Sponsored by: DP Tuner

New Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 10:57 AM
remhaust
Senior User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Wheels

Ok I finally had sum time, and came up with a wheel I think will work. Its a 20" x 9" wheel with -12 OS but lists no BS. Do u guys think this will still work ok. I am putting 35" tires with 4" lift on.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:38 PM
usmcdaveII
Senior User
IMO it will work. I may get corrected but I think -12 will stick further out than the +12 OS from your fender well. I put a set of 20X10 XD Monster wheels on 35X12.50 Nitto mud grapplers on a 06 F250 with just 2.5 leveling coils. My wheels were a plus offset and I didn't have any major issuses. It would scrub a little when I turned in one direction real deep. Hope this is some help.

Last edited by usmcdaveII; 07-12-2011 at 12:46 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-12-2011, 04:07 PM
remhaust
Senior User

U sure they were a + OS, I think the monster 20x10 comes in a -12 only? Either way thanks for the reply.

Old 07-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Wiredoge4
Senior User
I would be careful on buy the XD series wheels. In March I bought the Rock Star XD's. On my first trip to Glamis pulling my Toy Hauler. One of the wheels blew apart. I had 37" Toyo MT's on the 18X9 Monster XD's with a 6" lift. Les Schwab said I had a flat, but the tire was in new shape only 7000 miles on them. I put the tire on another rim and it held air. After ordering a new wheel and tire and a week later Les Schwab calls me and said Wheel Pro's wants all of my wheels off my truck. Later found out that For the F350 Wheel Pros are taking them off the market. They took all Monster and Rock Star wheel off there web sit for the F350 diesels. Currently still trying to get the 5th wheel back I bought. They did replace four with the Revolver XD series. A few weeks ago I went to Moon Rocks in NV and talked to a few people and found 4 other f350 owners with the same issue. Before buying wheels in today's world I would just say ask around and see if what your buying will work for you. I think my case was the wheels could not hold the weight and pulling a trailer was to much for the wheels. Best of luck.

Old 07-12-2011, 05:22 PM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Wiredoge4
I would be careful on buy the XD series wheels. In March I bought the Rock Star XD's. On my first trip to Glamis pulling my Toy Hauler. One of the wheels blew apart. I had 37" Toyo MT's on the 18X9 Monster XD's with a 6" lift. Les Schwab said I had a flat, but the tire was in new shape only 7000 miles on them. I put the tire on another rim and it held air. After ordering a new wheel and tire and a week later Les Schwab calls me and said Wheel Pro's wants all of my wheels off my truck. Later found out that For the F350 Wheel Pros are taking them off the market. They took all Monster and Rock Star wheel off there web sit for the F350 diesels. Currently still trying to get the 5th wheel back I bought. They did replace four with the Revolver XD series. A few weeks ago I went to Moon Rocks in NV and talked to a few people and found 4 other f350 owners with the same issue. Before buying wheels in today's world I would just say ask around and see if what your buying will work for you. I think my case was the wheels could not hold the weight and pulling a trailer was to much for the wheels. Best of luck.
Wow and I was actually looking at the Rockstars for my dually too!

Old 07-12-2011, 05:38 PM
Wiredoge4
Senior User
The Rock Stars look awesome on my truck. I had the Matte Black. What I would do is look at this site. Wheels Pros This company is one of the main distributor for all Tire Shops. You can pick your year make and model. One of the people I ran into that had the same issue ran 20X9 Rock Star Wheels , he kept having flat tires until they figured out there was a cracks on the wheels. He did no off road 4x4 just highway.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:32 PM
remhaust
Senior User

OMG, If that happened to me I would come unglued.I was looking at the armour style, any info i try to find is little to none, I guess i could contact wheel pros/ Thanks for the info and best of luck to you.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:16 AM
usmcdaveII
Senior User
Originally Posted by remhaust
U sure they were a + OS, I think the monster 20x10 comes in a -12 only? Either way thanks for the reply.
I am pretty sure I ordered a + offset because I did not want the tires sticking out from under the fender wells and beating my paint off. I did a lot of research at the time, I just did write anything down.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:01 PM
jwhitetail
Posting Guru
JMOP. but i would buy only forged wheels rated 3,500 or more. You get what you pay for, cheap wheels on these truck's don't get it.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:51 PM
remhaust
Senior User

dido on the stronger wheels,I think most wheels that cost anything now adays are all forged, and these would be the most expensive wheel that I or anybody I know of has ever bought.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:55 PM
remhaust
Senior User

Does anyone remmber the stock OS and BS. I have two different numbers not sure where I got them. I also dont wont wheels to stick out that much, but when they only list one choice that sucks. I just saw a picture today of a 2011 with the wheel i want, but not sure if it was the 10" or 9" and they stick out way far. Iam going nuts trying to figure on what will work, I mean i know it will work but dont want it sticking out that far. Another month without my wheels, Please help me!!!!

Old 07-13-2011, 09:57 PM
remhaust
Senior User

Forgot to mention that if a guy knows the stock BS that should never change or one would want that close to the same on whatever wheel he/she chooses right?