 2 months, still on back-order....Goodrich doesn't want to make many 14's any more I guess.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Forgot about the 904. Yeah, they used it behind everything at least to the 318. But the 383, like my Bee, and anything larger got the 727. Oddly enough, my Bee also has 3.23's in the 8 3/4 rear with posi.

Always liked that version of the A body. Back in the day it was thought to be "small", but I'll bet today it is about the right size. I have a '69 sales brochure that says the B body, like my Bee, was "small enough to go in any parking space and large enough to take the family camping". That's not true today as it is easier to get my '82 pickup in a parking spot than the Bee. However, they were right about the camping - easily pitch a tent in the trunk!

Old 09-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Pastortom1
Mountain Pass

Originally Posted by LouisianaKid
Doc...
I would really love if you could give a little how-to on your console. Me and my now Mtn Dew covered floor mats would greatly appreciate it.
Just PM me with specific questions.....No problem at'all. Glad to help. Doc

Old 09-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Pastortom1
Mountain Pass

Exclamation NEW CUSTOM SEAT COVER !!!!!!!!

FINALLY stretched out the new custom seat cover my friend made for me over in Port Richey.......MAN, this thing is great.

I told him I wanted it to look like a 57 Ford......Gave him a tiny illustration, and my old seat cover.........He used the old as a pattern, saved all the plastic stretchers and what not, and made this thing dead on!

It feels SO GOOD compared to that old ratty horse blanket that was in there.......get this....My WIFE even wants to cruise in the truck now! (good or bad?)............

Attached Images  
Old 09-20-2011, 02:19 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by Pastortom1
FINALLY stretched out the new custom seat cover my friend made for me over in Port Richey.......MAN, this thing is great.

I told him I wanted it to look like a 57 Ford......Gave him a tiny illustration, and my old seat cover.........He used the old as a pattern, saved all the plastic stretchers and what not, and made this thing dead on!

It feels SO GOOD compared to that old ratty horse blanket that was in there.......get this....My WIFE even wants to cruise in the truck now! (good or bad?)............
That was my first thought - '57 Ford. Had a good friend who's father, our preacher, had one of those. He sure did a good job for you.

As for your wife, we both know that's a good thing.

Old 09-20-2011, 05:52 PM
Pastortom1
Mountain Pass

Stainless Caps

Earlier I added wheel opening moldings in polished stainless to add a bit more pizazz........ This week I added polished stainless bed caps, and a tailgate cap to match. That along with a pressure wash of the bed liner made it look fresh again. I LOVE chrome...........always have. This was a fairly inexpensive addition that set's it off.

It's amazing.......This truck has dents, dings, some rust issues and paint chips.......but cleaning it up and adding the trim has people cranking their heads to see what it is.......Didn't expect that quite yet.

Attached Images  
Old 10-11-2011, 07:56 PM
66gpw
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man just read this thread. Love your truck and I really like the color. My 85 has a long ways to go to meet your trucks state. I'm partial to the 300 six engines. So I like to spruce mine up some. I like to put on an old 8ft step side box. I just like them.
I like the 80 to 86 trucks style. Too bad I had to sell my 86 ext. cab recently. No coin to fix the motor. It looked like it went to a good home where they plan to replace the engine and give the body a new look.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:23 PM
9wire
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Outstanding work, sir. Obvious it's had some custom work, but not in your face with it. Nicely balanced and tasteful mods you did.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:30 AM
Pastortom1
Mountain Pass

Talking

Thanks guys........ It's a joy to drive it now......Keeps me feelin' young (and brother, I need a boost)...........

Now I need to get the front end parts freshened up.....Have to find a garage to work with me on "partial" repairs rather than the "all at once" treatment...........seems few of them want to do anything but "all that it needs"...........it'd be nice, but the costs are crazy on labor......

Old 10-12-2011, 07:16 AM
66gpw
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah don't you know it. I'm able to do most of the work myself. Then all I need is a wheel alignment. I have to change the radius arms on my truck they are worn out. I do not have a heated shop and winter is almost upon us here.

Old 01-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Pastortom1
Mountain Pass

TAIL LIGHT UPGRADE

Well, I finally popped on a set of "Altezza" style tail lights for the 83 F-100........I chose this particular model cause it smacked a bit of "retro" with all that chrome and the individual lamps........I bought these on Ebay, and I'll tell ya what....they're OEM weight and quality, were packed incredibly well, and they FIT with not a single hitch......Even had 4 new galvanized secondary screws to go into the new plastic housings from behind the tailgate......and I spent UNDER 60 BUCKS to the DOOR.

I don't think you can get a better deal than that for this quality.

Attached Images   
Old 01-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Wow! That's cool! I like that look. They seem to work well with all the other brightwork surrounding them.

Old 01-09-2012, 02:09 PM
lavatan
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Right now, I'm using a nitrogen/oxygen mixture to get that transparent look.......Kinda boring though, so I ordered a new dash cap........ain't in yet though.........The old pad was really beat, so I'm gonna level what's left and recap it..........
Hey Tom, where did you order the new dash? I have been looking everywhere for a new one.

Old 01-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Pastortom1
Mountain Pass

I'm pretty sure the supplier is listed here in the thread........It cost me appx. $115. or so to the door if I remember right........Nice quality molded cap....I didn't do any trimming at all to pop it in there.

They said to use "adhesive" (I think they supplied some...?), but it fit so snug I just popped it in and there it sits.....no screws, no goop.

Old 01-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Pastortom1
Mountain Pass

Thumbs up

The cap is a "Accu-Form", made in the USA......Purchased from AZBOB*1 on Ebay for $115.05 to my door by Fed-Ex. Great fit, easy install, and they include some silicone adhesive if you want to use it..... Came sealed in plastic and well packed in a double wall box.
Found it........Here ya' go.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Doc's 83 F-100 Resto Thread