Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

Interrior Re-do

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 01:05 PM
TNScrambler
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interrior Re-do

I posted this over in the Diesel '94-97 forum, but figured its not really diesel specific so I thought I'd show yall what I did to dress up my interior some, since the truck is paid for and while I'd love to have a new one, I don't need a new one, so I did this to at least make it more comfortable and update it some...

I finally got around to put these in this weekend. The rear is just a matter of positioning it where you want and drilling new holes and bolting it in. I pushed mine as far back as they would go and didn't seem to loose any room over stock in the rear. The front seats I used the factory SD power bases as I had my stock seats sold already and couldn't rob the manual slider bracket....but it turned out to be so easy it worked out great.

The front I sat in there where I thought I wanted them, hooked up the power so i could play with the adjustments and make sure, then marked and drilled my front holes. The driver side didn't need any mods to the brackets at all, I drilled two new holes for the front brackets, in the rear there was a sheet metal body cross member underneath where I wanted to put the holes, so I just cut a piece of angle iron and clearanced it for the movement of the tracks, drilled a hole in it for the original rear mounting stud and used it to retain the rear seat mounts. On the passenger side it was almost as easy but I did have to bend the front left (closest to the trans tunnel) bracket. Drilled the front two holes, did the same angle iron for the rear mount. Used the factory SD plugs and wired into the OBS powerlumbar circuit.

The seats work great, I gave myself a little more leg room up front, but there is plenty of forward travel to give rear passengers more leg room if needed....but 95% no one rides behind me. Also I love the fold out rear load deck, I have already used it and it is NICE. The seats are way more comfortable, however they do sit higher, even with the bases lowered all the way.... I'm 6'2" and my wife says i have a long Torso, but I fit just fine. But if your taller or have a longer torso, you may have to do more mods to the seat brackets to lower them. But like I said it was so easy I think it would have taken longer to remove the factory bracket and re-drill the wholes for these seats.

For some reason not all the pics are showing up, so here is the link to them.... F250 crew cab pictures from trucks photos on webshots

Old 08-05-2011, 10:49 AM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for postig this. If you need any interior pieces I parted out a '97 single cab. Have all of the plastic trim still minus one or two pieces.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:54 AM
TNScrambler
Senior User
Originally Posted by Neal 97 250
Thanks for postig this. If you need any interior pieces I parted out a '97 single cab. Have all of the plastic trim still minus one or two pieces.
Do you have the a-pillar trim on the driver side? Mine is cracked through the mounting screw hole beside the dash. I have previously found and replaced the black plastic trim around the speedo and headlamp switch etc as mine was cracked on the mounting hole. I also previously found and replaced the dash pad that goes above the radio and over the glove box with a nice un-cracked unit.

I still need to do carpet and headliner, I found a carpet kit through rock auto that you can buy extra mass insulation and what not, so I plan to use that, but want to wait till after the trans swap so I know where to cut for the shifter etc..

Justin

Old 08-05-2011, 02:36 PM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Looks great!

Old 08-07-2011, 12:26 AM
jdecker88
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great job man, I know it was one of the best mods I did to my truck adding the fold out cargo deck.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:00 AM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TNScrambler
Do you have the a-pillar trim on the driver side? Mine is cracked through the mounting screw hole beside the dash. I have previously found and replaced the black plastic trim around the speedo and headlamp switch etc as mine was cracked on the mounting hole. I also previously found and replaced the dash pad that goes above the radio and over the glove box with a nice un-cracked unit.

I still need to do carpet and headliner, I found a carpet kit through rock auto that you can buy extra mass insulation and what not, so I plan to use that, but want to wait till after the trans swap so I know where to cut for the shifter etc..

Justin
A- pillar and the piece under the wheel with the pocket are the only two pieces I don't have.

Where in the world did you find a dash pad that wasn't cracked?

Old 08-09-2011, 10:02 AM
TNScrambler
Senior User
Originally Posted by Neal 97 250
A- pillar and the piece under the wheel with the pocket are the only two pieces I don't have.

Where in the world did you find a dash pad that wasn't cracked?
I found a guy locally that was parting out a wrecked truck on craigslist, it was high mileage when wrecked, but he had bought it two years previous with only 89k on it and he seemed pretty meticulas on cleaning and what not....believe it or not, my truck with over 200k on it when I bought it had a clean un cracked one till I hauled a TV in the front seat and accidentally let it smack the dash

Justin