Received 1,344 Likes on 1,104 Posts
Road rage...........

Road Rage on Canadian Roads

Old 07-20-2011, 09:52 AM
Aaron-71
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Wow, awesome article!

You know what this means with the growth of Saskatchewan though right? Eventually we'll stop being nice...

One of my LARGEST pet peeves is when a driver brakes for no damn good reason. Most people don't realise that when you brake, it sends that message down the road like a ripple effect, and affects all drivers behind them.

So many people are paranoid on the road and I think it's because they don't know their vehicle well enough to know its limits and how to use it properly. Braking on Ring Road when going 110, and no on is in front of you to brake for, doesn't make much sense to me at all. If it was some emergency, I might let it go, but still... pull over... don't slam on the brakes and stay in the same lane while driving 110...

Rant over.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:32 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Doesnt ring road have a speed limit of 100? If so, the people braking, while doing 110, might be breaking to slow down to the maximum speed limit, which, if your comping up behind them faster, you shouldnt worry about them braking!

Just sayin

I can understand people getting road rage. No one follows the signs on the side of the road anymore, and no one has any common courtesy on the road. Its pretty pathetic, cause driving courteous, and lawfully aint that hard!

Old 07-20-2011, 04:40 PM
Aaron-71
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by preppypyro
Doesnt ring road have a speed limit of 100? If so, the people braking, while doing 110, might be breaking to slow down to the maximum speed limit, which, if your comping up behind them faster, you shouldnt worry about them braking!

Just sayin

I can understand people getting road rage. No one follows the signs on the side of the road anymore, and no one has any common courtesy on the road. Its pretty pathetic, cause driving courteous, and lawfully aint that hard!
I understand the 110 thing you're talking about Sheldon, but I meant something else.

What I meant is if you're travelling behind them at the same speed, following along nicely, obeying the law (who doesn't do +5 or more on any speed limit?), and have lots of gap between you and the vehicle in front of you.... and all of the suddent they brake hard, don't put any lights on, they're in mid-traffic at rush hour, and have nothing to brake for in front of them (except for more flat asphalt)...

And yes, I fully agree... driving is a privilege, not a right... MANY of motorists on the road forget that and cross the lines all too often.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:36 PM
Fomoko1
In the last few years I very seldom see the 100 kmh observed, some go slower but most exceed that 100 by a good margin..........

Old 07-20-2011, 09:45 PM
66gpw
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think road rage is growing here. I been finding the number of bad drivers increasing. Like the ones that tailgate you on the highway to either hope to make you go faster or pull over. I mean tailgating where you no longer see haedlights or grill. They **** me off. I give them time to back off. but if they don't I just give a light tap on my brakes with my left foot. Just enough to turn the lights on, not slow the car down. They back off real quick or give me salutes. I'm sorry fella I like to live and am not in a hellva hurry to get to hell like he is. So a tap saves my *** and gets him to either smarten up or he does the really stupid and passes me ino oncoming traffic.
That is has been a growing thing my way of people passing when not safe to do so. Forcing people to swerve to the shoulder and in some cases the inocent lose control. Like what happen a year ago where a fella did this and it cost a life and they kept going. At least a passenger had a concious and eventually told police where the culprit denied doing this. Yet witnesses ID his vehicle from the police pictures of it.

I commute and have so many ride my backend and eventually pass me only to have me pull up beside them at the lights in the city limits.
I'm doing the speed limit and sometimes just above. Alot of them have pilot licenses.
My supervisor at work has the mentality to be out front. So he will pass everyone just to be out front>.
Another thing is when construction and everyone has to get into one lane. It is amazing how many drive around signs race up to the construction and force their way into the traffic that formed the one lane. Now that ticks people off. I see them in my mirrors and usually I keep the gap close enough to prevent getting in where I waited my time like the rest. But he has a smart idea to pass everyone where he is not to be and force or squeeze in. But I enjoy seeing them looking at me shrugging to be let in and I won't. Back of the line bud.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:23 AM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I get road rage. Come to think of it, I get raged at stupid people regardless of weather I'm driving or just doing anything.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:06 AM
LaredoF350
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 96sherm
I get road rage. Come to think of it, I get raged at stupid people regardless of weather I'm driving or just doing anything.
A friend has a theory - if MAN had natural predators the problem would correct itself!

