1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Updated: Aeroforce Interceptor first impressions.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 12:38 PM
F-250 Super Duty
Laughing Gas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Updated: Aeroforce Interceptor first impressions.....

Ok so the after waiting a few days to hear from them, then a few days to ship, I finally got the cable today. Talk about easy to install. Took a little time to figure out how to work it but currently have it set to show ICP psi on top and ICP duty cycle% on the bottom. I even passed the injector buzz test with flying colors! All injectors sound the exact same and all hit 1000 rpm on the tach while they were being buzzed. Test said "No Codes Reported" I guess its time to do a cylinder contribution test next.

I have to say I was very upset to see the gauge show up without the cable. It's like getting a BB gun for christmas but no BB's! LOL Now that we are up and running I'm going to say I like it a lot so far. Pretty neat tool to have.

I ordered my guage on June 13 and I was starting to get worried about not getting it because a week went by without getting any emails from them with shipping information. Well 7 days after they have been paid, they finally send it to me. Inside the box I hear something rattling around, I open up the box this morning and this is what I see...

The guage is there, a small three wire harness, and an aluminum bezel with white face just rolling around inside the box. No OBD cable, no manual just a crumpled up piece of paper that was ran through a copier? Am I to assume I have to buy that seperate to make this guage work? The installation instructions on step three say "Run included 9' main cable..." For $260.60 I would think I would have gotten something that would be ready for use. I mean Isspro and Autometer even give you the wires to hook up the guages....

I've search everywhere and there is no phone number listed for this company. I have sent an email and have not received a response.

Should have not wasted my money and just bought AE...... Live and Learn

Old 06-23-2011, 01:05 PM
farmdad
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like some one in the packing department had a bad day, or night before.... Mike, call your credit card company and tell them the situation. They may be able to put a hold on the payment until the problem is remedied. Sometimes there is a phone no. for the company on the monthly credit card statement. You may get it if you look at your account on line. They helped me out on a no-show item.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:24 PM
snakedoc
Postmaster
that is not right. you would think it would come with more.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Supercab
Lead Driver

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
+2 Dispute the charges on your card!!

Old 06-23-2011, 01:28 PM
farmdad
Posting Guru
Old 06-23-2011, 01:29 PM
F-250 Super Duty
Laughing Gas

I have already filed a dispute with Paypal. It's not tons of money but it's still MY money. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and hope they do the right thing and send the cable. But when you're job is to put 5 things in a box and you forget the largest of the five something is wrong!

Mark, Just tried calling the number, it's not in service... Imagine that!

Old 06-23-2011, 02:00 PM
farmb0y
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by F-250 Super Duty
Should have not wasted my money and just bought AE...... Live and Learn
If you can get them to send you everything you need, it's not money wasted. I love having that extra information, especially when towing.

But I know your dissapointment with Aeroforce, got my gauge (through Terminator Eng.) and it wouldn't work. Had to send it back, they said it was fine, still didn't work. They finally sent me a new one, sent to Joey first so that he could program it properly. Still fought issues with it working sometime and then not. For whatever reason I removed the "clamp" that bolts to the back of the gauge to hold it in place and it work flawlessly after that. It's a great little gauge, when it works.

Weren't they backlogged for a while? like a couple months out? Or was that something else I'm thinking of. ??

Old 06-23-2011, 02:04 PM
F-250 Super Duty
Laughing Gas

Originally Posted by farmb0y
Weren't they backlogged for a while? like a couple months out? Or was that something else I'm thinking of. ??
That's them! But supossedly all was good now. Maybe the backlog is on the cables now? LOL

Old 06-23-2011, 02:27 PM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Mike, let me know if you have issues. I have them in stock from Terminator all preset and tested ready to go. They are great and I haven't really ever had any issues. Let me know if I can help.

They definitely aren't a replacement for AE but are a good supplement on the road.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:43 PM
F-250 Super Duty
Laughing Gas

Clay, Thanks for the offer. I'm going to give them until Monday to make good on it. If not then I will request a refund from paypal and call you to order it! Where are they on the site? I looked under gauges and didn't see them. Had I known you have them, I would have gotten another box with yellow tape!!!

Old 06-23-2011, 03:03 PM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Clay, Thanks for the offer. I'm going to give them until Monday to make good on it. If not then I will request a refund from paypal and call you to order it! Where are they on the site? I looked under gauges and didn't see them. Had I known you have them, I would have gotten another box with yellow tape!!!
We don't have it on the site yet, but will very shortly

Old 06-23-2011, 03:22 PM
F-250 Super Duty
Laughing Gas

See, it's your fault! I'm offically blaming you for this now! If they were up I would have just gotten yelled at for the yellow taped boxes and not screwed!!! LOL

Old 06-23-2011, 05:54 PM
Rushmore X
Logistics Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Interesting, got mine from Clay and it works great. Hopefully you can get a hold of them and they would just send you the cable. I burned off the instructions from the internet...

Old 06-23-2011, 07:51 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
I have already filed a dispute with Paypal. It's not tons of money but it's still MY money. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and hope they do the right thing and send the cable. But when you're job is to put 5 things in a box and you forget the largest of the five something is wrong!

Mark, Just tried calling the number, it's not in service... Imagine that!
Who did you buy it from? If it's an idiot, share their name and tell everyone to avoid them. Then call Aeroforce and I bet they take care of you.

I had a similar experience with an idiot company called Oregon Performance Transmission. Bought a Transgo Tugger kit for the wife from them and it turned out to be missing a spacer (on a long holiday weekend of course). I emailed the fool (no phone number I could find that worked) several time, including finally scanning in the instructions with the part in question circled and listed on the Transgo paperwork and he kept telling me it was a Ford factory part I was missing and that I should go to Ford and buy it.

I finally gave up and called TransGo. I explained the missing piece to them and they said, "That part should have been in there. I'm sorry it wasn't. I can either give you the dimensions to the part so you can make one yourself today, or I will overnight the part out to you, which would you prefer?"

TransGo = Good, Oregon Performance Transmission = Bad. Sorry, had to tell the story again to hopefully rob more business from the idiot at OPT.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:44 PM
F-250 Super Duty
Laughing Gas

Originally Posted by F350-6
Who did you buy it from? If it's an idiot, share their name and tell everyone to avoid them. Then call Aeroforce and I bet they take care of you.
I bought from Aeroforce's website! They have no posted phone number on their site. Also when you look at their Paypal information the phone number listed there is 555-5540. No extension in the US starts with 555. When I looked up their phone number on SEMA'a website it was also a bad phone number.

I've sent two emails with no response!

Quick Reply: Updated: Aeroforce Interceptor first impressions.....