6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 05:50 PM
amdriven2liv
I'm hitting easy street

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Rusty Axlerod

Relax and clear your mind...

Close your eyes and imagine you're cursing down the road, listening to the turbo whistle and unmistakable rattle of your favorite truck.

Rusty, that made me laugh like heck. That is like a 6.0L owner

"Relaxed..... and cursing (%*&^#$&^) down the road"

Just had to say ........... that was good!

Sean

Old 06-29-2011, 05:54 PM
2006lariat
Lead Driver
Received 228 Likes on 62 Posts
I would Keep your Dually, and sell the truck, you bought too sell! Not that either of them are bad, Just the Dually is YOUR'S, with your blood, sweat, tears, and MONEY in it!

Old 06-29-2011, 06:11 PM
rdunagan
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea i know bud! thats what im thinkin but im kinda leanin towards sellin the dually. upside is more money, more power, better MPG's, and tires are less. i will swap over all the stuff thats on the dually except exhaust and RR and will buy that for the new one if i keep it. plus id like my dad to put some money in his pocket also. he was kind enough to give me the KR and help pay for the studs and what not so i dont wanna be selfsh and sell the other one and keep the money that i made when there is potential for both of us to make money

Old 06-29-2011, 06:49 PM
Rusty Axlerod
Lead Driver
Received 136 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by amdriven2liv
Rusty, that made me laugh like heck. That is like a 6.0L owner

"Relaxed..... and cursing (%*&^#$&^) down the road"

Just had to say ........... that was good!

Sean
Ha ha..I guess we've done some cussin too!

I didn't mean to get all "poetic" or whatever but I can sympathize. It kinda sounded like I was trying to say -keep the dually- but really rdunagan, if you could see that happening it the srw truck and being happy with it, then the cash is the way to go. But if you go for the bucks and reluctantly sell the truck, after a couple of beers you could be the guy showing your friends pictures of it and boring them with stories of the truck you "used to have". nobody wants that.

There's a framed b/w picture of of a '70 GTO (factory 455 manual trans-very rare) and a timeslip from now closed county dragstrip hanging on the wall in my garage I don't talk about anymore.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:01 PM
rdunagan
Posting Guru
yea thats what i dont wanna do is be kicking myself in the a**! im gonna for sure drive this SRW for a week or so and see how i like it before i make my desion but i still dont know if that will help. you guys are helping me out big time! and i really appricate it!

Old 11-21-2011, 10:16 PM
dlibson
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So, did you keep it, or sell it?

Old 11-21-2011, 11:20 PM
rdunagan
Posting Guru
i sold the dually. i just couldnt screw my dad out of 6k as well. it was originally his truck and i got the SRW to fix and sell. but he came to me and said if i wanted to keep that truck he would let me sell the dually, pay my truck off (the SRW) since the dually was paid off, give me what i would have made selling the SRW and him keep the rest. Well being that i sold my dually for 24500 and only paid 22 for it with a hell of alot less miles i couldnt pass it up. only paid 11k for the one im in now so he paid it off, he kept 6k and i got 6k so it worked out great! im not gonna lie though i miss my dually so bad! o and i forgot to mention i think that the SRW is still a King Ranch and only had 30k more miles on it but was studded and everything so its basically my dually but faster and 2 less tires

Old 11-22-2011, 12:57 AM
dukie1877
Elder User

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Time to start making some new memories in your new truck Glad it worked out for you. I think the hardest part of getting rid of a truck IMO is the memories you have in it. For me I almost develope a relationship with my truck. I know its wierd but thats just who I am I guess. Goodluck with your new truck hopefully it doesn't give you problems for a long while.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:50 AM
dlibson
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well at least it sounds like it worked out in the end, and everyone came out good...

Hopefully the new one treats you well!

Old 11-22-2011, 11:58 AM
rdunagan
Posting Guru
yea i have plenty of memories in my old one. this new one has treated me very well so far execpt for the fuel mileage. believe it or not the SRW is actually worse in fuel mileage but thats due to the lastest ford flash the guy had on there. im going to get the FICM and pcm done at PHP and that should help out a ton. its got a few noises im trying to figure out since i put a 4" lift on this one but with 177k and now newly lifted the old parts are going to make some noise. im in the process of finding them and replacing them but i will get there soon! it still tows like a dream though! thats why i went with a 4" so i could still tow. and yes both of us came out good! put money in my pocket and put money in our business account (since my truck is actually a company truck/personal) so couldnt ask for anything better. O and a side note i sold the truck to a very good friend of mine who is a barrel racer and she brings it to me all the time to do work on and i can drive it every now and then so it really did turn out good!