Old 07-21-2011, 09:27 AM
Aaron-71
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by 66gpw
I think road rage is growing here. I been finding the number of bad drivers increasing. Like the ones that tailgate you on the highway to either hope to make you go faster or pull over. I mean tailgating where you no longer see haedlights or grill. They **** me off. I give them time to back off. but if they don't I just give a light tap on my brakes with my left foot. Just enough to turn the lights on, not slow the car down. They back off real quick or give me salutes. I'm sorry fella I like to live and am not in a hellva hurry to get to hell like he is. So a tap saves my *** and gets him to either smarten up or he does the really stupid and passes me ino oncoming traffic.
That is has been a growing thing my way of people passing when not safe to do so. Forcing people to swerve to the shoulder and in some cases the inocent lose control. Like what happen a year ago where a fella did this and it cost a life and they kept going. At least a passenger had a concious and eventually told police where the culprit denied doing this. Yet witnesses ID his vehicle from the police pictures of it.

I commute and have so many ride my backend and eventually pass me only to have me pull up beside them at the lights in the city limits.
I'm doing the speed limit and sometimes just above. Alot of them have pilot licenses.
My supervisor at work has the mentality to be out front. So he will pass everyone just to be out front>.
Another thing is when construction and everyone has to get into one lane. It is amazing how many drive around signs race up to the construction and force their way into the traffic that formed the one lane. Now that ticks people off. I see them in my mirrors and usually I keep the gap close enough to prevent getting in where I waited my time like the rest. But he has a smart idea to pass everyone where he is not to be and force or squeeze in. But I enjoy seeing them looking at me shrugging to be let in and I won't. Back of the line bud.
Couldn't agree more with this.

I can understand in the first story where if an emergency was occuring, they need to get somewhere fast... but it doesn't give them the right to tailgate so closely that all I can see is a hood after my tailgate...

What I usually do is the same. Tap the brakes, watch them flip out, and eventually try to pass me, only to fail because I purposely keep them behind me. I've let some individuals tailgate me from south albert & ringroad to north albert & ringroad... just cause I hate those self-centered jerks that want to see what their vehicle can do in the inner city limits... and like the above said... you see them at the next red light....

Sometimes I travel at the same speed of the vehicle beside me and make a long-*** train of angry motorists behind me. It sure is fun travelling the speed limit isn't it?

As for the construction comments... couldn't agree more on this, but I take a different approach. When someone in a jacked up truck or racing ricer tries to cut out and race around traffic to get up in the front of the line, I simply take up two lanes and ride the center stripes so they can't get ahead. Usually I get the bird for this one, but they can stick it back where it came from.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:59 AM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Its kinda sad that we feel we have to police ourselves on the road, but....

In reality if people are really acting severly stupid on the road, im with you guys and I will "police" them as well.

There has been quite a few times when I have invited another driver to pull over to the side of the road so we could discuss the "problem", but no takers yet.

It aint right either, but sometimes a guy just has to say, enough of the BS, and take control of these idiots.

Old 07-21-2011, 02:53 PM
Fomoko1
Originally Posted by preppypyro

There has been quite a few times when I have invited another driver to pull over to the side of the road so we could discuss the "problem", but no takers yet.

It aint right either, but sometimes a guy just has to say, enough of the BS, and take control of these idiots.
I used to think the same way till I realised that only brings me down to their level!
Also with the crack heads, druggies, zombies etc that`s floating around and road rage shootings that`s not a real smart thing to do on my part.
Plus someone may just be having a bad day and I don`t want to be the one to push them over the edge.......

Old 07-21-2011, 04:00 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Morris you are 189.385 percent that it brings us down to their level.

I however feel that sometimes if me, or guys like me, dont step up and "police" some of these A-hole's, things will just get out of hand!

Everyone needs a reality check every now and then!

I dont worry about geting shot or anything either, the chances of that happening up here are extremley tiny. This aint the USA where handguns are easy to get (which sucks BTW), but that also means not every jerk crackhead/druggie has em!

I want to be the one to push people off the edge, maybe next time they stop and think of someone else other then themselves when they drive like a jerk!

Old 07-21-2011, 08:31 PM
Fomoko1
There`s too many out there to bother with so rather than getting ticked off and acting silly I take it all with a grain of salt.......plus like everyone else who is humane I`m not a perfect driver 100% of the time tho I do try.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:01 PM
66gpw
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Same here Morris. I make goofs or mistakes at times when driving.
I also do my best to keep calm and shrug it off to get home safe. But somedays my mood or if things from bad drivers happens a bit too much. It can build.
That is why when I get out of the city I tend to relax more. There are fewer bad drivers out in the country.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:07 PM
Fomoko1
Originally Posted by 66gpw
That is why when I get out of the city I tend to relax more. There are fewer bad drivers out in the country.
And hopefully they`re spaced alot further apart......

Quick Reply: Road rage...........