General Automotive Discussion

Fords Marketing Chief tells off GM

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 09:34 PM
blueiron
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's an automotive company - not the evil old Soviet Union. I don't hate GM, but I deplore that Roger Moore and many other senior executives, since then at GM, continued down the road of satisfying their retirement portfolios and corporate speculators, instead of making quality autos and satisfying customers, dealers, and shareholders. Having driven a 2007 Corvette, I was in awe of its overall performance and value of HP per dollar.

I admire his enthusiasm and passion, but in the polite world - the obscenities should be left to times when a 28 ounce framing hammer lands on a thumb or during a fist fight.

I admire Ford for making the hard choices when the time came, buckling down, and bringing quality vehicles to market. My next vehicle will be another Ford, but I do wish Ford would make a high performance sports car that would challenge the Corvette.

Keep up the passion Ford, because many of us who grew up in the 50's and 60's are still motorheads. We recall the bad old days of 1973 to 1985 and we want cars and trucks that make us want to go for a weekend drive for no other purpose other than to get out and enjoy the world.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:16 AM
Fordman49F1
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally some FoMoCo brass has the ***** to say what we have been saying for a long time. I hate GM, always have and always will. It has more to do with the attitude of the general mouth breathing yokel that praises GM...but lately the Government Motors payoff (not bailout). What a farce. I am now forced to bail a poorly managed POS company out when I wouldn't even **** on the building if it was burning? I would only hope that every 350 ever cast would smolder in that fire....so I never have to hear people tell me to yank my tired (fresh built) 289 for a 3-fiddy.

I am glad to see some Ford people finally having some passion, some fire in their belly to continue to make Ford a better company. Would I hire him? Hell yeah I would. Add another 10 just like him to the fold, that's my board of directors.

That article hit the nail on the head...born on third base and bragging about a triple! BRILLIANT!

Old 09-14-2011, 08:25 AM
Country705
Elder User
My sentiments exactly. I have growed up in love with ford every sence i was big enough to walk and talk hell ford could of been my first word. It is nice to see someone act like they have a pair and say what they mean and mean what they say. GM is a joke and I say F U GOVERMENT MOTORS. Way to go ford for hiring that man now lets get about 20 more like him and ford could really be kicking the **** out of gm.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:54 AM
trinogt
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blueiron
My next vehicle will be another Ford, but I do wish Ford would make a high performance sports car that would challenge the Corvette.
Well, they did a few years ago, the Mighty GT! Of course, it was limited in number, and cost was up there, but it sure did deliver! And using a truck motor to boot.
I have always thought that the Thunderbird should be the direct competitor to the vette, since it was brought out and directly competed with it, like on the beaches of Daytona back in the day. Problem was, someone at Ford saw it as car that would adapt to daily driver duty, becoming larger and less powerful all the time. I own a 1995 V8 'Bird, but would like to see it go back to its true roots, somewhat like the short-lived 2002-2005? models that could have used some lightening and a lot more power than the Jaguar-sourced AJ-V8, 3.9L with 280 hp. Make an aggressive Thunderbird that can do well at the track but still be well under $100K, and I think it will be ON.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:36 AM
slundin
New User
I like his passion and honesty

I think it's about time Ford had an Executive that actually cared about the product rather than the bottom line. It bodes well for Ford a far as the company's effort to not only remain top in quality but to continue to work towards being the best quality automobile and truck manufacturer in the world. He is a true car enthusiast, and a true Ford man as I am. I love the emotion of it completely. I drive my 1981 F-150 proudly as I am a true Ford man. And I too hate GM.

A car guy for life.

Old 09-17-2011, 06:53 AM
TRUCK D
New User
Love it Now that he opened his mouth, I want to see him back his words up. Do like that he is showing passion, something that seems to be lacking in corporate America. Ford right now has the best line of cars/ truck overall, top to bottom. I would like to see a little more power, that would be nice. Love the new 5.0 Mustangs and the 6.2 Raptors. I would like to see a version of the 6.2 be an option in the super duty's tho. Maybe a little more torque. I also wish we here in America had got the "new" version of the Ranger that everyone else seemed to get.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:59 PM
slundin
New User
Ranger

I agree that the Ranger should have NEVER been discontinued here in the U.S. After all it is only the most dependable, longest lasting small pickup in the Country. The GM small trucks never could come close to the reliability of the Ranger and Toyota could only try to keep up, which still appalls me as I am tired of Americans who drive Japanese cars. This is the United States of America. Buy American. Buy FORD. Anyway, the Ranger is an Icon in the world of small trucks because of it's reliability. Ford, please bring back the Ranger to the U.S. market. you will not regret it. I know that with the new Transport Express and similar vehicles like it from Chrysler, Nissan and Mercedes, that small pickups are losing ground in the small delivery/commercial vehicle market, but the Ranger is a lot more than just that. It is a popular sport vehicle as well as work truck for millions of people right here in this country. It is deserving of the respect it has earned and therefore it should be made available to the people who made it what it is, Americans.